VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

wagtunes wrote:
dnoiz wrote:Hi,

yes 2.7 is the last version.
You can see the version when scrolling over the FATHOM logo of the Instrument.
Thanks. Where is the download link for the latest version?
You can download version 2.7.1 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gECBx ... pYnIteHI7O

You will need to enter your serial number as a password to extract the plugin .dll.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

You can download version 2.7.1 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gECBx ... pYnIteHI7O

You will need to enter your serial number as a password to extract the plugin .dll.
Thanks. Much appreciated. I really need to get back to this one.

wagtunes wrote:

It's in your kvr marketplace order information. If you bought it somewhere else... I don't know.

Hi,

it is on the fathom synth site under downloads:
the free mono version
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jeysuhb92 ... no_270.zip
and the update version (you have to have a serial for unzipping)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jWeB7 ... kI3EgmK4Mx

I don't see an announcement on 2.7.1 so what is different from 2.7.0 ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I don't see an announcement on 2.7.1 so what is different from 2.7.0 ?
I just noticed that in downloading that it's 2.7.1. No clue what changes were made.

Hmmmm I don't see anything in Fathomsynth's posts or on the website that mentions 12.7.1 so I think I'll wait to install it. Perhaps he uploaded the new version before being able to post about it here.... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

however v2.7.1 is working in Studio One v3.5.5 again.

thank you!

Maybe that's why the .1 update to fix issues with Studio One ?

Hi. Everyone, I’m sorry for the recent confusion over the release versions.

The web site now has a complete explanation of all the different builds, but it does not explain why there was a release 2.7.1 over 2.7.0.

There are no functional code changes between 2.7.0 and 2.7.1. It’s the same code. The only difference is the build settings.

Release 2.7.0 was the CPU efficiency release which gets rid of dial popping, which for the most part was very effective. As part of that release I enabled Vector SIMD instructions and single instance Multi-Core processing in the build settings which on my system seemed to improve performance even more.

The problem was after 2.7.0 was released there were several reports back from the field that people with systems that had previously been able to validate 2.6.0 could no longer validate 2.7.0. When I told those people to try the “ST” (single threaded) build with SIMD and Multi-Core disabled, it fixed their problem.

So to avoid further problems I created the version 2.7.1 which made the ST single threaded build the normal release, and the “HS” High Speed build the alternate build.

This way most people who download the latest release 2.7.1 will not have validation issues caused by the Vector SIMD and Multicore settings. And people who have Windows 7 systems like mine, with all the correct Windows DLL’s and can validate anything, and are willing to take some risks can still download the HS build and get slightly better performance for dial movement.

The high speed settings were only enabled in the Windows 64 Poly build, not the 32 Bit or Mono builds, so 2.7.1 only needed to be released for Windows 64 Bit Poly.

Everything in the alternate builds is explained here:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

You will notice there is also a Windows 10 build now, which was actually built on my new Windows 10 partition.

People, I really do apologize for all the validation problems, and I really want Fathom to run on everyone’s systems, which is why I provide all the alternate builds.

But it is not my fault that a certain maker of operating systems, after building them thirty years, still cannot seem to release an OS with consistent system level code for dynamic linking, or even code which will interface correctly with statically linked code either for that matter.

If any of you know how it is possible other plugins can create a single build which runs on all Window’s systems correctly, I’m all ears.

The good news is I really do think we have the right combination of build settings now for a single release, so I’m not going to touch anything, hehe.

Tonedef71, To answer your question on the last page, I believe the plugins should have different names, so you should be able to select them as different plugins. Fathom.dll, FathomMono.dll, Fathom32.dll, FathomMono32.dll. The Mac OSX builds do not have different names but I can’t change that.

FathomSynth wrote:Hi. Everyone, I’m sorry for the recent confusion over the release versions.

The web site now has a complete explanation of all the different builds, but it does not explain why there was a release 2.7.1 over 2.7.0.

There are no functional code changes between 2.7.0 and 2.7.1. It’s the same code. The only difference is the build settings.

Release 2.7.0 was the CPU efficiency release which gets rid of dial popping, which for the most part was very effective. As part of that release I enabled Vector SIMD instructions and single instance Multi-Core processing in the build settings which on my system seemed to improve performance even more.

The problem was after 2.7.0 was released there were several reports back from the field that people with systems that had previously been able to validate 2.6.0 could no longer validate 2.7.0. When I told those people to try the “ST” (single threaded) build with SIMD and Multi-Core disabled, it fixed their problem.

So to avoid further problems I created the version 2.7.1 which made the ST single threaded build the normal release, and the “HS” High Speed build the alternate build.

This way most people who download the latest release 2.7.1 will not have validation issues caused by the Vector SIMD and Multicore settings. And people who have Windows 7 systems like mine, with all the correct Windows DLL’s and can validate anything, and are willing to take some risks can still download the HS build and get slightly better performance for dial movement.

The high speed settings were only enabled in the Windows 64 Poly build, not the 32 Bit or Mono builds, so 2.7.1 only needed to be released for Windows 64 Bit Poly.

Everything in the alternate builds is explained here:
https://www.fathomsynth.com/updates

You will notice there is also a Windows 10 build now, which was actually built on my new Windows 10 partition.

People, I really do apologize for all the validation problems, and I really want Fathom to run on everyone’s systems, which is why I provide all the alternate builds.

But it is not my fault that a certain maker of operating systems, after building them thirty years, still cannot seem to release an OS with consistent system level code for dynamic linking, or even code which will interface correctly with statically linked code either for that matter.

If any of you know how it is possible other plugins can create a single build which runs on all Window’s systems correctly, I’m all ears.

The good news is I really do think we have the right combination of build settings now for a single release, so I’m not going to touch anything, hehe.

Tonedef71, To answer your question on the last page, I believe the plugins should have different names, so you should be able to select them as different plugins. Fathom.dll, FathomMono.dll, Fathom32.dll, FathomMono32.dll. The Mac OSX builds do not have different names but I can’t change that.
Are you saying that I'm actually safer running 2.7.0? I didn't download that one. Can I still get it?

No, I'm saying you are safe running 2.7.1, which is now the primary update download.

Try that first and make sure it works.

Then if you are feeling lucky you can try the HS high speed build.

FathomSynth wrote:No, I'm saying you are safe running 2.7.1, which is now the primary update download.

Try that first and make sure it works.

Then if you are feeling lucky you can try the HS high speed build.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Is there a native Win 10 build now for the Free mono versions???

Thanks,

Rob.

No, sorry, not currently, I will add that in the 2.8 release.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”