MOK Waverazor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waverazor

I don't know. While this seems more complete, it also really doesn't seem like something I want to bother with. Instead of struggling to build an interface that gives you access to 12,000 parameters, they should have designed a synth that doesn't need 12,000 parameters.

I stopped watching the video when I heard him say you could assign 128 LFOs.

foosnark wrote:I don't know. While this seems more complete, it also really doesn't seem like something I want to bother with. Instead of struggling to build an interface that gives you access to 12,000 parameters, they should have designed a synth that doesn't need 12,000 parameters.

I stopped watching the video when I heard him say you could assign 128 LFOs.
I just interpreted that as the usual pre-sales hyperbole. You can assign hundreds of LFOs in the Gforce/Ohmforce instruments – it doesn't mean you have to. The interface didn't seem that overwhelming, though I suspect they've been struggling with the problem that their waveform-stitching oscillator often doesn't lead to dazzling results. I was intrigued by the multi-sync idea – and having it applied to partial cycles once you gain proper access to it. Though, as with the waveform-stitching it may just disintegrate into noise nine times out ten and not really do much that's fundamentally different from a synth like Curve or Wiggle.

Gamma-UT wrote:I just interpreted that as the usual pre-sales hyperbole..
Yeah I interpreted it as sales shenanigans too: imagine it's something like each waveform can be split to 16 sub-pieces each of which has it's own parameters, then these pieces can all be routed into their own filters. So like a multiplicative thing in the same was you could probably say Zebra has hundreds of thousands of parameters due to its modular nature

I have to agree with foosnark... In its current state this editor does not seem so much different from the spreadsheet discussed in the video! But at this point it seems like a fundamental design choice, one that would be hard to go back on without breaking all existing patches.

Did they ever make this thing editable? I'd buy it if it was you know, like a programmable synthesizer, and not a preset player based on their synth engine.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Did they ever make this thing editable? I'd buy it if it was you know, like a programmable synthesizer, and not a preset player based on their synth engine.
Did you ever try to read a few posts back?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I’m looking forward to the update, I like waverazor quite a lot. Although I’m mostly interested in non-conventional sounds.

starflakeprj wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:Did they ever make this thing editable? I'd buy it if it was you know, like a programmable synthesizer, and not a preset player based on their synth engine.
Did you ever try to read a few posts back?
I did after I posted. I saw the NAMM video of the guy showing the editor. It's pretty spiffy and all. They seem to have over complicated things a bit with the weird release schedule. I've done some fine experimenting with bizarre composite waveforms in various modular environments and it can do some really interesting stuff. Might grab it some time.

Oh. So it's not out. They just showed it to someone at NAMM. Damn..... I guess I'll check back in another year.

WAVERAZOR 2.0 EDITOR VERSION
COMING SOON

Hello Waverazor friends,

We are still working hard to release the Waverazor 2.0 Editor version in March. It is our plan to have a release candidate by next Wednesday, and if all goes well with final testing, we’ll get it out to you next Friday.

Thanks so much for your patience with us. We are looking forward to this release as much as you are, and can’t wait to hear all the new sounds you create with the full Waverazor engine at your fingertips!

Wishing you all a lot of sonic fun,
Taiho, Rob, Chris

Waverazor V2.0 is here !!
and the price is back to 159 $...
https://youtu.be/Y9QMJswcl0s

Awesome! :tu:

The editor is a long, long way from being intuitive although I didn't have to spend too long in the manual to work out how to get to things. It does look like a steep learning curve, but the editor makes the synth a whole lot more usable, not least because it's now possible to get at the performance controls for assigning mod wheel and aftertouch.

It also makes sense of what the lefthand XY pad is doing - cycling through the available wave segments. Unfortunately, it was a sound-design decision that doesn't make a lot of sense. You get more useful results by assigning things like phase or level so that the slightest change in XY position doesn't collapse into noise.

Navigating the editor is a bit of an experience but I think I'm beginning to make sense of its internal logic. The context sensitivity thing isn't all that helpful. And it would really help to be able to rightclick on a control to see what's modulating it or to have some icon that shows whether a control is being modulated.

And a full Init preset.

It's pretty busy, but seems straight forward to me. There's a lot going on
and a ton of stuff to do :D

I think many will find that it looks more intimidating that it actually is.
Definitely helpful to tone down the theme when trying to keep it all
sorted.

Great stuff! IMHO... :tu:

The core functions are easy to get to. It's when you start adding or changing modulators that the headscratching starts. See if you can guess where the channel pressure input is.

Return to “Instruments”