Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
299 posts since 15 Oct, 2001 from Santa Fe, NM

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:05 am

I updated and now I get "Authorization Error - RCM Service not connected". Roland Cloud Manager says everything is fine, but the plugins in Logic Pro aren't authorized. Roland Cloud is still the worst DRM ever...

KVRist
237 posts since 30 May, 2005

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Same here. Even the instruments for which I have lifetime keys are marked as being in `Demo Mode`

Edit: A restart fixed it and everything appears to be authorised including Zenology FX

KVRist
299 posts since 15 Oct, 2001 from Santa Fe, NM

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:07 pm

Tech support was helpful. I needed to update the Cloud Manager software, but Check for Updates menu command wasn’t doing it. Continues to be a lot of hassle for my 2 plugins!

KVRist
78 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:55 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:31 pm
Pity Zenology FX can't be purchased without getting a CORE membership. Otherwise, I'd definitely get it.
Hi, Aloysius! Brian from Roland Cloud here. ZENOLOGY FX and the XV-5080 are both available in our Test Drive section, which is free to use for all Roland Account holders. The instruments in Test Drive rotate every month or so and are always free. ZENOLOGY FX will most likely be there for the rest of the year. Thanks!
Atlatnesiti wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:21 am
FotoxBr wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:11 am
Atlatnesiti wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 am
Roland has announced that all their AU plugins are now Apple M1 Silicon native.
I can't see any updates to M1 in Roland Cloud Manager, am I missing something?
I think it will be released in phases. Their cloud servers were never their strongest point :-)
Well, Roland website says that they are released already and yet I can’t see any updates.
Are there different procedures to download/update for M1 instruments than Roland cloud?
Hi, Atlatnesiti! The instruments have been made available for update in the library section of Roland Cloud Manager. In the top row, find Status, and click Updateable to view products available for update. In the case that you aren't seeing the instruments, we always recommend updating to the most recent version, which is RCM 2.5.14, for the best performance. We are always available to assist through the Contact Support feature in the lower left menu if you ever need assistance, and we're always happy help. Thanks!

User avatar
KVRAF
7548 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:34 pm

Brian.McClelland wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:55 pm
Brian from Roland Cloud here
Can you please ask Roland why they haven't included any reverbs in either the Zenology instruments or the Zenology FX?
It's a pretty daft oversight.

User avatar
KVRAF
34078 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from another dimension

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:55 pm

Thanks Brian.McClelland. I've no interest in subscriptions. No point in demoing.
Hi-de-Hi!

User avatar
KVRist
46 posts since 25 Sep, 2013

Post Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:44 pm

Still waiting for Roland to release the JP-8000 as a plugin :)

Korg releasing the Prophecy this week was a great surprise and one of the synths I've always wanted as a plugin. The JP-8000 is another synth from that era that would be so cool to have as a plugin.

KVRian
1366 posts since 16 Apr, 2004

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:40 pm

New version of RCM (2.5.15) fixes the tiny resolution on my Surface. My eyes thank you, Roland!

KVRist
261 posts since 3 Apr, 2018

Post Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:36 am

Hi Brian,
Just installed the latest version of RCM 2.5.15 and all the latest updates to Apple M1 silicon showed up 😀
Strange though that my previous installed version of RCM didn’t recognise that there is newer one available and I had to manually download and install it from Roland Cloud website… 😏

KVRist
205 posts since 4 Jun, 2020 from USA

Post Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:57 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:34 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:55 pm
Brian from Roland Cloud here
Can you please ask Roland why they haven't included any reverbs in either the Zenology instruments or the Zenology FX?
It's a pretty daft oversight.
It’s hard to understand why Zenology (FX) offers no reverbs.

KVRist
487 posts since 18 Nov, 2010

Post Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:17 pm

just felt it was important that a bunch of random strangers know that I don't care for this product.

and that's what I feel right there



:D

User avatar
KVRAF
1752 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm

Hi,

Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10). I don't want to mess around with the Windows 10 Registry, is there an easy way to do this ?

The Roland Cloud Manager installed the sample content on my C: drive, I guess it is the default setting, it didn't ask me where I want to place the samples, (I think this should be improved by Roland), so one can select the desired destination drive during the installation.

Any feedback/help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

KVRAF
5959 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:38 am

Muziksculp wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10).
I don't think there is any way to do that, but at least it doesn't take up very much space.
Last edited by Examigan on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
1752 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:05 am

Examigan wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:38 am
Muziksculp wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10).
I don't there is any way to do that, but at least it doesn't take up very much space.
That's odd.

I wonder if un-installing an instrument that uses samples, via RCM will also remove its sample content ? i.e. Un-installing the XV-5080 via RCM.

KVRist
78 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Aloysius wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:55 pm
Thanks Brian.McClelland. I've no interest in subscriptions. No point in demoing.
Hey, Aloysius! We also have single purchase license options available for each instrument in the Roland Cloud Collection, called Lifetime Keys. Lifetime Keys are always attached to your account, include all future updates of the instruments, and can be signed in on up to five devices. It's a good option if you want one or more instruments, but don't want to do a full membership. Thanks!
Muziksculp wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Hi,

Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10). I don't want to mess around with the Windows 10 Registry, is there an easy way to do this ?

The Roland Cloud Manager installed the sample content on my C: drive, I guess it is the default setting, it didn't ask me where I want to place the samples, (I think this should be improved by Roland), so one can select the desired destination drive during the installation.

Any feedback/help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi, Muziksculp! Brian from Roland Cloud here. We recommend keeping files on the home drive whenever possible as moving files around can lead to disruptions. For assistance, please feel free to Contact Support through the lower left menu in Roland Cloud Manager, and we'll take care of you. Thanks!
Atlatnesiti wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:36 am
Hi Brian,
Just installed the latest version of RCM 2.5.15 and all the latest updates to Apple M1 silicon showed up 😀
Strange though that my previous installed version of RCM didn’t recognise that there is newer one available and I had to manually download and install it from Roland Cloud website… 😏
Hi, Atlatnesiti! This happens from time to time. We always have the most current version of Roland Cloud Manager hosted on http://www.rolandcloud.com/ so feel free to update from there if you have any issues from within RCM. Thanks!
joeyluck wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:44 pm
Still waiting for Roland to release the JP-8000 as a plugin :)

Korg releasing the Prophecy this week was a great surprise and one of the synths I've always wanted as a plugin. The JP-8000 is another synth from that era that would be so cool to have as a plugin.
Hey, joeyluck! I've got your name on the list requesting the JP-8000 as a new instrument. We compile this input for our weekly request report and send to the proper teams. Thanks for letting us know!
JamminFool wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:40 pm
New version of RCM (2.5.15) fixes the tiny resolution on my Surface. My eyes thank you, Roland!
Hey, JamminFool. Awesome! I'm glad that issue has been resolved. Thanks for letting me know it's back to normal. Much appreciated.

Return to “Instruments”