PrettyScope (paint with sound), released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PrettyScope

Architeuthis wrote:
pilotredsun wrote:What I'm excited to try out is using Electricanvas https://ompuco.itch.io/electricanvas to turn a simple drawing into a waveform and see if the image reappears in PrettyScope. I haven't received a beta copy so I'm wondering if someone else can demonstrate the conversion.
Did you apply for beta?
I sent an email to the soundemote address on the 26th. my email was pilotredsun ( @ gmail)

All PC users should have PrettyScope beta. If you signed up for beta and had no response from me, let me know here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2#p6744012

Tried to get a mac build today but I ran into some basic compiler issues that will have to be sorted when Robin (DSP programmer) ACTUALLY has access to a mac, lol. :scared: He should have access to one in a day or two.

Colormap feature implemented! You can even create your own colormaps easily by creating/editing the included example xml colormap files. Will be rolling it out to beta testers today. Another feature I'd like to add is a colormap skew, kinda like a brightness/contrast control.

I am urging Robin to throw in host automation as soon as possible. That will increase PrettyScope usefulness by a factor of 10, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5aMh3Z9B4
here's a short video I made using Prettyscope. randomly frozen waves being fed through. very cool program! being able to make the screen wider would help for youtube videos.

pilotredsun, holy crap, I love it. It has a cinematic look about it. Did you add any effects or is that straight screen capture?

I think the screen limit is 3000x3000. I'm guessing a full-screen mode with make it easier. But ultimately I'd like to do some kind of video rendering feature, you could set any rendering resolution and just render the results offline after you're happy with the settings, and of course, once host automation is implemented...

i have a NVIDIA GeForce GT220, make any sense to beta test ? it suppport open GL 3.1
great plugin !

Architeuthis wrote:pilotredsun, holy crap, I love it. It has a cinematic look about it. Did you add any effects or is that straight screen capture?

I think the screen limit is 3000x3000. I'm guessing a full-screen mode with make it easier. But ultimately I'd like to do some kind of video rendering feature, you could set any rendering resolution and just render the results offline after you're happy with the settings, and of course, once host automation is implemented...
it's a screen capture. glad you enjoyed it, your plugin has made it easy to find mesmerizing patterns in my softsynths and FX! a video rendering mode would be a welcome feature indeed. looking forward to see what else you come up with

carrieres wrote:i have a NVIDIA GeForce GT220, make any sense to beta test ? it suppport open GL 3.1
great plugin !
I think your video card is newer than mine. So yes, it makes sense to beta test

Wow, this is great!
I would love to try this as a realtime visual backdrop for (rock) concerts.

Signing up for the beta...
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

super simple avi in win32. when you hit record it creates a dialog to choose the codec. there's a "windows media 1" or something that is fast and works with my ancient, slow system alright.

// header
#include <vfw.h>

// needs a bmp to hand it, need the usual BITMAPINFO declaration stuff
HDC hdcavi; HBITMAP oldavi; HBITMAP avibmp; int * avibuf;

avibmp = CreateDIBSection(hdc, &bitmapinfo, DIB_RGB_COLORS, (void**)&avibuf, 0, 0);
hdcavi = CreateCompatibleDC(NULL);
oldavi = (HBITMAP)SelectObject(hdcavi, avibmp);

// this
case 'Q':
if (!record) {
avi = CreateAvi("test.avi",1,NULL);
AVICOMPRESSOPTIONS opts; ZeroMemory(&opts,sizeof(opts));
opts.fccHandler=mmioFOURCC('d','i','v','x');
SetAviVideoCompression(avi, avibmp,&opts,true,hwnd);
record = 1;
}
else if (record) {
CloseAvi(avi);
record = 0;
}
break;

// this in paint function
if (record) {
avicount++; if (avicount > 1) {avicount = 0;
BitBlt(hdcavi,0,0,960,540,hdcframe,avix,aviy,SRCCOPY);
AddAviFrame(avi, avibmp);}
TextOut (hdcframe, 32, dispy - 32, "record", 6);
}

// and in WM_DESTROY
SelectObject(hdcavi,oldavi); DeleteDC(hdcavi); DeleteObject(avibmp);
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

pilotredsun wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S5aMh3Z9B4
here's a short video I made using Prettyscope. randomly frozen waves being fed through. very cool program! being able to make the screen wider would help for youtube videos.
That looks amazing! Do you mind sharing the preset? I tried using the same audio input but I was not able to come up with anything like this. I couldn't get anything more than a straight line. It would help to see if there is some problem on this end.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

@ Architeuthis -- Could you tell me what daws you have access to? I was wondering if it were possible to send you a project file so you could check a few things... I have studio one, fl studio, samplitude, magix music maker, and orion.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:wondering if it were possible to send you a project file so you could check a few things...
REAPER? Not sure what DAW in demo mode can load project files if I were to download something else.

I think reaper is free right? I can use the demo period to save a project file, I think. Plus its lightweight. I'll grab that and send you a project file along with a video.

TTU Youtube

Just want to make a quick announcement, kinda good news kinda bad news for mac users. Linux version will be coming first, Linux is a nice stepping stone to doing the Mac version. But Robin has informed me that... it's "too early to invite linux users" not sure what kind of timeline we're looking at for Mac/Linux versions. Implementing host automation is also under way.

Return to “Instruments”