Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
3687 posts since 6 Nov, 2009

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm

bill45 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 pm
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
Is the D50 available for purchase, or just subscription?
I think you can get it for $149.
Thanks. Will watch the site around Christmas.

KVRist
40 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am

arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm
bill45 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 pm
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
Is the D50 available for purchase, or just subscription?
I think you can get it for $149.
Thanks. Will watch the site around Christmas.
Hey, bill45! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Yes, all of our instruments are available for individual purchase. There are memberships that get you access to the different tiers of synths, then we have Lifetime Keys which are single purchase licenses that attach the instrument to your account, include all future updates, and can be signed in on up to five devices. To check out the price list, follow this link, scroll down and click on Lifetime Keys. Thanks!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/

KVRAF
8145 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:08 pm

Brian.McClelland wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm
bill45 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 pm
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
Is the D50 available for purchase, or just subscription?
I think you can get it for $149.
Thanks. Will watch the site around Christmas.
Hey, bill45! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Yes, all of our instruments are available for individual purchase. There are memberships that get you access to the different tiers of synths, then we have Lifetime Keys which are single purchase licenses that attach the instrument to your account, include all future updates, and can be signed in on up to five devices. To check out the price list, follow this link, scroll down and click on Lifetime Keys. Thanks!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/
Brian, "include all future updates" begs the question: if I have a lifetime key from one of the promotions, will I still get updates if I cancel the subscription? I'm assuming yes and that future updates aren't for people who bought lifetime keys but also covers promotional lifetime keys.

Obviously, I'm not expecting to get patch libraries, but I'd think that any updates to the plugins I have lifetime keys for would be pushed out and available to me through the Roland Cloud Manager. Or would I be stuck at the version number when I last had an active subscription? I don't think so, but figured I'd ask.

KVRist
40 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:08 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm
bill45 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 pm
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
Is the D50 available for purchase, or just subscription?
I think you can get it for $149.
Thanks. Will watch the site around Christmas.
Hey, bill45! Brian from Roland Cloud here. Yes, all of our instruments are available for individual purchase. There are memberships that get you access to the different tiers of synths, then we have Lifetime Keys which are single purchase licenses that attach the instrument to your account, include all future updates, and can be signed in on up to five devices. To check out the price list, follow this link, scroll down and click on Lifetime Keys. Thanks!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/
Brian, "include all future updates" begs the question: if I have a lifetime key from one of the promotions, will I still get updates if I cancel the subscription? I'm assuming yes and that future updates aren't for people who bought lifetime keys but also covers promotional lifetime keys.

Obviously, I'm not expecting to get patch libraries, but I'd think that any updates to the plugins I have lifetime keys for would be pushed out and available to me through the Roland Cloud Manager. Or would I be stuck at the version number when I last had an active subscription? I don't think so, but figured I'd ask.
Hey, Funkybot's Evil Twin! Yes, Lifetime Keys include all future updates. That goes for Lifetime Keys that are purchased as well as Reward Instrument Lifetime Keys. Patch libraries are usually separate, though they are sometimes available as Test Drives. Great question. Thanks!

KVRAF
8145 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:54 pm

Appreciate the answer. Thanks!

KVRist
40 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:54 pm
Appreciate the answer. Thanks!
You got it! Feel free to reach out any time. :)

KVRian
1222 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:45 am

Hi Brian, Is Zenology Pro going to get reverb? Why was it not included? If it is added in an update, will the Presets be updated to match the equivalent presets that used reverb in the original hardware (the XV-5080 presets, for example)?
Shut The F*ck Up Donny.

User avatar
KVRAF
5129 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:23 am

Agree the FX needs a shakeup. I wonder if the missing reverb is a victim of the need to be able to open Zenology patches on any of the hardware from Jupiter X down to a Roland Toaster Oven so they try and leave out the DSP heavier options?

KVRer
8 posts since 5 Feb, 2021

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:31 am

roland needs to get better..

KVRAF
2507 posts since 15 Jun, 2006

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:16 pm

I got all the D50 patches. Great stuff. My D110 Resosweep patch is not there.
I installed concerto and the Orchestra 1. I thought the installer froze.But, The installer was hidden behind
the cloud manager.
What is your favorite Cello sound in the Roland cloud. I want to play fast tempo pieces live.

KVRist
439 posts since 23 Jan, 2008 from Hamburg, Germany

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:46 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:23 am
Agree the FX needs a shakeup. I wonder if the missing reverb is a victim of the need to be able to open Zenology patches on any of the hardware from Jupiter X down to a Roland Toaster Oven so they try and leave out the DSP heavier options?
I think that the idea behind the missing reverb is that all sounds are meant to be used as a Part in a Scene on Roland's Zencore hardware synths and groove boxes. Each part has sends for reverb, delay and sometimes chorus and these effects are shared among all parts in a scene. Additionally every part has it's own MFX block.

The reverb on the hardware (I have a XM) is actually not that bad but it's very limited in features. Same for the send delay. The effects are taken from older hardware like Integra or SRV2000 and they are definitely good enough to act as icing on a synth sound. But there are no modern shimmer reverbs, modulated reverbs, pitched delays or similar effects that turn the original sound into something completely different. There is also no spring reverb. This one would be great for the classic synth emulations.

KVRAF
5573 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:00 pm

arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:11 pm
bill45 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:45 pm
arkmabat wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
Is the D50 available for purchase, or just subscription?
I think you can get it for $149.
Thanks. Will watch the site around Christmas.
I bought-in with the Pro 1-year subscription ($99) as it had a lifetime key tied to it during the month of December 2020. I chose the D-50. They may be offering that deal again, but who knows when.

KVRer
6 posts since 11 Feb, 2021

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:48 pm

D50 patches are sick!

KVRAF
6235 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:53 pm

jbananas wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:48 pm
D50 patches are sick!
Guess MMV'd.
Found it to be very disappointing.
As I can remember at the moment, Omnisphere has better and more D-50 type of sounds after a particular update.
To date, the only RCP that kind of impressed me has been the XV. Just not enough to forget having to deal with their manager thing.

KVRist
439 posts since 23 Jan, 2008 from Hamburg, Germany

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:28 am

The big difference between the D50 and Ominisphere is that the D50 is a bare bones copy of the old hardware while Omnisphere uses all features of it's modern engine. Especially the effects in the D50 have not aged well. Try to add a Juno chorus from Arturia or TAL (sorry Roland) and a modern lush reverb to the D50 and it really starts to shine.

Return to “Instruments”