Bazille - most misunderstood synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

I keep seeing this selling for such low prices in the market - yet I think it's u-he's coolest synth. I do understand how the relatively low learning curve is intimidating (I used only presets exclusively for almost a year) - but it is a small learning curve. For me, it's my most creative synth - and I know it all boils down to how we individually relate to the UI and flow.
Last edited by Bodhisan on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bazille has a unique sound. I use it all the time. But I can understand how people would not be into it's sound which might add to the issue. It sounds great but the character of the sound is "sophisticated primitive" but great for my style of music. Bazille is my top 5 most used synths.

I've sold Bazille too, cause I've never found one usable sound for my tracks. It's one of u-he worst synth ever for me.

Bazille is practically the only soft-synth I use, these days. It can do cold and sterile or warm and unstable. It can do bat-shit-insane like no other synth I've encountered. It's the kind of synth I prefer to approach from an init patch, every time I use it. It's just such a joy to build sounds with. There are so many ways to shape a sound with performance controls, it's a synth that begs to be played with a MIDI controller (though I'm not much of a keyboard player myself).

I like it better than DIVA I think.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Bazille is awesome. Personally, I only have the CM version, but it's a great place to go when I'm feeling sonically creative. Being able to patch everything into anything is a ton of fun.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

For me, Bazille is the best digital synthesizer of all time. In my opinion, only the analog modular synthesizers are better.

I think it's a cool synth, so I may re-buy it once...when I found a good offer in the Sell&Buy section :)
One thing that keeps me from buying : for me Diva is far better considering the presets or the workflow.
Last edited by dune_rave on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Taurus wrote:I've sold Bazille too, cause I've never found one usable sound for my tracks. It's one of u-he worst synth ever for me.
Exhibit A. Bazille is capable of producing any "typical" and atypical sound - but many don't think so. That's a misunderstanding.

I think such a synth is not everyone's thing, just like semi- or fully modular synths. Pretty sure that there have been a lot of impulse buys, and people realized that it's not quite what they expected, or wanted from a synth. E.g. i bought ACE in a sale for 15 €, and i haven't used it once, after trying it out, when i installed it. Just not my cup of tea. :shrug: I think something like Diva would be much more my thing. And i really like Tyrell N6 too.

I must say though that modula stuff never appealed to me. Just don't get the point of having to patch things, to make it work for me, and why the functionality you add that way can't be there right out of the box. I do think that you have to be into electronics, or the deeper function of synths, to enjoy that.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodhisan wrote:
Taurus wrote:I've sold Bazille too, cause I've never found one usable sound for my tracks. It's one of u-he worst synth ever for me.
Exhibit A. Bazille is capable of producing any "typical" and atypical sound - but many don't think so. That's a misunderstanding.
The fact that RePro-1 was such a huge success, while Bazille is not, says it all about what most people want. Yes, it's a misfortune, and I don't agree (I also cherish Bazille), but it's the way it is. I am seeing several Zebras in the market too, lately :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: I am seeing several Zebras in the market too, lately :shrug:
They'll bite their own ass soon enough :evil: :clown:

I'll probably put mine there as well too.

Or maybe I'll try to exchange it for Bazille, I really like the sound of this thing but I have to admit I'm still pretty much clueless about how to program my own patches in it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
I'll probably put mine there as well too.

Or maybe I'll try to exchange it for Bazille, I really like the sound of this thing but I have to admit I'm still pretty much clueless about how to program my own patches in it.
If you need an appetizer, get Beatzille, or Bazille CM for starters. :)

Return to “Instruments”