Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Thanks for the calculation, good to keep in mind.

Yeah, think you are right about the signalflow. It indeed would be nice if we could reorganize internally or have the components separately. It would make it even more powerful. That would mean we need more space, or some zoom facility built in (like synthmaker/flowstone for example). I did ask for more room to place stuff early in the development of Fathon, but that wasn’t picked up by Everett.

kjk
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 pm I went to install this the other day and was pleasantly surprised

Oh, it's available for PC as well as Mac, too!

So there is that...

:party:
It works fine in several linux-wine-reaper setups I use, so there's that also...
Hints at excellent coding if you ask me :hihi:
Fathom :party: indeed...

All one fathom preset:
DancingWithMissPoly.mp3.zip

I'm buyin an i9 when someone finally someone shoots that :dog: groundhog :dog:
:hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have not been back to the thread in a while but I came back to announce the latest Fathom Vector release. Wow, what a pleasant surprise to read Codec's review. Many thanks for your kind words. Fathom appreciates it very much. It is always so rewarding to hear when Fathom is functioning as designed for musicians obsessed with sound design.

The latest release 3.3 is now available on the web site.
For Fathom Pro this is just a few bug fixes.
But for Fathom Vector a major new feature has been added with the new GUI Designer.

There are some screenshots here showing the power of the GUI Designer.
https://www.fathomsynth.com/news

Does any version of fathom work with the new apple silicon mac's?
I couldn't find any mention of big sur in this thread or on the website.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

GUI Designer, wow! I like the Tolex design the most.

Kypresso wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:16 am Does any version of fathom work with the new apple silicon mac's?
I couldn't find any mention of big sur in this thread or on the website.
First I would like to know if the vector enhancements work on mac. I left Fathom in my virtual drawer for a while. The non avx versions had been too heavy on my 10-core Mac Pro...

FathomSynth wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 am
There are some screenshots here showing the power of the GUI Designer.
Awesome, some really sweet colors there. Thanks!

Ok, glad u like the default skins. You can create your own, up to 16 presets, and share them.

Sorry, Mac Xcode will not compile C++ AVX code so there is no intel acceleration on Mac. But Mac still has metamorphic oscillator.

FathomSynth wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 am I have not been back to the thread in a while...
If it were NFL football, the score would be:

Fathom-Dedication-Confidence-Results 42
Chatter.............................................3

NI and the like should watch :scared: and learn :hyper:

Haha, I assure you no one will be learning from this project unless they want to know how not to run a company. If you mean just looking at fathom itself as a product, yes, that could be useful.

A couple years ago there was a big fiasco, which we can’t talk about here, and most everyone here on kvr pretty much disowned me, including essentially every review site. Which is why you will almost never hear about fathom outside this thread and a couple other threads, despite fathoms massive features. Fortunately fathom’s cult following and a few faithful users and serious sound designers keep it going.

One problem was that someone started a thread saying the project was done which of course was bs. But kvr froze that thread before I had a chance to respond. But they keep the thread visible and frozen so thousands of ppl think fathom is on the verge of extinction even though there is years worth of dev still planed.

Also when ppl constantly complain here about the update process it makes the project look bad to new users who then pass on it.

The single biggest hit we took recently was the thread on fathom’s sound. I’ve had literally thousands of ppl write to me telling me fathom has the best sound of any synth they ever owned but a single user ended that thread saying he thought the sound was substandard. Then no one responded and now the end of that thread is the only thing ppl see if they search kvr for fathom’s sound.

So the bottom line is that kvr provides a massive power for marketing a good product but it also provides a very easy mechanism for one or two users to kill a project.

I was thinking of releasing fathom vector here on kvr to make a completely fresh start but it’s just too risky if a single user or thread can kill that product as well so I decided to just keep vector safe and grow it slowly and privately.

Fortunately I am infinitely stubborn and will continue to add features to fathom for years to come for our serious users long after the entire industry has forgotten about us.

Anyway, needed to get that off my chest.

So, as you can see no one will be copying fathom’s product strategy anytime soon unless they only look at the instrument itself.

It's a fine instrument. Keep it rolling!!! :clap:

And several months ago I went ahead and purchased the film score bundle to get some more Fathom sounds. I like to see what others have done to design sounds. Very inspiring!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Hi Everett,
maybe today I am a little confused, but I don't find the link to download the update, the site seems to me a little bit confusing.
Where is located Fathom Vector 3.03 download?
Thanks
Luciano

EDIT: my bad, I have just bought the update; thank you Everett for your piece of art.By the way, may we have a Vst3 version? Please!

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:44 am
The single biggest hit we took recently was the thread on fathom’s sound. I’ve had literally thousands of ppl write to me telling me fathom has the best sound of any synth they ever owned but a single user ended that thread saying he thought the sound was substandard. Then no one responded and now the end of that thread is the only thing ppl see if they search kvr for fathom’s sound.
Strange, when I do a quick search here on those keywords am getting zero results.
FathomSynth wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:44 am So the bottom line is that kvr provides a massive power for marketing a good product but it also provides a very easy mechanism for one or two users to kill a project.
Hmm, with great power comes great responsibilities.. KVR..
It's odd how some random comment can do that, by just demoing Fathom anyone can hear it's quality..

Kvr is not so evil :lol:
Your synth is on par with the big names (U-he, Synapse, TAL ...), so set the price accordingly and everything will be fine :love:
Rework your web site again, this second version is better but not on par
Update your Youtube channel frequently

Return to “Instruments”