Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
6399 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:13 am

i think the customership got also pretty bad... in a way of excusing itself! why excuse yourself? this here is NO Humble Bundle gaming bundle where you get fpr 10-15 bucks games costing over 100 - 300 bucks and people complain, just crazy these people are nowadays not being happy with this value but here YOU pay for amembership or lifetime keys and WE customers should be the ones thanked for not the other way around, companies feed from our money nothing else. yeah overreacting? not for me, i just could post this in a overall topic and not here specific but after reading some comments again i really dont get it. companies do what they want mostly nowadays and people just say (we dont have a choice). yeah continue and get eaten. i got Zenology already in my membership and wouldnt i have the offer to choose 2 lifetime keys per year i would already have quit this membership. this module is NO FULL jd800/990 replacement. just a bonus but nothing more. especially for this price it is laughable. now troll, flame whatever (and whatm ore words are around in the newdayz internet) i dont care and i think roland doesnt care either :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

KVRist
154 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:41 am

I have a Core membership ($29.99 a year) but hardly use RC. The JD-800/990 is my favorite digital synth of all time and "Classic Sweeper" is my favorite synth preset ever. Yes, this model expansion is not an accurate replication of the JD but it sounds like the JD to me.

But it's not clear as a Core member whether I can buy the lifetime key of a model expansion like the JD. Must I be a Pro member to use model expansions?

KVRian
593 posts since 22 Jun, 2003 from Germany

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm

A question also @Brian.McClelland

The Roland Cloud manager always install VST2 and VST3 plugins.
I would like to install and use only the VST3 plugins.
Unfortunately in the Preferences I can find nothing about this.
Is there a setting to lead the Manager to only install the VST3 plugins?

BTW I am on Windows 10
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

User avatar
KVRist
379 posts since 28 Jul, 2003 from Poland

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:27 pm

A question also @Brian.McClelland

The Roland Cloud manager always install VST2 and VST3 plugins.
I would like to install and use only the VST2 plugins.

There's no way to use Zenology I bought lifetime keys in NI Maschine... :dog:
DAW Maschine, Studio One 5 DAW Controller Maschine MK3 Midi Controller Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2 Audio Interface RME Digiface USB CPU Ryzen 9 3950X OS Win10 mod 64Bit / OSX (Hackintosh) Mojave.

User avatar
KVRAF
2390 posts since 29 Jun, 2005 from La La Land

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:37 pm

It just gets better and better! I love the Roland Cloud! Not the smoothest user experience, but I could give two craps about that. The pallette of sounds for one's perusal makes it totally worth it.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

KVRian
593 posts since 22 Jun, 2003 from Germany

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:38 am

teacue wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm
A question also @Brian.McClelland

The Roland Cloud manager always install VST2 and VST3 plugins.
I would like to install and use only the VST3 plugins.
Unfortunately in the Preferences I can find nothing about this.
Is there a setting to lead the Manager to only install the VST3 plugins?

BTW I am on Windows 10

For anyone interested here is the answer I got from Roland:
Roland Corporation wrote:Sorry, that's not possible.
A future version of Roland Cloud Manager may allow that, but for now it installs all formats.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

KVRian
586 posts since 8 May, 2006

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 am

Roman Wisniak wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:27 pm
... I would like to install and use only the VST2 plugins.

There's no way to use Zenology I bought lifetime keys in NI Maschine... :dog:
https://kushview.net/element/

User avatar
KVRist
379 posts since 28 Jul, 2003 from Poland

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:50 am

jbuonacc wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:32 am
Roman Wisniak wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:27 pm
... I would like to install and use only the VST2 plugins.

There's no way to use Zenology I bought lifetime keys in NI Maschine... :dog:
https://kushview.net/element/
Not usable in Maschine. Limited to 8 and laggish controllers.
DAW Maschine, Studio One 5 DAW Controller Maschine MK3 Midi Controller Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2 Audio Interface RME Digiface USB CPU Ryzen 9 3950X OS Win10 mod 64Bit / OSX (Hackintosh) Mojave.

KVRist
261 posts since 2 May, 2014

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am

Anyone running RC on Apple M1 & Big Sur? I know it's not officially supported, but anyone tried?

User avatar
KVRAF
5602 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:45 am

teacue wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:38 am
teacue wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm
A question also @Brian.McClelland

The Roland Cloud manager always install VST2 and VST3 plugins.
I would like to install and use only the VST3 plugins.
Unfortunately in the Preferences I can find nothing about this.
Is there a setting to lead the Manager to only install the VST3 plugins?

BTW I am on Windows 10

For anyone interested here is the answer I got from Roland:
Roland Corporation wrote:Sorry, that's not possible.
A future version of Roland Cloud Manager may allow that, but for now it installs all formats.
vst2 plugins are usually just .dll files so you should be able to remove them from your DAW’s plugin search path by moving the files or even deleting them.
Of course the next time you run a plugin update it’d probably just reinstall the dll to that path so you’d need to do it every time.

User avatar
tq
KVRian
788 posts since 23 Apr, 2003

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:32 am

raymondwave wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am
Anyone running RC on Apple M1 & Big Sur? I know it's not officially supported, but anyone tried?
Yes, I do. I just run Zenology in Logic X (native version), as I only have the minimal subscription, but I didn't run into issues (not a power user, though). The RC application seems to work as well. Sometimes, the downloads get stuck, but I don't think that's a Big Sur / Apple Silicon issue.

KVRist
154 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:18 pm

raymondwave wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:25 am
Anyone running RC on Apple M1 & Big Sur? I know it's not officially supported, but anyone tried?
I've been running Zenology on my M1 Mini without any issue for 2 weeks. My other instruments (Arturia, Korg, UVI, IKM, etc.) are working superbly on the M1 Mini.

KVRist
32 posts since 15 Mar, 2020

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:52 am

Where is the HEARTs OF SPACE factory preset in the JD800 Model Expansion?

KVRist
291 posts since 9 Apr, 2005 from Japan

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:19 am

tq wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:32 am
Yes, I do. I just run Zenology in Logic X (native version), as I only have the minimal subscription, but I didn't run into issues (not a power user, though). The RC application seems to work as well. Sometimes, the downloads get stuck, but I don't think that's a Big Sur / Apple Silicon issue.
Yeah, that’s just a Roland Cloud issue. I see the same thing on Catalina (Intel Mac) and Windows users have mentioned it as well.
Stormchild

User avatar
KVRian
629 posts since 29 Nov, 2002 from Finland

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:04 am

Spirit2020 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:52 am
Where is the HEARTs OF SPACE factory preset in the JD800 Model Expansion?
See my previous post.

Return to “Instruments”