Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

ATS wrote:amazing to me so many people would spend this much money with no demo.
You're amazed far to easily. People purchase stuff on the internet everyday without a demo. why would software be any different? Yes we could wait for a demo, but black Friday offered significant savings and it's not like its teething issues are not going to get dealt with eventually.

Would have been great to have a demo ready for release though. I can only guess, but, i'd figure more would buy, if there would be a demo. I surely won't buy without a demo.

jasonwoodman wrote:
ATS wrote:amazing to me so many people would spend this much money with no demo.
You're amazed far to easily. People purchase stuff on the internet everyday without a demo. why would software be any different? Yes we could wait for a demo, but black Friday offered significant savings and it's not like its teething issues are not going to get dealt with eventually.

so you are comparing software with like a blender (which you can return if you don't like it)? :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Well some of it's completely mangled my PC in the past so, that's a fair comparison :D

You can get your money back on software to.

I’d wonder knowing that someone would pass much time playing with a blender than with a synth.
May be to sample it...

jasonwoodman wrote:Well some of it's completely mangled my PC in the past so, that's a fair comparison :D

You can get your money back on software to.

Man, I wish I could get my money back on Gravity. I paid a lot for it and don't even like it. But sadly this is not the case in this situation anyhow.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

$224.50 ?! That seems pricey for what it is. :/

jasonwoodman wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
jasonwoodman wrote:Random crashes in Cubase 8.5. times so far: 8
Could you give more details.. CPU, OS Etc.

Happening when doing specific things? Just random?
Seems random to me Phil but, I'm no expert on this side of things. I guess it's happened mostly when preset changes don't happen instantly, they sometimes hang, not sure why, my pc is more than capable of handling it but, yeah they sometimes take a few seconds to load up. The last crash happened just because I brought the vsti upfrom minimized. completely shut down cubase instantly. So, possibly a GPU issue?

Win 7 x64
i7 950 3.07GHz (not overclocked)
RAM:12Gb
AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
Thanks for the info... might be related to the cpu spike issue when loading and instance. Hopefully have a fix shortly.

What screen resolution are you on?

I know in Cubase you can load 32bit stuff in a wrapper... can you confirm that it’s the 64 bit version and not the wrapped 32bit.

Thanks

1920 x 1080

I can confirm it's x64

Could be Spikes, for sure. Pretty common for new synths.

Still waiting for a demo here in order to decide whether ANA2 is for me or not.

jasonwoodan usually developers do offer demo versions and it's good to be like that because the software may not inspire you. It doesn't have to be crap, but simply a matter of compatibility with that piece software. And yes, internet is full of all kind of people where some of these do prefer to know what they're buying first. Since we want to have them all happy by promoting our business, let's agree that a demo version is not necessarily a bad thing.

I think it is already stated a demo will come and it will keep the introduction offer.

That said,
Playing around with my new toy has made me smile.
The likes:
I really like the sound quality. It fits really nice with another synth I like: Strobe2.
The presets are a bit loud. So I had to adjust the volume in my DAW
Also, not every preset makes use of the modwheel.
The arp is great, really nice, like a little NORA(by squaredheads)inside your synth.
Combine the arp with the cmd gives great results, if you like the type of music.
I didn't think I would use cmd as much, but actually its quite handy.

The dislikes:
Well I'm not sure why there's a sampler, because it isnt very special. I would rather have a dedicated noise OSC with some noise and zaps to choose from. For me it just doesnt seem to fit in the concept of this synth.
Now it takes up a lot of space. Space where you could put all 3 the OSCs. I dont like tabbed OSCs.
Now if the sampler could do granular or spectral things, it would be more interesting I guess. In conjunction with the arp.

I could not save a preset assigning myself as the Author.
Also I dont like the rating of presets. Just favorite or not. No 1 to 5 star rating.

With the Envelope ADSRs you can only see milisecond values. I really like the feature in Strobe2 where you can set and snap your envelopes to note lengths. I makes more sense to me musically. Maybe a sync button(pretty please)for this feature?

Anyway, Ill keep playing for now!

Maybe a bug
Using my own wavetables works while putting 3D in front of every folder.
However when you have selected the wavetable and you want to hear the next or previous I always end up with the 1st 'acid' factory wavetable or a saw.
This is when the waveform browser is closed.

Any word on the "fixing the high dpi issue this week" release?

Another feature request! WOuld it be possible to have the 4 macro controls accessible on the MOD page like they are on the Presets page please?

I would speed up tweaking of the mapped parameters.

Cheers

Bought it. Really like it but... what's going on with the text???
Had it for a few days and I keep getting mixed up text. Things will start out ok then, within 30 min or so, the text will start to get jumbled up (see pic).
This keeps happening - differnt songs, different instances etc.
I saw earlier in the thread someone else had the same problem.

https://imgur.com/a/Eebvd

DAW: Bitwig
Screen: 4k

Return to “Instruments”