Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Roland Fog
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm having an authorization problem for the first time since I started to use RC in Feb this year. I'm using M1 Mac. Is there a server issue?

... and meanwhile, the manager is once again refusing to even start for me...

(PC Win10)

It just worked OK for me here when I tried it.

Windows 10 PC

Rebooted my Mac and now RC works...

M1 Mac

BBFG# wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:11 am ... and meanwhile, the manager is once again refusing to even start for me...

(PC Win10)
Tried again with same result, which was no result...
Went to website to download RCM and was met with a message I would have to sign in from my PC. Did that, finally got the link to download to show up, and then tried to run it. Got another message to quit all programs and uninstall the previous version. Did that, instructed to again to sign in to the web via PC browser and then it finally installed. And it opens now. Seems they had a problem when having to meet themselves head on. Yet still not seeing anything worth the time this takes.

You should get an email soon. Heh.

I was thinking of getting the System-8 plugin. I demoed it and it sounds good, but was wondering how it compares to the hardware synth. Anyone have it (or both) that can chime in? I wish it had more than one LFO, more than 8 voices, and I noticed it doesn't have upper and lower parts like the hardware synth.

I don’t have the hardware. The upper and lower can be aped by using two instances on 2 different DAW tracks, not sure how you’d do it if you wanted standalone.
The only thing really missing is the sequencer.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Roland Cloud Manager is total sh!t. It's the absolute worst. I could hardly use my Roland Cloud subscription because I kept getting a "you are not connected to RCM" message. This is NOT the future of copy protection (or software licensing for that matter). I cancelled my Premium subscription.
Last edited by Gadget Fiend on Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

I wonder what synth they will release next?

Examigan wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:24 am I was thinking of getting the System-8 plugin. I demoed it and it sounds good, but was wondering how it compares to the hardware synth. Anyone have it (or both) that can chime in? I wish it had more than one LFO, more than 8 voices, and I noticed it doesn't have upper and lower parts like the hardware synth.
I've got both. They sound identical. The software is a port of the hardware so it should. Just with fewer digital converters in the signal.

XpanderDude wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:29 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am I just got emailed by Roland Cloud’s “Manager of Customer Success”.
Nice to know some people can still afford cocaine.
Roland is trolling us. That sounds right out of:

https://www.bullshitjob.com/title/
Oh, but that job title is quite real... 'customer support' sounded boring, so Silly Valley had to invent a new name to make people feel better I guess. (Every Silly Valley startup will have one of those 'success' people...)

And if by 'success' they mean randomly failing to authorise my plugins making me give up on the session, then yes, it's a 'success'. Goddamn RCM. This relationship is really not working. How much am I paying for this Ultimate subscription again?

fix3r wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:17 am And if by 'success' they mean randomly failing to authorise my plugins making me give up on the session, then yes, it's a 'success'. Goddamn RCM. This relationship is really not working. How much am I paying for this Ultimate subscription again?
Give up, you don't need a Roland Cloud subscription. You can get all the ROMpler sounds you need by purchasing the Korg Triton Ultimate plugin. And for modelled synths, get the Arturia Collection V8 at a "black friday" price. That's an investment that will last you years.

F$ck Roland and their Orwellian copy protection scheme.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

I don't understand why people are still hanging around here to shit post. We get it, you don't like it. Move on.
And no I don't have to read it. I have you all on foe, but every time you post it bumps the thread so I think it's something worth reading when it's just the same gripes a million times.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”