Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Honestly, this whole model is a joke. Even if you succumbed to their renting method for 12 months and got yourself two pieces of decades-old equipment emulations, you'll still need to re-authorize your product through the internet every time you use it. First, you escape the rent-jail after serving 12 months. Then, you find out you are bound to your internet connection and authorization-jail for life :lol: .

Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm rent-jail
Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pm authorization-jail for life
Do you realize how esoteric, religious, and subjective your point is?

I mean, fine if you think so. No need to make this into a "It is like that, and nothing else" thing. Maybe you just forgot, as usual, to add a "in my opinion". I miss that on a lot of subjective posts on the internet.

Leaving aside that nobody forces you to subscribe anyway, so, i have no idea about what kind of "jail" you are even talking about here. First world consumerism problems.

Of course that's my opinion lol.
That's what the internet is for: spreading your opinions and hope people will react :tu:

That particular opinion has been discussed to death in this 100+ page thread and others. There's not anything new being added to the previous discussions. If you're bored and want to hear reactions to that opinion you can read the thread from scratch, or any other thread around here about any other subscription service. I can guarantee, you'll get sick of that conversation after a while and give up.

So let's talk about the new thing, which is the TB-303 plug-in. Seems pretty damn good based on the videos. I don't have another TB-303 emulation, so this will be nice to have even if I don't end up using it in a track. Fun toy to play with. I dig how they implemented the sequencer. It's the thing I never liked about the D16 machines, with their awful, a little too true to the hardware experience, sequencers.

Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pmyou'll still need to re-authorize your product through the internet every time you use it.
It's every 7 days iirc. These days many people start freaking out in about 10 minutes, without any internet, so every 7 days is maybe not quite the limitation it once was. They still work (in demo mode) without the auth.

To anyone mentioning the live scenario: If someone's got a "live gig" and fails to auth before hand then it says more about being half-arsed than the annoyances of the protection.

The only thing I don't like, about the "YOURS" thing is (apparently?) the limitation of 10 instruments.
Last edited by PAK on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anybody else having trouble with their DAW recognizing the 303? Bitwig shows it listed under errors found with plugins and won't show it in the plugin list. I ran the update to v1.01 and it the cloud manager now shows that the local version is 1.01xxxx however oddly the cloud manager still says update available for the 303 (to v1.01). I tried updating again but it's the same. I've never had an issue with any other Cloud plugin so far, but can't use the 303.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:18 pmAnybody else having trouble with their DAW recognizing the 303?
Cubase crashed on scanning the VST2 here. VST3 seems to work without issue.
I ran the update to v1.01 and it the cloud manager now shows that the local version is 1.01xxxx however oddly the cloud manager still says update available for the 303 (to v1.01). I tried updating again but it's the same. I've never had an issue with any other Cloud plugin so far, but can't use the 303.
Yes, that's what it's doing atm. I think it's a version report mismatch. Ie it's telling it the full build number rather than just 1.01, and that's confusing it, so it still thinks there's an update. However, when you update, it does install 1.01, but keeps saying you didn't update.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:05 pm That particular opinion has been discussed to death in this 100+ page thread and others. There's not anything new being added to the previous discussions. If you're bored and want to hear reactions to that opinion you can read the thread from scratch, or any other thread around here about any other subscription service. I can guarantee, you'll get sick of that conversation after a while and give up.

So let's talk about the new thing, which is the TB-303 plug-in. Seems pretty damn good based on the videos. I don't have another TB-303 emulation, so this will be nice to have even if I don't end up using it in a track. Fun toy to play with. I dig how they implemented the sequencer. It's the thing I never liked about the D16 machines, with their awful, a little too true to the hardware experience, sequencers.
Well, I didn't read the whole 110 pages of this thread and don't plan to. And like no one forced me to rent my plugins, no one forced you to get mad on my opinion, or even address it, but you found it irritating like I found the subscription plan of roland so we both replied, horray :D

As for the plugin itself, I've seen the youtube demo, it surely looks nice...personally I got trilian which is just way better (IMO ;) and contain tons of other patches so I think this new cloud product may be nice and fun, but there are many better alternatives out there for serious production, and thats pretty much true for any other product available in their cloud.

Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:52 pm Of course that's my opinion lol.
That's what the internet is for: spreading your opinions and hope people will react :tu:
Oh, so it was about "how people react". Nevermind then. Didn't know this was a trolling attempt.

PAK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:16 pm
Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:39 pmyou'll still need to re-authorize your product through the internet every time you use it.
It's every 7 days iirc. These days many people start freaking out in about 10 minutes, without any internet, so every 7 days is maybe not quite the limitation it once was. They still work (in demo mode) without the auth.

To anyone mentioning the live scenario: If someone's got a "live gig" and fails to auth before hand then it says more about being half-arsed than the annoyances of the protection.

The only thing I don't like, about the "YOURS" thing is (apparently?) the limitation of 10 instruments.
I tried that cloud once, had to re-authorize each time I used it.

Let's say it's 7 days: what if I'm on tour in different countries and doesn't have internet connectione? There are SO many things to take care of during tour...why would anyone's ability to use his equipment be dependent on such a stupid process is beyond me. What if someone is using 10 different plugins that require this once a week authorization, and each of them has a different authorization date? You can see how easily things can go wrong because of this utterly futile authorization methods.

don't tour countries that don't have internet.
cant see you doing many gigs in the middle of the sahara or at the north pole.

what if youre touring a modern country with interwebs and your lappy gets nicked?

what if youre touring and get kidnapped :o
damn you roland for not forseeing such things!!!!

i was on tour once (not playing, roadie) and rang home, my pet rabbit had died.

f**k you roland :x

Bippo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:41 pm There are SO many things to take care of during tour...why would anyone's ability to use his equipment be dependent on such a stupid process is beyond me. What if someone is using 10 different plugins that require this once a week authorization, and each of them has a different authorization date? You can see how easily things can go wrong because of this utterly futile authorization methods.
For me that is a valid argument. I don't have that issue because i'm always connected.
But a re-authorise process every 7 days is not userfriendly in my book.
So, I understand the irritation but this has been discussed ad nauseam.

Can we talk about the 303 now?

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:53 pm i was on tour once (not playing, roadie) and rang home, my pet rabbit had died.

Are you taking any prescription medication? :)

Stefken wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:57 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:53 pm i was on tour once (not playing, roadie) and rang home, my pet rabbit had died.

Are you taking any prescription medication? :)
kind of.
well, im supposed to be.
but its a detox weekend.
why?

Return to “Instruments”