Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

The GUI is too big for your screen and there is no way to get at the lower corner, a problem which Fathom provides for.

Type this exact phrase into the very top middle title bar and hit return ...

size small

Once you do that, then you can drag it a little bigger if need be.

FathomSynth wrote:The GUI is too big for your screen and there is no way to get at the lower corner, a problem which Fathom provides for.

size small

Ha Ha ! This opens the creation of a new book which will be named "Fathom Synth Secrets".
:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

FathomSynth wrote:The GUI is too big for your screen and there is no way to get at the lower corner, a problem which Fathom provides for.

size small

Thanks a lot for the tip! A bit less discoverable but at least it works.
BlackWinny wrote: Ha Ha ! This opens the creation of a new book which will be named "Fathom Synth Secrets".
:D
:dog:

Etienne1973 wrote:Click on the button in the upper right corner of the Fathom plugin window.
:dog:

size small

Bravo! A capability like this should be built into every large windowed application.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Fathom Update: :phones:

Show below is the new settings page.

This will be released in 2.12 coming out soon. Parameters are now exposed which give full control over the audio and detune processing. Since the primary drain on CPU load is detuned oscillators these settings essentially provide Fathom with a draft mode, but with more precise control.

Initial testing has proven over a 40% increase in polyphony going from full quality to minimum settings.

In addition, when detune per sample is disabled, the detune frequency is still extrapolated across sample blocks instead of using any sudden change in values, so the audio quality remains surprisingly high even with minimal settings.

There was also some heavy code tuning done in this release so even the full quality settings will see approximately a 5% CPU increase over 2.11.

The settings page also allows you to choose between two different dial graphics and two different panel themes.

Also, there will be another "Fathom Friday" $12.00 Sale a week from today 6/8/18.

So please spread the word. :party:
fathom.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Purchased this in the last sale, great fun. So a quick question, are owners informed of updates via email?

Great news!

And the GUI just keeps looking better and better. This is an awesome synth! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Excellent news Everett!

devilnishy wrote:So a quick question, are owners informed of updates via email?
Not Yet AFAIK, several are atm informed thru KVR PM.

FathomSynth wrote:Also, there will be another "Fathom Friday" $12.00 Sale a week from today 6/8/18.
So please spread the word. :party:
For God's sake, increase the price up to 20$ at least :x

FathomSynth wrote:Fathom Update:

This will be released in 2.12 coming out soon. Parameters are now exposed which give full control over the audio and detune processing. Since the primary drain on CPU load is detuned oscillators these settings essentially provide Fathom with a draft mode, but with more precise control.

Initial testing has proven over a 40% increase in polyphony going from full quality to minimum settings.
Awesome. Do you think you could also add a control that defaults all the applicable settings to their minimum values... basically a single control to enable "draft" mode? This would remove any guesswork as to what combination of settings values constitutes the full minimum set. Thanks in advance! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Good Idea!

has anyone else been having Fathom crash Maschine?
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Windows or Mac, OS Version?

Please list exact steps to reproduce crash.

when using Maschine, if i hit play during a section that has Fathom in it, Maschine crashes my Windows 10 x64. and it's not a normal crash, when a popup will say something like "Maschine has stopped working," but the program wipes itself off the screen. however, if i play the same project during a section where Fathom isn't being used, the project will play until it gets to a Fathom section, and then poof.
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Return to “Instruments”