Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

does XV-5080 include all SRX cards?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 pm
sinemotor wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:19 pmJust for information, this one does contain JV-1080 presets too. I just checked it. So it makes the JV plugin useless then...
That has been the case with every SRX plugin to date.

It's really dumb that Roland didn't go the Korg route and just implemented all expansions in one plugin...
... And frustrating!

The JV-1080 plugin is marketed as an XV-5080 in disguise. I believe Don Solaris went to great lengths to confirm this down to sonic details.

Haven't DL'D the XV-5080 yet but I'm preparing for a glorified SRX plugin, i.e just another bunch of waveforms we didn't have yet.

Hoping to the contrary...

95% of its presets are already in the jv1080, the rest are spread in the srx vsts and maybe 10-15 are unique for this plugin. Same shit different gui.

I don't get it, korg released the M1 plugin with 33k different presets with all its expansions for direct purchase without renting bullshit, yet roland seems to enjoy treating their customers like a crowd of diehard fans that will keep renting the same digital box of sounds in different color for years.

Personally, I own the jv1080 vst just for nostalgia, but I can't imagine myself renting 10 different vsts for eatch sound category (strings/keys/brass etc) when there are way better kontakt libraries and standalone vsts out there that are purchasable and deliver much, much better quality. That's why I canceled my subscription some weeks ago.

Shiek927 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:16 pm
Well. With all that off my chest; Any of the Roland nuts on here able to tell me - Do we now have ALL of the SRX waves in the Cloud? Very hard to tell what is what on the Cloud compared to the so-called "classic" expansions... Are there still more ROMplers to come? Also does anyone have any idea where the sampled Orchestral libraries are from?
With the SRX libraries, we've pretty much reached the end.
:dog:

Does the XV-5080 plugin contain a waveform of a low-hanging fruit hitting the bottom of a big, empty, dried up money fountain?

For phat kicks and stuff.

Echoing the same sentiment from day-one that everyone else has: that they should have made one singular JV1080 plugin with EVERYTHING on it. Every SRX card, every patch, everything just like how Korg did. Not just for convenience sake, but also because it makes mixing and matching different waveforms much easier. Because like a real JV1080, maybe you want to create a patch blending SRX World with SRX Dance? whatever the case may be, you can load up whatever cards you have and play to your heart's content. Having each one separate is needlessly redundant, even more so when they're just including all the old stuff in the newer releases anyway.

I'm not..super against this new plugin? I can't ever fully dislike 90's goodness and I'm not completely against this. I really didn't expect it because, in all honesty, I figured whatever this module might have would already be in the JV1080 plugin to begin with. As Bippo said, what's really the point if what this plugin has is already what's been previously released piecemeal in several plugins beforehand?

In any case StoneyBCN, as before: they seem determined to go through every. single. SRX library and the only ones that haven't been covered yet are two Piano libraries and one Drum library. I think it's inevitable at this point to expect those to be released next because, with as far as they've gone with doing all the others, it would be odd of them to suddenly stop now.

Either way though, I am breathing a soft sigh of relief because with the XV5080 and reaching the last of the SRX cards, Roland Cloud doesn't actually have much choice but to actually show something different for next time around. And to their credit, they only just showed three different SRX libraries all at once not that long ago, so they're trying to make up for what's otherwise been a pretty quiet year. I honestly wasn't totally expecting anything else to come out from them this year.

Hope next year will finally be the year of the JD800 and all the other keyboard synths people have been clamoring about for a long while.

My short impression of using the XV5080 plugin is awesome! Some of Roland's romplers have that signature sound with certain high frequency which I adore, but sometimes I would like to get out from that comfort zone. This could only just me, but the XV-5080 is certainly that. It kinda have a warmer sound with less of that signature, more neutral sound. Which actually can be heard from the audio demos. I'm so glad to have several characters to choose from. The other trick is to use an analog filter plugin with the JV-1080 plugin to make it closer to the real JV-1080/JV-90.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

In all fairness that's what I expect from the XV plugin as compared to the JV one. Better sound quality and a more hi-fi sound. Just like the original was.

The JV plugin was and still is marketed as having the same engine/guts as an XV-5080.

This is literally another SRX, dressed up to give the impression of being somewhat more than that.

One thing that makes the XV-5080 perform much better than the JV-1080 is MIDI timing. I guess that Roland just somehow ports the internal OS of the hardware into the software world, because the timing of the virtual JV-1080 or the SoundCanvas is as bad as with the hardware. For tight drums completely unsuitable by today's standards. The XV-5080 timing doesn't drift that much that's why I think the XV-5080 has also its right to exist beside the JV-1080 (nostalgia, anyway).

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 pm
sinemotor wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:19 pmJust for information, this one does contain JV-1080 presets too. I just checked it. So it makes the JV plugin useless then...
That has been the case with every SRX plugin to date.

It's really dumb that Roland didn't go the Korg route and just implemented all expansions in one plugin...
I think that's marketing strategy. The way they are doing things, they can announce "new" instruments every once in a while, which are nothing more than the same instrument with a different ROM :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

Of course it's marketing. Which is making it even more aggravating.

outerspacecat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:48 am One thing that makes the XV-5080 perform much better than the JV-1080 is MIDI timing. I guess that Roland just somehow ports the internal OS of the hardware into the software world, because the timing of the virtual JV-1080 or the SoundCanvas is as bad as with the hardware.
Hm, I see nothing weird with timing to received MIDI of either JV-1080 or SC plugins?

outerspacecat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:48 am One thing that makes the XV-5080 perform much better than the JV-1080 is MIDI timing. I guess that Roland just somehow ports the internal OS of the hardware into the software world, because the timing of the virtual JV-1080 or the SoundCanvas is as bad as with the hardware. For tight drums completely unsuitable by today's standards. The XV-5080 timing doesn't drift that much that's why I think the XV-5080 has also its right to exist beside the JV-1080 (nostalgia, anyway).
Indeed, I also experience this MIDI timing issue (in Ableton Live) and it's annoying. Even more than the lack of CPU optimisation...

outerspacecat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:48 am One thing that makes the XV-5080 perform much better than the JV-1080 is MIDI timing. I guess that Roland just somehow ports the internal OS of the hardware into the software world, because the timing of the virtual JV-1080 or the SoundCanvas is as bad as with the hardware. For tight drums completely unsuitable by today's standards. The XV-5080 timing doesn't drift that much that's why I think the XV-5080 has also its right to exist beside the JV-1080 (nostalgia, anyway).
Never had anything like that in any of their plugins. It's probably something in your daw.

Is this an exact 5080 emulation (exact meaning bit accurate)? The hardware 5080 can output SPDIF and Adat and its base waveforms and SRX expansion cards are 44K
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”