Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Mogular wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:50 am Has anyone received more than 2 lifetime licenses. I only ever got this offer once and it is marked as claimed in my account. I started the account in late 2017.
Yes, I have six already, and it was assumed I will got two more by the end of the current subscription period.
Fernando (FMR)

I am curious as to which ones you guys took first for the two per year they allow. Like I mentioned before, I'm thinking of getting either the D-50 or XV-5080.

Examigan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am I am curious as to which ones you guys took first for the two per year they allow. Like I mentioned before, I'm thinking of getting either the D-50 or XV-5080.
Yeah, those are two of my choices, together with the Juno-106, Jupiter-8, JX3P and the new Aira System-8 (a hell of a synth, IMO).

I am not keen of the TRs and TB (never was). Next choice will probably be one of the SRX JV-1080 expansions (because it includes the full JV-1080 too), and the System-100. Unless something better appears :wink:

What would be your SRX expansion of choice?
Fernando (FMR)

Examigan wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am I am curious as to which ones you guys took first for the two per year they allow. Like I mentioned before, I'm thinking of getting either the D-50 or XV-5080.
At first I took the Juno 106 and SH-2, but have since changed the SH-2 for the Jupiter 8. You can change them, BTW. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:25 pm
At first I took the Juno 106 and SH-2, but have since changed the SH-2 for the Jupiter 8. You can change them, BTW. ;)
i was wondering about this: there are little "buttons" next to my choices which look like DELETE icons. I'm afraid to try it, since I'm not sure it will be replaced with a new choice.

Do I just delete a current choice and it will then allow me to make a new choice?

JamminFool wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 pm
EnochLight wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:25 pm
i was wondering about this: there are little "buttons" next to my choices which look like DELETE icons. I'm afraid to try it, since I'm not sure it will be replaced with a new choice.

Do I just delete a current choice and it will then allow me to make a new choice?
Yes - but you have to have a current sub active.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I do. Thanks EnochLight.

JamminFool wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:42 pm I do. Thanks EnochLight.
No problem - enjoy!

I've got:

1. System-8 (own the hardware)
2. Juno-106
3. TR-808
4. TR-909
5. D-50
6. JX-3P

I really don't understand the appeal of the ROMplers at all IMO. I just don't get it. With Kontakt libraries, physical models, and good synths, what's the appeal of a ROMpler? Unless it's a nostalgia thing. But I digress.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pm I've got:
.../...
5. D-50

I really don't understand the appeal of the ROMplers at all IMO. I just don't get it. With Kontakt libraries, physical models, and good synths, what's the appeal of a ROMpler?
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:45 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pm I've got:
.../...
5. D-50

I really don't understand the appeal of the ROMplers at all IMO. I just don't get it. With Kontakt libraries, physical models, and good synths, what's the appeal of a ROMpler?
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Might just be me, but the D-50 feels more like a digital synth than a pure ROMpler to me. Kind of like the Korg M1. Whereas the 1080/5080/Korg Triton feel more like "hey, listen to our super real piano sounds. Listen to all our realistic clavinet. Listen to our pan flute. Listen to our lush strings. Listen to our rock bass. Make all your professional tracks using our very realistic instruments or play your entire wedding gig with just one keyboard!"

I could be way off base on this, but that's totally the impression I get using the M1/D-50 vs. the 1080/5080/Triton. The former feel like synthesis, the latter feel like they're trying to be Kontakt libraries before there was enough memory to do it well.

man, i last listened to jd990 on youtube again, why dont they release it already as VST :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pm
I've got:

1. System-8 (own the hardware)
2. Juno-106
3. TR-808
4. TR-909
5. D-50
6. JX-3P

I really don't understand the appeal of the ROMplers at all IMO. I just don't get it. With Kontakt libraries, physical models, and good synths, what's the appeal of a ROMpler? Unless it's a nostalgia thing. But I digress.
I see the appeal of some early rompler type synths. Big variety of tones, very little hard drive space. Like the Wavestation, M1, Triton etc. But overall yeah I prefer the analog synth emulations. My choices were similar:
D50
Juno-106
TR-808
TR-909
SH-101 (Content Store license but soon to be cloud version apparently)

If I did another year I'd go for the Jupiter and 303. But I don't know if I'm ok with the authorization manager enough to bother, plus it's been such a disaster so far, I don't trust them yet.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 pmI really don't understand the appeal of the ROMplers at all IMO. I just don't get it. With Kontakt libraries, physical models, and good synths, what's the appeal of a ROMpler? Unless it's a nostalgia thing. But I digress.
I used to feel the same way about romplers.

But, the thing with those ones from the late 80s early 90s, is the sounds are amazing. They don’t make them like that these days. The PCMs, etc. The best sound designers in the world were working on those sounds, and it shows. Sure, some of the sounds are cheesy. But, many of them are not, and with a little bit of tweaking, they come alive.

And, yeah, the nostalgia. If you are into the vaporwave thing, those sounds are gold.

I could care less about all these modern wobble-splat-bizz-buzz sounds with 300 LFOs and envelopes. I want some good PCM tones and some tasty layers.

I only qualified for 2 before I bailed so went for
1. System 8 (probably the most adaptable Roland synth, all those variations)
2. TB-303 (as I hadn't found a dead on 303 clone)

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”