Who's getting the new Wave Alchemy Revolution Drum machine?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Revolution Revolution-606

Echoes in the Attic wrote:What about having a separate module for every type of instrument rather than every individual instrument? E.g. A kick module, a snare module, Tom module etc.? Usually a user knows the type of drum they want in a specific place so just being able to switch those while maintaining settings would be good. And maybe help the ram.

Also, does purging help?
I like this idea! I had the previous Revolution and sometimes I just wanted to add a 808 hihat shaker and the plugin would cripple my system haha

Echoes in the Attic wrote:What about having a separate module for every type of instrument rather than every individual instrument? E.g. A kick module, a snare module, Tom module etc.? Usually a user knows the type of drum they want in a specific place so just being able to switch those while maintaining settings would be good. And maybe help the ram.

Also, does purging help?
What do the developers think of this idea? The single module is a little heavy right now to use much I think. But the above seems like it would drastically reduce ram while still allowing us to swap a type of drum, like a kick, between multiple kits while keeping effects.

The one thing that is holding me back from buying Revolution is the fact that you are limited to how it is configured with 2 bassdrum, 2 snare drum, 3 tom, 3 hihat, 2 cymbal and 2 percussion modules.

An example of how I like to work:- load up a tom, tweak it, add fx and come up with a nice percussive sound. Load another tom, tweak it, add fx and come up with a nice percussive sound that works well with the previously edited tom. Load another two toms:- one a high tom and one a low tom and get a nice rhythm going.....oops! No I can't as I am limited to 3 toms in total.

I can't use a drum plugin where I am limited to using a predetermined set of drum types. Being restricted to 2 bassdrum, 2 snare drum, 3 tom.....etc. just seems very frustring to me. Yes, I know you could load more than one Revolution or use the Revolution Modules but then other problems occur in terms of workflow. I use Reaper and using multiple Revolution Modules, I think, could turn out to be quite an inspiration killer. Plus, in a practical sense, how could I choke one Revolution Module with another Revolution Module in Reaper?
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:

Also, does purging help?
What do the developers think of this idea? The single module is a little heavy right now to use much I think. But the above seems like it would drastically reduce ram while still allowing us to swap a type of drum, like a kick, between multiple kits while keeping effects.
Not sure if the devs are following this thread but any comment on whether this might happen?

Also I'm trying to figure out which drum sounds of which machines have round robin. I didn't find a list anywhere. Seems like the effected samples don't. And some of the original machines used a single sample anyways, so those wouldn't. But is there a list of which ones do? Handy to know for which ones to use with tight repititions as it sounds less machine gunny.

Hey guys. I'm new to KVR, but saw that this appears to be the most active community for Revolution. I am having a problem I am hoping someone can help me with. When using Revolution with Maschine, I am able to use the eight knobs to manipulate the various parameters. If I then go to page 1 of the parameters and use knob 8, which is mapped to drum select, to switch to a different drum, every single drum that I select with the knob gets their respective parameters updated to match that first drum. For example, make some parameter changes to BD1, then use knob 8 to switch to PERC2. In doing so, every single drum is updated to match BD1. If I do NOT use the knob and click the interface, this does not happen and the plugin works as it should. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hysteric wrote:Hey guys. I'm new to KVR, but saw that this appears to be the most active community for Revolution. I am having a problem I am hoping someone can help me with. When using Revolution with Maschine, I am able to use the eight knobs to manipulate the various parameters. If I then go to page 1 of the parameters and use knob 8, which is mapped to drum select, to switch to a different drum, every single drum that I select with the knob gets their respective parameters updated to match that first drum. For example, make some parameter changes to BD1, then use knob 8 to switch to PERC2. In doing so, every single drum is updated to match BD1. If I do NOT use the knob and click the interface, this does not happen and the plugin works as it should. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Send their support an email. They don't seem to be checking here anymore, but they've been quick over email. Let us know what you find.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do they send the serial in a separate email?

Yay! Worked it out.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Really hope they consider a module for every instrument type. Having all instruments in a module is way too big and resource intensive.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Really hope they consider a module for every instrument type. Having all instruments in a module is way too big and resource intensive.
I love that. Gives the self contained drum machine feel. Plus being able to click through different instruments of different machines is such a time saver.

Open up a HH, scroll through the machines to find one you like, tweak, done.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Really hope they consider a module for every instrument type. Having all instruments in a module is way too big and resource intensive.
I love that. Gives the self contained drum machine feel. Plus being able to click through different instruments of different machines is such a time saver.

Open up a HH, scroll through the machines to find one you like, tweak, done.
I'm not talking about the full drum machine version, thats fine. I'm talking about the individual module version (single hit), which is meant to be used with many instances in something like maschine or Live drum racks. Having all drum types available in a module is too much, it means it uses about 1gb ram. And it's not like you'd ever need to swap out your bass drum for a hi-hat instead. And if you ever did need to do something like that you'd just switch the module (say you wanted to replace your snare with a ride cymbal). The only value of being in the same module is that you can switch the sound while keeping the settings (effects etc.) intact. You'd almost certainly only do this with the same instrument replacing it. So there should be a Kick module, a hi-hat module, etc. Who's going to use the module much when it take this much ram.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I'm not talking about the full drum machine version, thats fine. I'm talking about the individual module version (single hit), which is meant to be used with many instances in something like maschine or Live drum racks. Having all drum types available in a module is too much, it means it uses about 1gb ram. And it's not like you'd ever need to swap out your bass drum for a hi-hat instead. And if you ever did need to do something like that you'd just switch the module (say you wanted to replace your snare with a ride cymbal). The only value of being in the same module is that you can switch the sound while keeping the settings (effects etc.) intact. You'd almost certainly only do this with the same instrument replacing it. So there should be a Kick module, a hi-hat module, etc. Who's going to use the module much when it take this much ram.
Ah ok, gotcha. I've only had it 24 hours so haven't explored the other modules.

I just bought Revolution and so far I'm really liking what it can do. I like putting a groove together all under the same hood, as it were - the samples and the sound shaping tools are superb. And the sequencer is dead easy to program and understand. A really great job on Wave Alchemy's part!

I don't know if this would be possible, but it would be cool if I could copy my settings over from Revolution Drums to the relevant Revolution module. I assume this isn't currently possible, but I just wanted to put it out there as a suggestion, because it seems like a it would be a nice workflow to be able to program the whole beat + sound within one interface (Revolution Drums), then open it up to the individual modules + DAW sequencer for further editing.

Anyone else has GUI problems with Revolution (Drums)?
Using Kontakt 5.8 / 5.8.1 (also before with 5.7.x) it has a kinda laggy response to mouse clicks. Also when moving the Kontakt window it stutters. I think with 5.8 it even got a bit worse.

I have no problems with Evolution though, so seems to be a Revolution problem. I have tried batch-resave and all the other tips.

Return to “Instruments”