Xils-Lab PolyKB III -Official Thread- [v3.5]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyKB

Lotuzia wrote:NKS is currently on test at NI. And it seems this take a little time.
Since time is money, I would hire Jester Mgee to do the patch gathering for you, since he has perfected a script to gather all the patch names together already. Heck - he's done Omnisphere, Hybrid 3 and Xpand!2, among others! See here: http://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php ... -vst-packs

He is a regular feature and helper at the NI Komplete Kontrol forums, as is aMUSEd - definite heroes of the S-Series class! :-)

Terry

tbritton wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:NKS is currently on test at NI. And it seems this take a little time.
Since time is money, I would hire Jester Mgee to do the patch gathering for you, since he has perfected a script to gather all the patch names together already. Heck - he's done Omnisphere, Hybrid 3 and Xpand!2, among others! See here: http://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php ... -vst-packs

He is a regular feature and helper at the NI Komplete Kontrol forums, as is aMUSEd - definite heroes of the S-Series class! :-)

Terry
Why not. But NKS is not only about presets. anyway, atm it's in NIs hands. And to aMused, well, the porting of a synth to a format like NKS is always done at a moment of it's life. In an ideal world, the synth should be 101% ready when it's done, I agree. Anyway, if the host patch name report can be done simultaneously with the NKS format release, it will be done.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Version 3.0.3 (Beta) has been released.

* NKS Compatible. ( Though still strictly speaking beeing tested at NI)
* 29 new presets. (So that the total number of new factory presets made exclusively for the PolyKB III now exceeds 60)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Not sure if this has already been reported but I noticed this immediately in PolyKB II.5. When opening the bigger sequencer and zooming in half of the background pattern is missing.
No signature here!

exmatproton wrote:
audiosabre wrote:Upgraded. I still contend that the GUI would look better flat. However; the sound. This has to be one of the most authentic & inspiring VAs out there.
+1. Instead of being able to see what one is doing on the synth itself, one has to read labels. Which is about the only negative point i can find about this synth. What an awesome sounding beast! Lovely
Those waveform labels could use some help, but xils could "paint" hieroglyphics on all the labels and hide them in shadows and I wouldn't care at this point. Every patch I make I end up noodling for an hour just smiling at the sound.

Seriously don't gush much, but if this were hardware I'd sell my car for it. Can't even make it sound bad trying. :tu:

JoeCat wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
audiosabre wrote:Upgraded. I still contend that the GUI would look better flat. However; the sound. This has to be one of the most authentic & inspiring VAs out there.
+1. Instead of being able to see what one is doing on the synth itself, one has to read labels. Which is about the only negative point i can find about this synth. What an awesome sounding beast! Lovely
Those waveform labels could use some help, but xils could "paint" hieroglyphics on all the labels and hide them in shadows and I wouldn't care at this point. Every patch I make I end up noodling for an hour just smiling at the sound.

Seriously don't gush much, but if this were hardware I'd sell my car for it. Can't even make it sound bad trying. :tu:
That is why i wrote "...the only negative point i can find...". This thing sounds amazing!

Any update on this? I really want to be able to import patches into Kore but can't until I can map the filter type otherwise I'll have to do it all again.

Hm btw yes, found that filter type switch not automatable in v2 too. Ofcourse would be good for add.

JoeCat wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
audiosabre wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Even the "init" patch sounds pretty good, which is kind of weird when you think about it. I don't think I've ever found an initialized sound to be pleasant.

aMUSEd wrote:Any update on this? I really want to be able to import patches into Kore but can't until I can map the filter type otherwise I'll have to do it all again.
Yes, please. Filter type should be mappable. Only reason why I haven't allready bought it.
Make the modulation sources/destinations mappable, too.
Nowadays I prefer buying synths that I can tweak 100% from Push (Sylenth1 is still the best here, Arcsyn and Spire are pretty good, too).

Cheers!

Computer Music also award PolyKB III 9 out of 10 in issue 242 :)

Just a note to point out that though the current stable version is listed on the website as 3.0.3, the "Options/About" dialog still says it is at version 3.0.20, which I've had since March. Not sure which number is actually higher, in version-numbering terms! Only noticed because KVR announced the version update only TODAY! (June 8!) :-)

Terry

3.0.3 has been out since January.

thejonsolo wrote:3.0.3 has been out since January.
Exactly! I don't know what's up with KVR's only just telling me about it now, six months later. :roll:

Terry

Anyone have an issue with PolyKB III 3.0.4 on Windows 10? When I load the plugin I get no sound in any of my DAWs (Repaer, Live 9, Live 10) but PolyKB II and Xils4 which I own too work fine. If I change a preset I hear the sound of it for a second and then goes quiet. Can't figure out whats up. I am on Windows 10

Return to “Instruments”