One Synth Challenge #98: Any One Synth (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well i'm not saying anything ...and I'm not saying it now :hihi:

Seriously tho, there was a time when we would just congratulate the winners on their excellent work.

Let's do some more of that :tu: Oh and make sure to give everyone a few more plays to bump the SoundCloud stats as well. :hug:

] Peter:H [ wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Taron wrote:Well, PeterH should be thrown out, of course, because that is what I call "voting troll"! Should be something like: If somebody has -100% or less, it should be thrown out. But Peter there should certainly be banned. :uhuhuh:
And then there are those of us who have our personal voting trolls.
To who ever might be concerned...

I personally don't judge you, because I don't know you. Here's just some questions:
1.) Which rule did I break? Where's that rule stated?
2.) Who was harmed?
3.) Why is it trolling to come up with a voting scheme that clearly states my winner and neutralizes any other track because I don't care? Do I have to use patch courtesy here, to pretend that I can say which is 4 or 3 or other way around?
4.) Why is it trolling to try to fix a in my eyes broken voting scheme? I want to vote for my top places and not come up with a PhD style descripition of a inherently complicated/broken voting scheme, which is based on no less than gut feeling and which is not better or worse than any other voting scheme that is inside the rules?
5.) Are noobs have to obey to unwritten rules, that are made up by the closed circle of long time participants? What are those rules?
6.) Do you realy have had all knowledge 360 degree to find a objective judgement like you pretended to give here about me? Have you asked for an exlplanation before judging?
7.) Seems like you observe very closely who is giving you points and who not? Why? Should I try to find a interpretation for that behaviour?

Please, we don't need to discuss it here, all I give you is the questions and you just try to find the answers for yourself.

Regards
Peter
1 - You did not break a rule, however, it's been a well established procedure in OSC to use range of scores based on whatever criteria you want to use. In this scale 1 is generally reserved for pieces that are really bad for some reason. Therefore, giving everyone a 1 is insulting.

2 - If you wish to be a revolutionary and change the world for the better by joining a competition and not going along with it's well established community standard, that's your privilege. That row of 1's still looks and feels like an insult to a lot of people.

3 - You mentioned courtesy. Courtesy is a good thing that helps make this community a friendly and interesting place. Your row of 1's is not courteous. Of course, it's your option to be an uncouth dolt. If you wanted to give everyone a neutral and equal grade, a 3 would have been more appropriate.

4 - Insulting pretty much everyone could easily be perceived as trolling.

5 - There are rules that everyone who participates have to follow. You can vote however you want but a row of 1's makes me think you're an a-hole.

6 & 7 -- Many people participate because they want to be graded by each other and get comments, advice, criticism, etc... Some take winning and point scores more seriously than others, but I believe the general motivation is to do a good, creative piece and get friendly feedback. A row of 1's is not good feedback or friendly.

Ok, I'll pick the Wusik Bundle :D
And Uploading on Spotify etc. is ok for me.
I forgot I had to give credits for my track to Taron, because he gave me some tips on guitar programming :tu:

I DID? Sweet! 8) ...way to make me feel proud! :oops: :hug:
(Dear Diary: my fiendish ploy paid off and great musicians express gratefulness, keeping my legacy alive! Must continue to let people believe, I had something to do with their greatness!!!) :wheee:

wagtunes wrote:Well, all is right with the world. There I am, 5 spots from the bottom.

14 2s
8 1s

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad to be done with these competitions.

Congrats to the winners.
The issue is in the voting system that is in place. Bring back the system where everyone can vote for their top 5 tracks. Basically how the Eurovision Song Contest voting works, but slimmed down.

This way, when you end up getting no points, it's not because everyone thinks your track is bad or sucks donkey balls or whatever, it's simply because voters managed to find five other songs they liked more. Nothing wrong with that me thinks.
Music... life would be boring without it.

Taron wrote:I DID? Sweet! 8) ...way to make me feel proud! :oops: :hug:
(Dear Diary: my fiendish ploy paid off and great musicians express gratefulness, keeping my legacy alive! Must continue to let people believe, I had something to do with their greatness!!!) :wheee:
Are you the one that made amazing realistic sounding instruments (and amazing songs at the same time) many years ago in Reason (subtractor)? Just thinking out loud here. :)
Music... life would be boring without it.

Congrats to all! :D

Antti

Taron wrote:I DID? Sweet!
I'd be upset if you forgot already ... overlapping notes, and automation of the filter before the distortion stage (not too audible, but played a role in the process) 8)

Marando wrote:
Taron wrote:I DID? Sweet! 8) ...way to make me feel proud! :oops: :hug:
Are you the one that made amazing realistic sounding instruments (and amazing songs at the same time) many years ago in Reason (subtractor)? Just thinking out loud here. :)
WAHAAHhh...somebody remembers! :hyper:
Yep, yep, yep...I used to love it, too. But subtractor and malstroem eventually couldn't satisfy me anymore and I stumbled upon MuLab as VST Host, which turned out to be so much more. But, yeah, still got a few of those songs rendered out on soundclick and reverbnation. :)
THANKS, of course! :hug:

Carl_saved wrote:
Taron wrote:I DID? Sweet!
I'd be upset if you forgot already ... overlapping notes, and automation of the filter before the distortion stage (not too audible, but played a role in the process) 8)
Uh, oh, ah, no, never, how could I have forgotten this! :scared: 8) :help:
Well, I'm super happy you put it to such great and successful use! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Congrats to the winners! :tu:

Cheers Björn

Congrants to winners and thanks for your votes!

Woooow.. I am very happy to be in 4th position! :) :) :)

Thank you for your votes and comments in soundcloud. I really appreciate it! Motivate me to keep working and creating new electro musics!

Thank you :)

i don't want to sound like i'm pissed because im not but i still want to say this and i'm choosing not to ignore it ;)

This voting unfortunatly feels a bit like politics and this is why i'm posting, this can't be generalized but feels like some people think like this....
so my toughts.....

it a bit silly, funny or sad people give all these comments and then vote like they do...like....

**[fictional with or without reality base]** "hmmmm i post coments and say nice things then give the dude a 2 because....." (only he/she knows) _and_ stuff_ like_ that_....

i don't really give a "#%"#& to where i placed i just tried to do the best i could with a synth i liked. Period.

congrats to the winners and everyone that participated... i just wish this world was less pettyfull......

now back to music ;)

Return to “Instruments”