Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

It seems that one may be far easier than the other - putting existing samples in an existing engine versus component level circuit modelling.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:43 am They're not "incapable" of doing it, but they obviously have some sort of roadmap/prioritization going on.
I'm just crossing my fingers the JD990 will be released this year. I'm thinking of purchasing a V-Synth though since I think it's pretty unlikely we'll see that one for quite some time, especially at the pace they are going. But with the previous release of Anthology 1993, I think it's likely that the JD isn't far off..at least I hope! :hyper:

tiktok wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm Having Roland Cloud Manager installed on your computer, having access to the email address for the Roland Cloud account, and internet access are all considered part of maintaining an "active membership".

Customers who have discontinued their paid subscription and removed Roland Cloud Manager can contact Roland Cloud support to download the current version of Roland Cloud Manager.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/contact-us
I want everyone to know that Roland Cloud tech support has just refused to provide me with link to Roland Cloud manager. So looks like their words is just bullshit.
Hi Andrey.ivochkin,

A subscription is required to download Roland Cloud Manager.

Regards,

Travis

Ticket: https://rolandcloud.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/7974
I told them about tiktok's post and they just closed my ticket without answer.

rod_zero wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm Roland has the worst GUI department in the world.
Then don't sign up?

Iva wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:23 pm
tiktok wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm Having Roland Cloud Manager installed on your computer, having access to the email address for the Roland Cloud account, and internet access are all considered part of maintaining an "active membership".

Customers who have discontinued their paid subscription and removed Roland Cloud Manager can contact Roland Cloud support to download the current version of Roland Cloud Manager.

https://www.rolandcloud.com/contact-us
I want everyone to know that Roland Cloud tech support has just refused to provide me with link to Roland Cloud manager. So looks like their words is just bullshit.
Hi Andrey.ivochkin,

A subscription is required to download Roland Cloud Manager.

Regards,

Travis

Ticket: https://rolandcloud.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/7974
I told them about tiktok's post and they just closed my ticket without answer.
Maybe they figured they answered your inquiry. Prematurely.

?

Submit a new request and make it simple. Ask for the link to the required tool.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Exactly what I did. They refused to provide the link without active subscription

Do you need the Cloud Manager to run the owned plugins?

Iva wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:01 pm Exactly what I did. They refused to provide the link without active subscription
And you can’t have an active subscription without the software?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I’m not trying to put the problem on you, BTW. Just trying to be balanced. I think subscription models are horrible and abusive and this kind of service is only one example of why I think that.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Still waiting for the them to allow the Cloud and System 8 vintage monosynths to be polyphonic. There is no hardware limitation for this to happen. Would love to see a polyphonic 8 voice ProMars, SH-101, etc

Angle Loss wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:08 am Still waiting for the them to allow the Cloud and System 8 vintage monosynths to be polyphonic. There is no hardware limitation for this to happen. Would love to see a polyphonic 8 voice ProMars, SH-101, etc
Did they say they will do that? :o
If that's so - that's an unexpected move from Roland.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

That's more like wishful thinking I'd say.

I'd much rather if they made it so that voices use CPU dynamically first, before they perhaps add polyphony to their monophonics. Also IIRC not all of their monophonics allow you to change the note priority, which is daft.

Agreed. CPU use is certainly much improved since initial release, but dynamic allocation by voice would be helpful. I also don't think it's possible to switch off all voices (and therefore CPU load), when the plugin is only used for preset recall and editing with System 1/8.

I'd like to see JP-8000 next.

FYI, I’ve been in contact with Roland support, who has been in contact with Roland cloud support apparently, and it is looking likely that the Roland plugout licenses will be transferable to the cloud versions soon.

db3 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:59 amI also don't think it's possible to switch off all voices (and therefore CPU load), when the plugin is only used for preset recall and editing with System 1/8.
That should absolutely be possible.

Return to “Instruments”