Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
fanodu1
KVRist
83 posts since 3 Jun, 2017

Post Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Increasing your buffer helps too. I think lush and huge sounding pads is something Diversion does especially well, which is in no small part owed to it's great built-in effects.

chk071
KVRAF
22457 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:09 am

Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.

Oh, he also mentioned that Diversion 2 will have a reworked engine, and uses the new plugin framework he developed, which the "new synth" i mentioned also will use. Surely will take a while until Diversion 2 will be released though.

recursive one
KVRAF
4317 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 am

chk071 wrote:Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.
Please, not yet another analog monosynth
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

chk071
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:47 am

Lol. :D

Thinking about it, you may have a point actually... relatively short development time, i guess. May just be another Minimoog emu? :D

Just kidding, i have no idea what it will be. But, hey, if it is an Oberheim emu, i wouldn't complain at all. :)

starflakeprj
KVRian
1198 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:13 am

And after the monosynth he will be releasing a tape emulation plugin :hihi:
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | Windows 10 Pro | Arturia AudioFuse | Arturia KeyLab mkII | Studio One 4.5 | Reason 10.4 | Bitwig Studio 3.00 | Reaper 5.978 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 20.5 | 500+ VSTs | 200+ REs

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12921 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 am

chk071 wrote:Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.

Oh, he also mentioned that Diversion 2 will have a reworked engine, and uses the new plugin framework he developed, which the "new synth" i mentioned also will use. Surely will take a while until Diversion 2 will be released though.
I don't think you should publish contents of emails here, emails are deemed private conversation.

Synthman2000
KVRian
615 posts since 27 Apr, 2016

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:39 am

Well I am pleased to hear of a new synth and a possible update. I like the small developer that packs a big punch with their products. I very much like Diversion, good sound quality, always classy in a mix and holds up to any other VSTi IMO. Has a tone and sonic stature that makes easy work of blending into the kind of sonic scapes I end up making. GUI controls feel a little small at times and a little lacking in resolution but I prefer a good sound engine over that kind of detail and it does not disappoint. It would be nice to see an improvement in tracking and tightness of the faster LFO rates for Diversion 2.

All in all a good and powerful synth and interesting to hear a new synth is forthcoming.

chk071
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:

I don't think you should publish contents of emails here, emails are deemed private conversation.
Mmh... so I guess every newsletter is deemed private conversation too then? Frankly, I doubt that he minds. He's a very nice person. It's just that he, IMO, sells his synths a bit short, by not making much fuss about them.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 am

Well, a newsletter is sent to many people on a mailing list and not a personalized reply to one specific person.
If someone posted contents of a mail of mine on a message board, I would be really pissed :P

chk071
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am

Why did he mention it then in the first place? It's not like we're best buddies, and he tells me the most intimate details. It was a info for a customer, and I don't think he would have told me if it is so secret.

Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:19 am

chk071 wrote:Why did he mention it then in the first place? It's not like we're best buddies, and he tells me the most intimate details. It was a info for a customer, and I don't think he would have told me if it is so secret.
+1 I agree with you

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

Well, let's hope he doesn't mind. I surely expect every personalized mail I write to remain confidential :)

Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:I surely expect every personalized mail I write to remain confidential :)
And you are a plugin developer?

zvenx
KVRAF
7244 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

chk071 wrote:Why did he mention it then in the first place? It's not like we're best buddies, and he tells me the most intimate details. It was a info for a customer, and I don't think he would have told me if it is so secret.

Sorry have to disagree with you here. I think internet etiquette are PM's and emails expect a level of privacy.
Surely Dmitry's kvr account hasn't been banned and if he wanted to announce it, he easily could.
I often have convos with developers in which they share stuff with me which I have never revealed without their permission.
I actually had a recent interaction which made me realise that indeed it may be not everyone having this view.
I beta test for quite a few companies, and shared that with one developer in what I considered a private email when I was having an issue with his software and a product that had been publicly announced and at the cusp of being released. He then went on his company's forum and declared I was a beta tester....... I was shocked and pissed. Fortunately I emailed him and beyond him being defensive (he didnt' consider his developer's forum public although anyone who both his product could register), he removed it. I haven't emailed him ever since and probably will never buy another product from him.

But I think many of us, if not most, do expect private correspondences to remain, private.
rsp
sound sculptist

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I surely expect every personalized mail I write to remain confidential :)
And you are a plugin developer?
No, but that's irrelevant.

Return to “Instruments”