Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

If you do ever think of a safe way to support feedback, I'd be very interested. The modular design of Fathom means it's a good environment for playing with simple "physical models" (in quotes because they won't be realistic, but could yet sound interesting), more flexible than Surge (which does include an optional feedback loop) but a lot easier to work with than Reaktor.

Another case for feedback, which should be a bit safer, is FM connections between oscillators.

Thanks a lot for the update email for Fathom Pro 3.1.

I must admit after reading the installation guide I am unsure if I really want to take this possible installation nightmare for the advantages this new version might bring compared to the old version where you dont even need an installation guide.

I totally understand the cause that stands behind this, just a personal consideration and decision as a mostly presets using user who does not dive very deep into this synth.

The installation guide, like the rest of the manual, gives a lot of extra detail for people who like to fully understand the process and customise things. I think that's Everett's style: he'd rather give you too much information than too little :-) If you just want to do a standard install, running the installer takes only a few minutes.

If you've already installed 3.0 you can just copy over the dll(s) from the .zip in the update into where you previously installed it. I believe the install is so the patches etc. get copied into the correct sub-folder and the authorisation thingy is run - so if you've already done that you don't need to for the update.

I have Fathom Pro 3.0
version 3.1 is $25

True or False?

mrsugmad wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm I have Fathom Pro 3.0
version 3.1 is $25

True or False?
False it's a 0.1 update and free. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:36 pm
mrsugmad wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:22 pm I have Fathom Pro 3.0
version 3.1 is $25

True or False?
False it's a 0.1 update and free. :hihi:
Thanks.
My keyfile doesn't work, so I emailed support to get one that allows me to open the ZIP file for 3.01

You should have a bespoke unlock password given in the body of the email that has the 3.1 update download link.

I personally like one click updates.
Click here and the update is done.
Taraaaa!

The installer is not a torture device it was requested relentlessly for years by hundreds of users.

If you don't think a year of development between 2.33 and 3.1 is worth pressing a single button then I'm not sure what I can tell you. Also we have a support email which I usually answer during the day in minutes if not seconds.

Ahanysz, yes exactly, you said it correctly in fewer words.

Mrsugmad, NO! If you have 3.0 then 3.1 is not $25 it is FREE !

If you bought Fathom Pro before the 3.0 release then Fathom Pro AVX is Free.

What are you talking about the key does not work? I have not changed the unzip code in over a year. It is the same.

Anyway, I sent out all the update emails last night to the normal Fathom Pro users and it includes the download link for Fathom Pro AVX, plus the password and info on Fathom Vector.

If anyone did not get it let me know.

Nice Update! FathomFX ... A modular FX-Unit. Wow! Nice to have your good FX available to other stuff as well :tu:

Thanks. I'm really glad to hear that.

I'm fully capable of imagining such things :scared: , but it seems to me like the presets load faster in the new version, and the cpu gets a lot more done before dreaming it's somehow become an i9 :wink:

Congrats on another fine release. Each new version is more fun to play than the last one :party:

Thanks.

I've really been impressed by the response for this latest release 3.0. I was curious so I did a web search of Fathom Vector and there is a lot of web sites reporting the release.

Thank you for sending the email reminder to all owners of Fathom Pro. I have been a bit distracted by other shiny toys lately so didn’t realize the AVX version was free.

:hug:
바보

Return to “Instruments”