Plugin Boutique's Carbon Electra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Carbon Electra Tantra

Quite happy with this purchase and the price is in the sweet-spot. So far, I'm finding the sonics to be quite good.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

twal wrote:How really is the envelope step sequencer; is it pretty unique compared to other synths?
The step envelope in Carbon Electra is well-implemented. It is the prominent feature on several presets, as a step sequencer for musical (or non-musical) sequences and as a step generator that can be used to modulate some of the synth's parameters. Cakewalk's Rapture synth includes a step generator, but I think Carbon Electra's is easier to use and provides many different shape types to choose from for each step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwPKvEiLY0

However, for other synths, there is Dmitry Sches Audio's Tantra VST plug-in, which can pretty much accomplish the same step generator type effects on the audio output and so much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiRmbCrnEpM
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

ADD SCROLL WHEEL AND MAC TRACKPAD SCROLL SUPPORT PLEASE Plugin Boutique

I don't like this synth, compared to all my other synth, this one sounds crappy. But the carl cox presets are realy nice, is anyone able to transfer it to an other synth ? Tried yesterday spire without success. Or can you recomand one synth, where the sequencer for notes and filter can be used similar ?

sacer wrote:I don't like this synth, compared to all my other synth, this one sounds crappy. But the carl cox presets are realy nice, is anyone able to transfer it to an other synth ? Tried yesterday spire without success. Or can you recomand one synth, where the sequencer for notes and filter can be used similar ?
May I make a suggestion? Take a step back and think about what you just said. You say the synth sounds crappy and yet you say the Carl Cox presets are really nice. How can they be nice if the synth sounds crappy. Either they really don't sound nice or the synth doesn't sound crappy. If one person can get nice sounds out of it then it stands to reason that others can get nice sounds out of it. And if that's true, the synth doesn't have to sound crappy. So maybe the problem is with the sound designer and not the synth.

I just started using it the other day and I think it sounds fine. Greatest sounding synth I own? No. But for $30 I don't expect it to sound as good as Omnisphere. For what it is, it's a decent sounding synth and I find nothing about it that makes it sound "crappy."

But I will check out Carl Cox's presets to see what it is about them that makes them stand out above the others. A little reverse engineering should give me a pretty good clue as to why.

some people, really
Last edited by sqigls on Thu May 04, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZaBong69 wrote: Direct competitors with that "one page has it all" GUI would be Sylenth, Hive, and Synthmaster One, but each of these is both more powerful and more expensive.

Hope that helps,

K
Helps alot, it means I don't need to buy this, given I have two of those three.
Music for films that will never be made
sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

inboxzero wrote:
ZaBong69 wrote: Direct competitors with that "one page has it all" GUI would be Sylenth, Hive, and Synthmaster One, but each of these is both more powerful and more expensive.

Hope that helps,

K
Helps alot, it means I don't need to buy this, given I have two of those three.
Oh, you already have two. That means you are over your limit for this type of synth anyway. Might as well buy this one too.

Miller Sam thanks, I enjoyed watching this video before Cheerio time this morning. "Mixer for food"- gotta love the subtitles on youtube. I really like the bass, and I can see the step-sequencer being useful and it's very inspiring. The synth sounds very musical I can see why musicians like this. Might get it. Its cheap and probably the simplicity allows it to 'sit in the mixerfoodroflburger'. How's the cpu?

EDIT: in the end you explain that it's low on CPU. That means I can have a lot of instances 'sitting in the mixerfoodroflburger'.
:party: :party: :party:

does anybody know of any available soundbanks for Carbon Electra, outside of Plugin Boutique?

sqigls wrote:does anybody know of any available soundbanks for Carbon Electra, outside of Plugin Boutique?
I'll be releasing mine in July.

I've switched off ALL LFO modulation for the cutoff frequency in my patch, yet I'm still hearing cutoff modulation.
What might be happening? Driving me nuts.

cepgènameTrip WobblectgrBass 1parsH
@¡¿¡`èB>@¡ÖÎæÄ?¿¡@@333?`?
C?è¬U?ÜΗ>Ò=¿uµ>Ä?)\=d^W>
W?¨ô>@?∑¢‚>*\>¨ô>Ä>??@Ä>??@˜4B??Ä?Ä?@Ä?ÕÃÃ>?öôô>???Ä??Ä>Ä?Ä?z.>¬uè>Ä?q}ó>Ä?Ä?Ä?Ù(‹>8
W>R∏>ÃÃ?{?»AÄAÄ?Ä?Ä?Ä????Ä?@step

sqigls wrote:I've switched off ALL LFO modulation for the cutoff frequency in my patch, yet I'm still hearing cutoff modulation.
What might be happening? Driving me nuts.
Does that synth have an Init patch you can load to compare to your own?

it's a bug of some sort.
each time i save then close and reload my track, the patch reverts to the factory preset that i initially tweaked to make my own sound.
It seems to recall if i save it to my own patch in the user library, but very annoying. Lost all my work.
Still waiting for track-pad scroll support for Mac too, this synth is all deep clicks and such a carpel tunnel slut to program. As much as I love the sound of it, it's such a pain.

Please check your email/PM.

Return to “Instruments”