Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

@Phil
Current version is ANA v2.0.3.
IIRC, it went to v2.0.4 and then back to v2.0.3.
Any head up about it?

nordickvr wrote:@Phil
Current version is ANA v2.0.3.
IIRC, it went to v2.0.4 and then back to v2.0.3.
Any head up about it?
Was a bug in the FM we didn’t catch.. working on a fix along with some other stuff.

@Phil sonic Academy..

Is it possible to see updates from the synth? Havent found it anyway...
Would be nice to if it noticed me for avaible updates when starting it up and letting making browser pop up if i press to update and download it simple

Click Sonic Academy's logo.
Edit : Never mind, it just tells the version.

Guys you're not keeping us in the loop enough, this new synth is slowly slipping into the realms of irrelevancy.
What's the progress, when can we expect an update?

First I have thoroughly enjoyed the new synth. Still, it is starting to feel like the previous version in that there is no discussion. So much potential this thing has.

And other thoughts I will keep to myself.

jasonwoodman wrote:Guys you're not keeping us in the loop enough, this new synth is slowly slipping into the realms of irrelevancy.

maybe for you...
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Flu caught a few of us after Xmas there so taking a bit more time to get the next release out.

It’s done now... will probably go up as a beta.

This is mostly bug fixes and QoL improvements.

We have a 2.1 feature list on the go with a bit of work already done... I’m currently testing a filter gain trim control for the non linear filters so you can control how hot they are being driven. Sounding good.

2.06 should be up today at some point.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:Flu caught a few of us after Xmas there so taking a bit more time to get the next release out.

It’s done now... will probably go up as a beta.

This is mostly bug fixes and QoL improvements.

We have a 2.1 feature list on the go with a bit of work already done... I’m currently testing a filter gain trim control for the non linear filters so you can control how hot they are being driven. Sounding good.

2.06 should be up today at some point.

Flu has been really spreading and bad this year. Sorry to hear you all had to suffer with that. I've had it a couple times and it can feel like death.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

@Phil - I feel your pain - it's been going around here as well - horrible.

I know I've asked before but not really got a definitive answer - is there any more news on a preset converter for V1-> V2 presets? I know the architecture is (very) different and the presets will probably not sound the same, but this may actually give the V1 presets a whole new lease of life :D If I want the exact same sounds, I'll just use V1 !

MikeCallon wrote:@Phil - I feel your pain - it's been going around here as well - horrible.

I know I've asked before but not really got a definitive answer - is there any more news on a preset converter for V1-> V2 presets? I know the architecture is (very) different and the presets will probably not sound the same, but this may actually give the V1 presets a whole new lease of life :D If I want the exact same sounds, I'll just use V1 !

we haven't done any more work on it... the presets have changed a bit since we last looked at it so will need some reworking.. most of the OSC, Filter and ENVs should be sortable but the effects could be very tricky to match up.

Once things settle down we will have another look at it.

jasonwoodman wrote:Guys you're not keeping us in the loop enough, this new synth is slowly slipping into the realms of irrelevancy.
Lol what?

Needy much.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
MikeCallon wrote:@Phil - I feel your pain - it's been going around here as well - horrible.

we haven't done any more work on it... the presets have changed a bit since we last looked at it so will need some reworking.. most of the OSC, Filter and ENVs should be sortable but the effects could be very tricky to match up.

Once things settle down we will have another look at it.
Many thanks for the update. Is it part of the '2.1 feature list' or will it come after that ?

Loving this synth. With the sample import, you can make it anything you want. The mod matrix is top notch. The more I work with this thing the more I love it.

That's just because the "new" has worn off now. :P

Return to “Instruments”