Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

kv331 wrote:So far we received about 200 factory presets from Aiyn Zahev, Vorpal Sound, Xenos Soundworks and Nori Ubukata. We are expecting another 200 from Arksun, Rob Lee, Bluffmunkey and Ufuk Kevser. Gercek (Dorman) and I will also contribute 100 presets.

Here's the current playlist on SoundCloud:
BB
Really impressed. Very solid sounds.
<List your stupid gear here>

For me the #1 missing feature in Synthmaster is a simple straightforward way to assign vibrato to the mod wheel. As far as I can see, this has not been addressed in this new "easy" or "lite" version.

What I'd like to see is a simple button or object that says "mod wheel" and fields where you can type in LFO pitch rate and depth, similar to how they have a simple field where you can type in Pitch Bend range.

This raises another question which has bothered me ever since I first bought the app. I have never been able to figure out how to do this in Synthmaster, but I'm sure there must be a way. I spend quite some time trying to figure this out based on the PDF manual, I even sent an email to KV311 Audio asking how, but it went unanswered. So I thought I'd ask here:

How do you do it? Can someone post, step-by-step instructions on how you assign vibrato (LFO pitch) to the mod wheel and adjust its rate and depth in Synthmaster? Does anyone know how to do this?

Thx,
Babz

Babz wrote:
How do you do it? Can someone post, step-by-step instructions on how you assign vibrato (LFO pitch) to the mod wheel and adjust its rate and depth in Synthmaster? Does anyone know how to do this?

Thx,
Babz
It's NOT missing in SynthMaster or SynthMaster One. you just have to create some mod matrix entries. We have many factory presets that use mod wheel to modulate pitch of oscillators. And we explain in the user manual how you can create modulations.

For SynthMaster:

You should use an LFO (Voice LFO 1/2 or Synth LFO 1/2/3/4) to modulate fine tune of Osc1 & Osc 2.

So the modulation assignments would be (I'm gonna use Voice LFO1, and it is Bipolar)

1. Voice LFO 1 (+) modulates Osc 1 Fine Tune
2. Voice LFO 1 (+) modulates Osc 2 Fine Tune
... (if any modulators are in use assign LFO1 to the fine tune of those as well)
3. Mod Wheel (x) modulates LFO1 volume

For SynthMaster One:

1. Mod Wheel (x) modulates Vibrato LFO volume
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Looks great. I do love the sound of Synthmaster but I never found the UI very intuitive. This seems to solve all issues I had! Will be crossgrading ;)

I remember seeing a nice black and white skin - is this still an option?

andymcbain wrote:Looks great. I do love the sound of Synthmaster but I never found the UI very intuitive. This seems to solve all issues I had! Will be crossgrading ;)

I remember seeing a nice black and white skin - is this still an option?
If you mean the prototype, yes that'll be included as well!

We'll also have a skin done by VogerDesign.
Works at KV331 Audio

How goes it with Sierra and Logic 10.3. yet?
If i understand it right, Synthmaster One can load also .tun files?
I want it!

Cinebient wrote:How goes it with Sierra and Logic 10.3. yet?
If i understand it right, Synthmaster One can load also .tun files?
I want it!
We're looking into the Sierra issue.

.scl files, yes!

Place them under Documents/SynthMasterOne/Scales folder
Works at KV331 Audio

Welp, I was excited. Turns out it's slightly too big for my screen. Oh the woes of a laptop user. At least regular Synthmaster still fits (and hopefully still will after the 3.0 upgrade).

Also, I notice that on the Delay EQ section, the numbers for negative decibels get cut off in the regular size skin. Not an issue on the prototype 150 skin, and the 200 skin is too big for me to check lol.

Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Hive with wavetables and more 'fixed' waves. Sounds like Synthmaster though.
1080P: Original skin is a bit too small, 150 is too big (130 should be great)

Please, a skin without keyboard on screen.

waltercruz wrote:Please, a skin without keyboard on screen.
+1000
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thanks your for quick reply, Bulent!
kv331 wrote:
Babz wrote:

Thx,
Babz
It's NOT missing in SynthMaster or SynthMaster One. you just have to create some mod matrix entries. We have many factory presets that use mod wheel to modulate pitch of oscillators. And we explain in the user manual how you can create modulations.
I did not say a way to add mod wheel vibrato was missing. Obviously, there must be a way, since some presets have it. What I what I said was an EASY ("simple and straightforward") way is missing -- at least from Synthmaster. Hopefully, the process is more streamlined in Synthmaster One.

And the user manual at best, *hints* at how it might be done. Your instructions below pretty much prove my point. It looks like many steps are involved. An EASY method would involved very few steps and take only a couple of seconds. An EASY method would be obvious and not require hours of studying the manual. But, soldiering on....
kv331 wrote:

For SynthMaster:

You should use an LFO (Voice LFO 1/2 or Synth LFO 1/2/3/4) to modulate fine tune of Osc1 & Osc 2.

So the modulation assignments would be (I'm gonna use Voice LFO1, and it is Bipolar)

1. Voice LFO 1 (+) modulates Osc 1 Fine Tune
2. Voice LFO 1 (+) modulates Osc 2 Fine Tune
... (if any modulators are in use assign LFO1 to the fine tune of those as well)
3. Mod Wheel (x) modulates LFO1 volume
I'm sorry, but after reading this over and over, and consulting the manual, I still cannot make any sense of this. Here is what I tried:

1. I initialized a new preset (New->Reset Preset). This gives me a simple patch which is just one Sawtooth oscillator, one layer.

2. With the "LAYER 1" and "Osc: 01" buttons clicked, I go to the "Fine Tune" knob at the bottom of the screen. I right-click and choose: Modulation 1 Source 1 -> LFOs -> LFO 1. This causes a Matrix entry to appear in the list that says "Source: LFO 1". And now the Sawtooth is slowly wavering in pitch.

Now, how do I get Mod Wheel to control it, and how do I change the rate?

If I right-click on Fine Tune again, and then choose Modulation 1 Source 1 -> MIDI -> CC01-ModWheel, the Matrix changes so that it now says "CC01-ModWheel" (where it previously said "LFO 1). That's not the answer. Start over. Repeat step 2.

But, wait! This time, by accident I somehow discover that if (after adding LFO 1 to the Matrix) I then go back and single click on Fine Tune, suddenly a field below appears which says "Via"

NOW, I can right-click there and choose CC001-ModWheel.

Well, what do you know! I seem to have LFO 1 pitch modulation that can be turned on and off via Mod Wheel. But how do I adjust the rate????

One would think, you click on the LFO button, and under LFO 1, move the Speed knob. Unfortunately, this THIS DOES NOTHING!

I looks like I'm almost there... Can you just tell me how I adjust the LFO rate (speed) at this point?

I'm really hoping this is all simplified in Synthmaster One. That alone would be worth the upgrade price.

Thanks for your help.

Babz

The screen shot of Synthmaster One above has a section at the bottom that says "Vibrato". Alas, the screen cuts off right there! Arghhhh! Can someone post a shot which shows what those 4 knobs say?

Also, if one right-clicks on one of those knobs and then moves a MIDI controller, would one then have mod wheel control of vibrato? Fingers-crossed that it works this way? That would be what I'm hoping for. Right-click, move Mod Wheel, done.

Optimistically yours,
Babz

Babz wrote:Can someone post a shot which shows what those 4 knobs say?
Page 2 of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=477780&start=15#p6685489
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

AJYoung wrote:
Babz wrote:Can someone post a shot which shows what those 4 knobs say?
Page 2 of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=477780&start=15#p6685489
Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”