Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

PietW, What? Are you saying you won't buy Fathom cause there's no paypal?
I pretty sure you can still paypal on KVR.

I sent you a PM, did the MT build work?

If not I will build you a Windows 10 version.

evilantal, Sorry, I will bring back the Windows 10 build, I was not sure if anyone was using it.

I bought Fathom on KVR using Paypal. It was a simple 2-step process.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

FathomSynth wrote:PietW, What? Are you saying you won't buy Fathom cause there's no paypal?
I pretty sure you can still paypal on KVR.

I sent you a PM, did the MT build work?

If not I will build you a Windows 10 version.

evilantal, Sorry, I will bring back the Windows 10 build, I was not sure if anyone was using it.
Thanks for your support. With 55 years you sometimes lose track. Everything worked. pay with PayPal has worked well. Perfect. :tu:
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Frostline, for the Reaper track freeze problem could you try the following.

In Fathom on that track, move the last Filter BTW to just after the Filter SVR and before the Chorus Air, then move the Digital Delay between the Chorus Air and the Reverb.

So you have in series: Waveforms, Filter BTW HP, Filter SVR, Filter BTW, Chorus Air, Digital Delay, Reverb.

Then freeze it again and see if the note still stick on.

PietW. Thanks!

FathomSynth wrote:Frostline, for the Reaper track freeze problem could you try the following...
Tried it, similar result.

https://youtu.be/GvdoSX4_1ec

Best workaround I've found is to put a 128th note with zero velocity where I want the last note to stop.
However, on one freeze where I did that all the others were stuck up until the end of the first longer note. So it was a continuous sound in each midi item. I have not had that happen again though.

I froze the track 4 or 5 times with the reordered modules and the first notes were consistently good as in the ones in the video, but the last note was always stuck during a freeze.
I've replaced the last midi item a few times and tried gluing it. Freeze always skips that note off.
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

"gluing it" ?

FathomSynth wrote:"gluing it" ?
Umm, yeah.
Can sometimes make midi items behave better. Also I use it as a quick way to make items not loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-xwkoy9shk
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Hello I am trying to save a Wavetable created by myself but if I click on the Save Wavetable button nothing happens. No window will open to save the new wavetable to the user folder or another folder. Please what am I doing wrong. The instructions did not help me that way.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW, On the wave table oscillator panel on the far left click on Parameters.
That will bring up the panel with the three waveform graphs in the middle.
Click on the File button on the left if you want to save the left side wave.
That will bring up the wave browser in the middle window.
Choose your destination folder in the left side folder window.
Click Save Table.
Then a new wave table file (should) be added to the file list on the right.

If not, let me know, and tell me your system Windows or Mac, OS version or deployment number and your Fathom version.

Gluing

lol

I guess us Reaperites assume everyone knows what that means. It is an essential part of using midi in Reaper.

When using other DAWs it is the first thing I try to accidentally do.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

How can i made snap the adsr curve ? I a lot of time but i don t find a way to do it..

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:Gluing

lol

I guess us Reaperites assume everyone knows what that means. It is an essential part of using midi in Reaper.

When using other DAWs it is the first thing I try to accidentally do.
:lol:
I actually thought all DAWs had gluing. :oops:
I've not really messed much with any other DAW though.
------
Had the stuck note thing again today on the patch where it affected all the notes but the one it usually gets stuck on and the note I added at the end.
Unfrozen
It froze fine the next time.
Hopefully I will not need to unfreeze it again. :pray:

On the ADSR envelope panel, on the right side, click on Quantize Time or Quantize Amplitude.
Graph points snap to 1/2 amplitude divisions and 1/4 time subdivisions.
If the snap distance is too small and it looks like it is not snapping
then decrease the Divisions or Subdivisions dials.

It stuck on all the notes, I thought it was the last one.
I tried it in Reaper and I could not get any to stick on.

Is there any chance you could send me your entire Reaper project with the sticking.

I promise not to copy your song, release it and make millions.

FathomSynth wrote:
It stuck on all the notes, I thought it was the last one.
Then you are not following what I am trying to say. :P
Sometimes (about 50% of the time) the first note would stick on a freeze.
Always (100% of the time) the last note would stick on a freeze.
Then I found I could "fix" the last note by adding a 128th note where I wanted the last note to end.
That worked for the last note but then occasionally (about 25% of the time) all the other notes (including the middle notes which had always worked previously) would stick. Why adding a note at the end would affect all the other notes I have no idea. :shrug:
FathomSynth wrote: I tried it in Reaper and I could not get any to stick on.
Not surprising, I could also not duplicate the issue outside of the main project.
FathomSynth wrote: Is there any chance you could send me your entire Reaper project with the sticking.

I promise not to copy your song, release it and make millions.
In the link below will be my project with the track with the issue and the tracks its audio signal passes through.
Other tracks were omitted not only to protect my millions :hihi: but to also save you from trying to find and download the obscure (but free) plugins that might be in use on the other tracks. As it is there may be a couple you don't have. Plus it makes my upload much smaller. 8)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsthgd4uxa1ln ... k.zip?dl=0

Please note that the patch does not have the reordering of the modules you suggested in a previous post. I tried the reorder, it didn't seem to fix the issue as shown in the video I posted about it so I didn't save the patch in that configuration.
Also I removed the 128th note that stopped the last long note correctly just to see if that would make the middle notes work correctly. As you will see in the frozen track it did not on that freeze.

Frostline, Thanks, I'm loading up your project now.

I only see the glued sample tracks.

How do I get the midi rolls to display?

I tried unlocking them but I can't seem to find a way to display the midi roll like I can in a new project or in any of my test projects?

I tried right clicking on the items but ungroup is grayed out.

Sorry, there does not seem to be any way to unglue the items.

Could you send the same project before they were glued so I can open the midi rolls and then perform the glue-ing so I can reproduce the problem.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”