Synthmaster One?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
fmr
KVRAF
8410 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:34 am

Bodhisan wrote:
fmr wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:...still unable to unzip the Mac version as stated on first page of thread.
What message do you get?
Not at home now - but something to the effect of "unable to open files." When I tried with another unzipper, the error said that there may be a corrupt file...
Try to use a different browser. This message usually has to do with files not correctly downloaded.
Fernando (FMR)

Bodhisan
KVRian
505 posts since 7 Aug, 2015 from H2O

Re: Synthmaster One?

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 am

I'll do that - thank you. :)

quantum7
KVRian
903 posts since 31 Dec, 2006 from the hills above beautiful Boise, Idaho

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:14 am

Any new presets with Synthmaster One?

robotmonkey
KVRAF
2113 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:25 am

Well, it was a legit suggestion. It's true. :hihi:
No signature here!

Ingonator
KVRAF
12043 posts since 21 Mar, 2008 from Hannover, Germany

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Just started checking teh demo of Synthmster One and this seems to be really nice even if you alraedy got the full Synthmaster 2.8 plugin.

Sometimes having a more limited synth could be nice while Synthmaster One is is still quite verstaile and powerful.

The upgrade price for existing Synthmaster users that was m,entioend here seems to be quite a no brainer.

Concerning wavetables while in Synthmaster 2.8 you could create your own wavetables from 16 waveforms "on the fly" the predefined wavetables in Synthmaster One seem to be nice too and the amount looks OK too, especially for a first release.

Am am indeed really interested to use this beides the "full" Synthmaster 2.8 and looking forward to synthmaster 3 too.

As a skin for Synthmaster One i currently use that from Satyatunes. Maybe this should be the default one...
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
notebook: HP Omen 15.6" / Win 10 Home 64-bit / i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (internal) // audio: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen)
DAWs: Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 // controller: Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

garryknight
KVRian
1132 posts since 6 Jan, 2015 from London, England

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

[Deleted]

I posted a link to the NAMM video thinking it hadn't been posted yet, then found it on page 1. Oops :dog:

Anyway, I'm enjoying playing with the beta and looking forward to February.

Examigan
KVRAF
4609 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Ingonator wrote: As a skin for Synthmaster One i currently use that from Satyatunes. Maybe this should be the default one...
+1

BlackWinny
KVRAF
3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm not yet user of Synthmaster One, of course, but being an intensive user of her parent Synthmaster... Bülent you can already consider me as a future buyer of her daughter.

Even loving to make my own presets, I love to see how some professional sound designers make the presets they sell, because studying how they did this or that is a very great school... and if there are some professional designers that I would absolutely love to see create presets for Synthmaster One, it is Nori Ubukata (for me he is even THE master, whatever the synth!), Frank Neumann (aka Xenox), Zak Brunel (VSP, Vintage Synth Pads), Julian Ray (for all his splendid analogue presets), Laurent Bourgeon (aka Lotuzia, owner of "Le Lotus bleu"), BigTone... and you Ingo for your awesome brasses and strings sounds.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

db3
KVRAF
1990 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Post Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:17 pm

fmr wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:
fmr wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:...still unable to unzip the Mac version as stated on first page of thread.
What message do you get?
Not at home now - but something to the effect of "unable to open files." When I tried with another unzipper, the error said that there may be a corrupt file...
Try to use a different browser. This message usually has to do with files not correctly downloaded.
Mac installer zip seems to be corrupt.
-dthree-

Chris-S
KVRAF
2619 posts since 10 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:47 am

4damind wrote:and there is a public beta demo version available for download (http://synthmaster.com/downloads.aspx)
Thanks.

Bugs:
-The links to the Licence Agreement and User Manual in Windows-Startmenü are not working.
-Virtual kb display not in sync with standard 5 oct midi keyboard (one octave shift)
-Prototype skin looks a bit "cheap" to my eyes....
-When the kb velocity curve is put down, low velocity key presses on my midi kb are no longer recognized.
-Crash when clicking on "random preset" (no presets yet?)

(I tested the win standalone version)

Bodhisan
KVRian
505 posts since 7 Aug, 2015 from H2O

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:16 am

db3 wrote:
fmr wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:
fmr wrote:
What message do you get?
Mac installer zip seems to be corrupt.
Yeah, tried a different browser - same error. "Unable to expand." (error #2). But I agree with Taurus...this is my Mac's mistake. :wink:

kurodo
KVRist
378 posts since 18 Aug, 2014

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:36 am

Having spent some time now testing Synthmaster One I kind of like it.
But with reservations.

I am not sure I like its unison, imo Dune2,Icarus,Spire and Sylenth to name a few are way better.
Adam Sazbo pretty much nailed it with the JP6K and produced a very good thesis on the theory behind the Supersaw.
https://www.nada.kth.se/utbildning/gruk ... _10131.pdf

I am not suggesting that Unison should always be related to a SuperSaw but its a very good tried and tested method to get things sounding good and well balanced with multiple Oscillators.
In that respect I really like Dune2 for giving me a visual clue of what I am doing.
Linear, Non Linear and Gaussian etc, it works for me.

Another thing that I don't find useful is how Synthmaster One process's its global volume throughout tweaking stages. Like when adding extra voices which obviously amplifies the volume, some sort of intelligent control to keep the summing at bay would be very helpful.
Its unlike the Synths I mentioned above which all keep things under very good control and respect the end users ears. :)

Synthmaster One really deserves a limiter on its final output.

kv331
KVRAF
5567 posts since 14 Nov, 2006 from Ankara, Turkey

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:51 am

Chris-S wrote: Bugs:
-The links to the Licence Agreement and User Manual in Windows-Startmenü are not working.
-Virtual kb display not in sync with standard 5 oct midi keyboard (one octave shift)
-Prototype skin looks a bit "cheap" to my eyes....
-When the kb velocity curve is put down, low velocity key presses on my midi kb are no longer recognized.
-Crash when clicking on "random preset" (no presets yet?)

(I tested the win standalone version)
Now that I am back from NAMM, will be working full time on the remaining issues in the coming days.

Will keep you guys posted about the fixes/updates

Cheers

BB
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted "Best VST/AU Synth of 2016" by MusicRadar readers
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

kv331
KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:54 am

kurodo wrote:Having spent some time now testing Synthmaster One I kind of like it.
But with reservations.

I am not sure I like its unison, imo Dune2,Icarus,Spire and Sylenth to name a few are way better.
Adam Sazbo pretty much nailed it with the JP6K and produced a very good thesis on the theory behind the Supersaw.
https://www.nada.kth.se/utbildning/gruk ... _10131.pdf

I am not suggesting that Unison should always be related to a SuperSaw but its a very good tried and tested method to get things sounding good and well balanced with multiple Oscillators.
In that respect I really like Dune2 for giving me a visual clue of what I am doing.
Linear, Non Linear and Gaussian etc, it works for me.

Another thing that I don't find useful is how Synthmaster One process's its global volume throughout tweaking stages. Like when adding extra voices which obviously amplifies the volume, some sort of intelligent control to keep the summing at bay would be very helpful.
Its unlike the Synths I mentioned above which all keep things under very good control and respect the end users ears. :)

Synthmaster One really deserves a limiter on its final output.
Hi there

As for unison, we have a unison detune curve. The default linear curve doesnt sound that good, but if you tweak it a little bit it sounds better. Also, the voices mix parameter is available as a "hidden" parameter.

As for volume & limiter we left those to the sound designer. We have a compressor FX available so that can be inserted at the end of the signal chain.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster One voted "Best New Virtual Instrument of 2017" by MusicRadar readers

kv331
KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:57 am

Bodhisan wrote:
Yeah, tried a different browser - same error. "Unable to expand." (error #2). But I agree with Taurus...this is my Mac's mistake. :wink:
I believe there was an upload error for OSX last week, will upload the latest version 0.9.15 again.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”