Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

FathomSynth wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:46 pm The very first Intel Vector release will be AVX2 only.

However, converting AVX2 back to AVX1 is very easy, so the very next release will cover AVX1.
Thanks for that!!!
Also the CPU improvement for AVX1 will be almost as fast as AVX2.
Good to know! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

this synth is fun to play with (warning: loud/noisy)
https://soundcloud.com/user-916115569/fathomfun

Oh goodness, looks like you found Fathom's evil side. Watch out Death Metal, here comes Death Trip Hop. Sounds like Rob Zombie at a synthesizer.

preset please!!!!
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Tonal FM works like a charm! Nice, thank you! Sounds so much more cleaner, if you want that.

Would it be possible to add a "snap to grid" function to the wave draw editor :-)? So especially for the bezir segment points.

The bezier points already snap to one quarter of the grid lines for both envelopes and wave bezier.
I can add a setting to snap to whole lines if you want.
Also snap to grid for wave draw is a good idea and was requested several times before so I will add that.
I'm also planning on adding an undo button for wave draw and bezier.

FathomSynth wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:40 pm I'm also planning on adding an undo button for wave draw and bezier.
YESSSSSSS !
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Ok, I'm having a problem...

Got the latest upgrade 2.33.01 Pro 64 for windows and if I upload the Ableton Project to the iMac, Ableton says that it can't find the Fathom VST2 (which, of course, it's installed there as well) and it gets disabled.

So I managed to solve the issue by deleting the Fathom from the track, save and reload Fathom BUT.... if I move the project back to my Windows machine (after being saved as above), the same thing occurs again.

The only thing I noticed different is the the Fathom version on the Mac is v2.33.13 Pro 64 Mac (2.33.01 vs 2.33.13).

Is this the cause of the problem? :bang:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

I don't think you can go from Windows to Mac or Mac to Windows.

The problem is not the version numbers, it is the internal VST codes are different in the build.

You will have to save the preset on each track and then add Fathom on each track and load the preset.

The problem is that even if for the next build I try to set all the VST codes the same then it would break it on the Mac for everyone else when they change versions.

Is this something you plan on doing regularly?

Yes, I work on my Surface Pro 6 on the road and then on the iMac when I’m back.
But how then all the other plugins have no need of saving the preset?

Where would you save the preset? As a .fxb? and in which folder?
Or I need to group Fathom and save it as a preset in my user library under instrument rack?

It seem unusual that a DAW can’t recall an installed plugin (saved in the project like any other plugins from different vendors) and then load a library preset (that came with Fathom) just because is on a different OS.

Maybe I didn’t explain correctly in the previous post?

Sorry for my confusion but this has never occurred before with any DAW or plugin. :shrug:

You would have to ask the people at Ableton why their DAW thinks that a plugin with the same name is a different plugin since only they can answer that.

I'm fairly certain that Ableton is looking at the internal plugin code or vendor code and if it is different it thinks it is a different plugin with the same name.

Like I said, I can't change the Mac plugin codes to fix your problem or it will break it for everyone else using Fathom on the Mac.

However, I could add a feature for Fathom to save all presets for all tracks externally from the host, that way you could work back and forth between your Windows and Mac Ableton without having to add the Fathom tracks every time.

Please make sure this is something you would use because it would take some work on my part for the next release.

It’s not just Ableton but Bitwig as well.
I will try Reason too (Studio One is not on my iMac any longer).

This is an issue for collaboration too.
I’m surprised no one is experiencing this problem unless I’m doing something wrong with fathom installation and directories.

Again, this seems to be unique to fathom and not any with other plugins (I own hundreds).

Did you try it yourself?

Anyone here is working on Win/Mac systems and could verify?

I really love this synth....

Bitwig...

Isn't it the DAW made by previous Ableton engineers ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:54 pm Bitwig...

Isn't it the DAW made by previous Ableton engineers ?
:lol: :dog:

Return to “Instruments”