PRODUCTS
AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete Xpand!2

layzer wrote:
Zexila wrote:
layzer wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
.jon wrote:Is there a catch?
They use PACE/iLok as copy protection
ahhh, this puts a nail in its coffin for me. PASS.
Well, you really tried. :lol:
but wait a minute....in your post it says ilok not required for use...
is Numanoid wrong? it is required or not?
does it use pace? is that like ilok?
Just free Ilock account not the dongle
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

layzer wrote:but wait a minute....in your post it says ilok not required for use...
is Numanoid wrong? it is required or not?
does it use pace? is that like ilok?
You can use the software version of PACE/iLOK

You don't have to have a physical iLOK dongle

But a lot of users get red hot under the collar having to install anything PACE on their computer, that is why I listed it as a catch

Well, I got sort of fooled into iLok- I bought the Xpand2 while a go as it read "no iLok required", but required the pace virus installed anyway. Too late to cry, I had already lost a whole 99 cents! So installed the bugger and tried the synth, it looks dated and is pretty simple, but the content is in fact really good quality. It does pad layers very well, and has sounds I lacked.

My computer hasn't caught fire yet, so maybe Pace is not that shit anymore?

I wonder how good the Structure library is in AIEP3. I don't have decent sampled instruments besides VPO and a couple of other sfz things, so that would be my main interest. And maybe Loom. 70 for a big sample library isn't much, if it's good...

geeze. thanks for clearing that up folks, i would like to use Largo too, but have passed to this
day for refusing to put anything ilok related on my DAW. sadly this gets tossed in that same
garbage can.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Got myself this treat too, tried it last night on my PC and have to say, this isn't bad at all, it's actually pretty great freebie for anyone starting out today with music production, that plus Tracktion 5 and something like Synth1 and one is good to go, add maybe ProteusVX to the bunch too. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

layzer wrote:i would like to use Largo too, but have passed to this day for refusing to put anything ilok related on my DAW.
I thought Waldorf use Steinberg e-Licenser ?

.jon wrote:Well, I got sort of fooled into iLok- I bought the Xpand2 while a go as it read "no iLok required", but required the pace virus installed anyway. Too late to cry, I had already lost a whole 99 cents! So installed the bugger and tried the synth, it looks dated and is pretty simple, but the content is in fact really good quality. It does pad layers very well, and has sounds I lacked.

My computer hasn't caught fire yet, so maybe Pace is not that shit anymore?

I wonder how good the Structure library is in AIEP3. I don't have decent sampled instruments besides VPO and a couple of other sfz things, so that would be my main interest. And maybe Loom. 70 for a big sample library isn't much, if it's good...
Don't forget to try the arps.

The Structure library is not awesome, but is probably better than most (not all fellow pedants) sfz things. There is certainly some usable variety in there. Also, it's actually a decent tool for building sample based instruments.

Zexila wrote:Got myself this treat too, tried it last night on my PC and have to say, this isn't bad at all, it's actually pretty great freebie for anyone starting out today with music production, that plus Tracktion 5 and something like Synth1 and one is good to go, add maybe ProteusVX to the bunch too. :tu:
Helm!

Man do people not know about Helm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHCZlo1zNg

ghettosynth wrote: Helm!

Man do people not know about Helm?
:oops:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Numanoid wrote:
layzer wrote:i would like to use Largo too, but have passed to this day for refusing to put anything ilok related on my DAW.
I thought Waldorf use Steinberg e-Licenser ?
nor that... i don't like anything other than a good ol serial number.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

So even if you buy the software from AIR Music Tech, you only get it for 30 Days? And if you lose the downloaded software, do you have to re-purchase it?

Just confirming since i'm planning to buy the bundle.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Very good preset machine ;) IMO even better than Sessions. Those multilayered arps are something else! Instant inspiration off the bat - I've just layered 2 or 3 drum tracks and presto I got that cinematic sound ;) We'll see how well it blends with other synths in a mix, but yeah, very nice sounds inside for sure.

On a different note, I'm quite amazed that stuff like this goes freeware - even if just for a limited time. And the iLok thingie...yeah, I had to install it, but the actual plugin activation went smoothly - you get the serial when you order it, and after installing, you just need an Internet connection to enter that code and activate it online - WITHOUT - iLok account ( I don't have one anyway). Just the serial + email address used to purchase the plugin. That's about it ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

ghettosynth wrote:Don't forget to try the arps.

The Structure library is not awesome, but is probably better than most (not all fellow pedants) sfz things. There is certainly some usable variety in there. Also, it's actually a decent tool for building sample based instruments.
The multitimbral arps are pretty awesome, yes, fun to play but perhaps not that useful for me personally. The people who designed the sounds did a great job, and I still haven't gone through the entire Xpand2 library, every time I try, I land on something that sparks a project or then I just play until it's time to hit the bed.

The sounds also have this "pro" feel, ie. they are not massive, in-your-face FX laden megahyped sounds, but stuff that actually fits in and benefits from processing with my own FX.

I did come to the conclusion that for the moment what Xpand2 offers is enough for me in the "real" sounds department, synths are my main instruments anyway. Samples are just extra spice.

ghettosynth wrote:The Structure library is not awesome, but is probably better than most (not all fellow pedants) sfz things. There is certainly some usable variety in there. Also, it's actually a decent tool for building sample based instruments.
The GUI is painfully small on newer hi-res screens

I also find it annoying that I can't open a wav file in the menu on left, it will only load patches.

I was hoping to find a replacement for ShortCircut in Structure, where I quickly could load and stack Wav samples.

Paree wrote:So even if you buy the software from AIR Music Tech, you only get it for 30 Days? And if you lose the downloaded software, do you have to re-purchase it?

Just confirming since i'm planning to buy the bundle.
You can contact us at any time to re-download or simply download any of the trial installers and sign in if using the free ilok account option :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Return to “Instruments”