Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
omac
KVRist
155 posts since 13 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 am

Pardon my butting in. I promise this is not a smartass answer. If there was a waveform needed in that master folder I would copy the smallest .wav file I had, place it in the master folder and rename it "NeedsToBeHere.wav"
Yes. I know it's not an elegant solution, but when I wrote computer programs sometimes I wound up with errors caused by zero length files and non-existent folders that could be solved by just creating the file and checking for it during program operation. The best solution is, of course, that Synthmaster code be amended.

kv331
KVRAF
5578 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Re: Synthmaster One?

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:29 am

arrowhead samples wrote:
So...Waveforms > Architectural Waveforms > Classic Saw (folder with wav samples) ...etc..

Currently this results in no waveforms showing up

Waveforms > Classic Saw (folder with wav samples)

This works just fine but will become an organisational nightmare once I start adding more.
no problemo, I am increasing the nest level by one :hihi:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

arrowhead samples
KVRist
32 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:18 am

Cheers dude! :tu:

arrowhead samples
KVRist

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:58 am

omac wrote:Pardon my butting in. I promise this is not a smartass answer. If there was a waveform needed in that master folder I would copy the smallest .wav file I had, place it in the master folder and rename it "NeedsToBeHere.wav"
Yes. I know it's not an elegant solution, but when I wrote computer programs sometimes I wound up with errors caused by zero length files and non-existent folders that could be solved by just creating the file and checking for it during program operation. The best solution is, of course, that Synthmaster code be amended.
Feel free to butt in, but I think the problem was in explaining myself, but thanks for the input. The solution is being implemented so me and my OCD are really happy about that.

kv331
KVRAF

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:25 pm

BTW, if you manually copy the folders/subfolders/etc to my documents/synthmasterone/waveforms they will be recognized with the correct hierarchy.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

arrowhead samples
KVRist

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:01 pm

I think that is what I initially did, but I tried again and in every way different way of copying but when reloading Synthmaster One there is no 'My Waveforms' present in the Waveforms menu.

I've tried rebooting the DAW and still no luck.

A picture paints a thousand words..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kv331
KVRAF

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:21 pm

try deleting documents/synthmasterone/config/synthmasteroneconfig.txt, that might help.
Works at KV331 Audio

arrowhead samples
KVRist

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Shut down the DAW, deleted the config file..but it's the same deal, no 'My Waveforms' showing up..

D Midas
KVRist
136 posts since 30 Jan, 2011 from Canada

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:57 pm

I just bought from jrr shop for 13.50$ As a cross grade from synthmaster

Insane deal, I saw a Thread in here about best value for money........ this has to be top of the list...... sounds fantastic .... presets are very good...... , I own wayyyyyy too many synths but can't think of a better bargain
I'm Kinda a big Deal

ATS
KVRAF
6218 posts since 21 Dec, 2002 from MD USA

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 pm

D Midas wrote:I just bought from jrr shop for 13.50$ As a cross grade from synthmaster

Insane deal, I saw a Thread in here about best value for money........ this has to be top of the list...... sounds fantastic .... presets are very good...... , I own wayyyyyy too many synths but can't think of a better bargain

I did the same thing. Very happy with it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso

D Midas
KVRist
136 posts since 30 Jan, 2011 from Canada

Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:14 pm

Definition of a no brainer
I'm Kinda a big Deal

atya
KVRist
268 posts since 17 Sep, 2014 from LPGC

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:48 am

I have no idea what rides Bülent to give this great and awesome sounding synth away for almost free but that's his business.

Something I'd really like to see implemented would be an option to add our own attributes (style, instruments, ...) or ratings ... I'm slowly losing track :ud:

Another thing I miss is the name of the actual waveforms/-tables that have been loaded into any of the OSCs, especially if you've loaded a preset and have no clue what waveforms are being used. As there are so many of them and there's not much space left on the GUI I wonder if the waveform-/table menu couldn't automatically default to or highlight the name of the waveform that's being played at the moment once you click on either of the waveform windows.

braj
KVRAF
9094 posts since 5 Feb, 2004

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:02 am

atya wrote:I have no idea what rides Bülent to give this great and awesome sounding synth away for almost free but that's his business.

Something I'd really like to see implemented would be an option to add our own attributes (style, instruments, ...) or ratings ... I'm slowly losing track :ud:

Another thing I miss is the name of the actual waveforms/-tables that have been loaded into any of the OSCs, especially if you've loaded a preset and have no clue what waveforms are being used. As there are so many of them and there's not much space left on the GUI I wonder if the waveform-/table menu couldn't automatically default to or highlight the name of the waveform that's being played at the moment once you click on either of the waveform windows.
+1 to all of that.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

kv331
KVRAF

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:44 am

braj wrote:
atya wrote:I have no idea what rides Bülent to give this great and awesome sounding synth away for almost free but that's his business.

+1 to all of that.
Guys, those are in my mind as well. Will sort them out soon.

Rating presets is trickly though. I guess it would make more sense if the ratings are collected on the server and a common "rating" is calculated for each preset ?
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

atya
KVRist
268 posts since 17 Sep, 2014 from LPGC

Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:47 am

kv331 wrote:
Guys, those are in my mind as well. Will sort them out soon.
:tu: :party:

Return to “Instruments”