Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Okay, figured out how to get the FX to work. However, still confused about the 2 sends. I'm assuming you can send on FX to one OSC and another FX to another but I have no idea how to do this.

I'll search my hard drive for the manual if there is in fact one there. So far, no luck.

You can’t have separate fx on different oscs

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:You can’t have separate fx on different oscs
Okay, before I get to that, I've searched my whole hard drive and there's no user's manual. Does one exist? If so, where is it?

Okay, now to the FX. Okay, fine. So then what are the FX sends for? They seem to have no effect regardless of what I set them to.

Of course all of this could be avoided if I could just find a user's manual. Then I can figure this thing out on my own.

Right now, without one, this is absolutely the most frustrating synth I've worked with in my life. And that's saying a lot.

I love the way this thing sounds. I do NOT love trying to figure out how to use it completely in the dark.

See image below
Sends.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cb8rwh wrote:See image below
Sends.JPG
Great. What exactly does that do? Like I said, a manual would REALLY be nice.

Yeah I get it, you would like a manual. I'll stop trying to help then, FML

cb8rwh wrote:Yeah I get it, you would like a manual. I'll stop trying to help then, FML
Excuse me for not understanding what you're trying to get across with that graphic. It doesn't explain what that all does. Yes, I'm an idiot. I need things explained or I need to read for myself. So forgive me for not being as smart as you'd like me to be.

cb8rwh wrote:Yeah I get it, you would like a manual. I'll stop trying to help then, FML
Unfortunately trolls need no help, trolls need your attention.
Murderous duck!

I don't think he is a troll, just very needy and doesn't know how to ask very politely, just tends to vent.

I'll try one more time.

So the two dials that I outlined in blue alter the amount of signal that gets sent to each of the Send FX (the two slots on the right-hand side of the panel). In the image a attached you can see that there is a delay send effect and a hall reverb send effect turned on (the bar below being white signifies the effect being switched on) and there is a small amount of signal being sent from the Chorus insert effect (again white = turned on). Each insert has these send dials. The insert effect doesn't have to be turned on to make the send work. In the init preset 'Insert 5' already has a little signal sent to both Send 1 and Send 2.

Any better?

I saw the manual is available from the menu in the video tutorial.

I don't have Ana2 installed so I can't confirm.

cb8rwh wrote:I don't think he is a troll, just very needy and doesn't know how to ask very politely, just tends to vent.

I'll try one more time.

So the two dials that I outlined in blue alter the amount of signal that gets sent to each of the Send FX (the two slots on the right-hand side of the panel). In the image a attached you can see that there is a delay send effect and a hall reverb send effect turned on (the bar below being white signifies the effect being switched on) and there is a small amount of signal being sent from the Chorus insert effect (again white = turned on). Each insert has these send dials. The insert effect doesn't have to be turned on to make the send work. In the init preset 'Insert 5' already has a little signal sent to both Send 1 and Send 2.

Any better?
Yes, I understand. What I am having trouble wrapping my head around is what the difference is between that setup and simply inserting the delay, reverb, or any FX for that matter, individually in the insert slot? I guess what I am saying is, other than to have a 3rd FX sent through either or both of the two sends, I'm not seeing the benefits. In other words, without the sends I could still do what I want to do, insert whatever FX I want to insert.

Thank you.

Now, as to the manual, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect one. As the other poster here said, because I come here asking questions, I'm a needy troll. Well, if I had a manual, I wouldn't be a needy troll. Whatever people might think of me, look through my 9,000 plus posts. You can count the number of questions I've asked concerning how to operate a synth on two hands. I'm usually very self sufficient when it comes to figuring these things out. But when something is as complex as ANA 2 (you do agree it is complex) there is only so much I can do on my own and I do need to consult a manual. Wolfgang Palm synths are the same way. No way I could ever figure those things out (especially the new Infinite Pro) without a manual. I'm not that smart.

Anyway, it appears that there is no manual. So I will wait and hope that one comes out shortly. In the meantime, I'm sorry if I've annoyed you but I'm having a difficult time navigating this synth.

But don't worry. I won't ask anymore questions.

Frantz wrote:I saw the manual is available from the menu in the video tutorial.

I don't have Ana2 installed so I can't confirm.
Yep, I tried it. Nothing. It ended up installing Adobe DC, which I didn't need, and took me to an Adobe web page. There is no manual. I scanned the entire hard drive. It doesn't exist.

I had a look into this file I kept: "ANA v2.0.3.zip"
The "ANA 2 Manual.pdf" is on the same level as the "README.txt", before there are different folders for Mac/PC.
It is an ~8 MB PDF file with ~60 pages of manual you are looking for.

wagtunes wrote: Yep, I tried it. Nothing. It ended up installing Adobe DC, which I didn't need, and took me to an Adobe web page. There is no manual.
That's a feature. What other plugin installs Adobe DC for you? :ud:

cb8rwh wrote:I don't think he is a troll, just very needy and doesn't know how to ask very politely, just tends to vent.
I love your large heart but popcorn is awaiting.

Murderous duck!

Return to “Instruments”