Bazille - most misunderstood synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

What I find ironic is I'm sitting hear mindlessly twiddling melodies on Hive as I'm watching this thread without even thinking about it. It's just what I play. That is what was so unexpected about Hive for me. I was sold on it being a U-he virus...and it's anything but. It's sold as a EDM sequencer instrument, and it's a players instrument. It's sold as a cpu effient instrument, and yet the sound is addictive. It's sold as the simplest to program, and yet there are hidden parameters and behavioral elements to get used to. Bazille is right in front of you adn you know what you are getting. everything is obvious.

even ace is more difficult to get to know then Bazille.

the tutorial presets from bazille are realy helpful to get into this synth, i like bazille very much for doing my own sounds,

Dasheesh wrote:even ace is more difficult to get to know then Bazille.
And I totally agree with that. I find Bazille so much easier to understand; but I will get to know Ace, too.

Diva: I do keep a close watch on the "for sale" section, and there are more Bazilles than Diva. But my point is that Bazille seems to go for half retail price or less, and you will rarely see Diva sell for less than 30-40% off retail. For my 2012 Mac Mini, the CPU hit for those two are about the same when it comes to complexity. More so than not, I have to render a track or two to audio - and I don't know why those who complain about CPU don't do that more often.

Not sure why would ACE be more difficult to understand than Bazille. It has less modules to get to know...

EvilDragon wrote:Not sure why would ACE be more difficult to understand than Bazille. It has less modules to get to know...
It isn't they're just trying to convince themselves of something that isn't true by making up evidence that isn't true.

In addition to fewer modules, they are more straightforward and familiar to people who have used VA before.

EvilDragon wrote:Not sure why would ACE be more difficult to understand than Bazille. It has less modules to get to know...
Lol - I'm still a novice. You guys were playing the hardware and understanding it. I'm less than two years into virtual synths, and really one year into learning how to use them rather than relying on flipping painfully through patches. With Bazille, I can actually get the sound I'm looking for in my head, which is quite monumental for me. I think with Ace, I don't know...when I watch the tutorials, it all makes sense, but there's so much to remember with the different options and configurations. I feel like Bazille is easier to get an incredibly varied range of sounds with such little expertise, dare I say.

If nothing else, this thread gave me an incredible urge to open Bazille and start creating some sounds with it (I've owned it since release, but used it only occasionally). Which is what I did... and now I can't stop. Totally loving it! :phones: :D

After getting ACE recently I've been demo'ing Bazille and loving it. Now I'm trying to decide whether to buy it from JRR or wait for a really good deal in the marketplace forum...

It's the instruments that have little quirks and behavior tricks that you have to get to know. With bazille everything is front of you. I've heard some ace presets... I still don't know how they got it to do that. If you want to do something bazille it's all right there. Take A, plug into B....

EvilDragon wrote:Not sure why would ACE be more difficult to understand than Bazille.
Me neither. But then, i wouldn't know why Hive is more difficult to understand than Bazille either, so. :shrug: Hive is very straight forward. I don't think 10 % of the people approaching Bazille really knew what a "lag generator" is, e.g. Or a rectifier. Or what "Fractalize" does. I don't think anyone familiar with subtractive synthesis has a problem with figuring everything in Hive out, however. ACE isn't too difficult compared either.

chk071 wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Not sure why would ACE be more difficult to understand than Bazille.
Me neither. But then, i wouldn't know why Hive is more difficult to understand than Bazille either, so. :shrug: Hive is very straight forward. I don't think 10 % of the people approaching Bazille really knew what a "lag generator" is, e.g. Or a rectifier. Or what "Fractalize" does. I don't think anyone familiar with subtractive synthesis has a problem with figuring everything in Hive out, however. ACE isn't too difficult compared either.

Oh for crying out loud it does what it says it does.

Says where? In the manual? Well, right.

Ace does some neat shit. It has this breathy quality that some designers found hidden in it. It also does a great DX impersonation. Ace has a HUMONGOUS pallet. Half of hive is a hidden modulation. Bazille sounds like a modular... it is what it is.

chk071 wrote:Says where? In the manual? Well, right.
You're thinking about it too hard. It does what it says it does.

Return to “Instruments”