Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

dangayle wrote:Why can't I automate the LFO level in Ableton Live? I'm trying to decrease the level in one part of a song I'm working on, but it's no use. Also, if there were an on/off switch for the LFOs, I wouldn't need to modulate the level, but both options would be nice.

Specifically, I'm clicking "configure" in the little box, then clicking on the control in ANA 2, but it never shows up as an automatable control. Help?
Can you not use LFO depth instead? I would imagine you can't automate level as it's technically a modulation matrix amount rather than a synth parameter.

Synthman2000 wrote:Regarding saving presets. I make my own sounds mainly so if I had made a sound and wish to save it (I normally do this in a folder of my choosing on the C drive with sub folders of synth names which I back up on another drive at end of each month)

And if I modified an existing sound. Does the original preset get changed as well etc ?

How would I best go about this, I did not find the manual very clear on saving your own or modified sounds ?

Thanks for your input.
If you modify a factory preset - you will overwrite it yes

its best you keep your presets organised in a USER subfolder of your choosing
If you use the Menu in ANA 2 you can navigate to the user presets folder

iHartBeats wrote:
nevis wrote:
bryansonic wrote:i HOPE this will be available today - as well as a demo
So was it released then?

Good question.
How will I know... do they add a notice to my account that an update is available?
few issues cropped up with the fixes in the latest builds which are being addressed - i'll drop a message here as soon as the demo is ready

Thanks for the update on the update. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Just spotted 2.01 released.

V2.0.1 Changes
- AAX Version now working as expected
- Fixed garbled text issue in windows when closing / reopening GUI
- Fixed garbled text issue in windows when using DAW Scaling options
- Fixed FX processors resetting when they should not
- Fixed PWM Buzzing at 100%
- Fixed Waveform not getting drawn correctly at 100% PWM
- Fixed OSC waveform not getting drawn correctly when morph value already set
- Fixed issue where ARP and CMD would cause flickering on GUI load
- OSC Browser column view now supports sub folders
- Wavetables are now recognised as 3D provided their parent folder is titled 3D
- Waves can now be selected in the tree view using arrows to navigate
- Added option to use left and right arrows in browser tree view
- Fixed issue where Saving a preset in LPX built in save menu would clear the wavetable
- Speed optimisations for preset loading
- Speed optimisations for wavetable loading

Excellent news. While I'm downloading, though... is it really necessary to have a 784 MB file for an update?

I've not seen a demo version (or I missed it)?

4damind wrote:I've not seen a demo version (or I missed it)?
just trying to sort one last issue before we release the demo... we will keep the 30% offer running until its out and for a few days after so anyone who wants to try it can.

Great news, thanks for the confirmation, Phil! :tu:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
4damind wrote:I've not seen a demo version (or I missed it)?
just trying to sort one last issue before we release the demo... we will keep the 30% offer running until its out and for a few days after so anyone who wants to try it can.

A couple of things about the latest release. Entering text for the macro controls seems to have changed. You can no longer use '&' and now you can use lower and upper case, whereas prior it seemed to convert everything to uppercase. Is this correct? I do use '&' quite a lot.

Cheers

EDIT: It seems that the above only happens in the larger sizes of the GUI i.e. 125% & 150%
Last edited by cb8rwh on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cb8rwh wrote:A couple of things about the latest release. Entering text for the macro controls seems to have changed. You can no longer use '&' and now you can use lower and upper case, whereas prior it seemed to convert everything to uppercase. Is this correct? I do use '&' quite a lot.

Cheers
Yeah it was an issue with the font that was causing the garbled text issue...I will add & to the new font.

Ah ok, thanks Phil.

Should lowercase be available at all GUI sizes also?

cb8rwh wrote:Ah ok, thanks Phil.

Should lowercase be available at all GUI sizes also?
I think lowercase is only on the Retina vesion as its using a different font

Not at 100%. It forces everything into uppercase - 64-bit Win 10 Bitwig 2.2.2

cb8rwh wrote:Not at 100%. It forces everything into uppercase - 64-bit Win 10 Bitwig 2.2.2
100% non retina uses a pixel font... i think anything bigger switches to the full font.

Return to “Instruments”