Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 am

1) If I wrote to a plugin developer and asked for help about finding true love and happiness in the present day (or something like that). And the dev replied with advice, I wouldn't share it in a public forum.

2) However if I wrote to a plugin developer asking about status of their latest update, or new plugs. And the dev replied about that, of course I would share it in a public forum.

The first is a personal issue, the second is a business/trade issue.

User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
7244 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am

Numanoid wrote:M
2) However if I wrote to a plugin developer asking about status of their latest update, or new plugs. And the dev replied about that, of course I would share it in a public forum.

The first is a personal issue, the second is a business/trade issue.
You don't think you should at least ask them if it is ok to share
Rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:34 am

I would take for granted they would be happy that anybody shared it. In business there is no publicity that is bad publicity as far as I know, and some free publicity is even better.

Psyclapse
KVRist
220 posts since 8 Jul, 2004 from UK

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:38 am

Personally I wouldn't share the contents of a private email on a public forum without asking the sender first.

OTH its really up to the sender of the email to include in their email sig: "this email is confidential for the addressee only" if the sender is treating it that way.

User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am

And who will be the loser if that new synth never materialize?

It will not be DS because he can just say that chk071 quoted him out of context, or just deny in general that any correspondence took place.

By posting this chk071 is the guarantist for the new synth happening, it is he who will have to take the scorn if it doesn't come true during the next months :wink:
chk071 wrote:Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12921 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:42 am

Who said it was business? And who said business mails are less confidential and private? I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.

I remember exchanging mails with a few developers over the years, I never shared any information they gave me.

User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:45 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.
So you are saying that chk071 is in a business relationship with DS, and not an interested customer ?

As I understand DS is in the business of making plugins. When he makes a comment about his plugins to a customer, it is a business/professional issue, not a personal one.

chk071
KVRAF
22457 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:48 am

I don't have a private relationship with the developer. And please let's not blow this out of proportion.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12921 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:50 am

Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.
So you are saying that chk071 is in a business relationship with DS, and not an interested customer ?

As I understand DS is in the business of making plugins. When he makes a comment about his plugins to a customer, it is a business/professional issue, not a personal one.
Like it or not, it is totally irrelevant. A personalized mail is private mail. If a developer has something to say to the public, he will do so on his site, FB, KVR etc.

User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 am

chk071 wrote:And please let's not blow this out of proportion.
+1

I just see a lot of users who should not apply for a job in a newspaper :D

I think most users come to KVR to get the latest news/gossip about plugs :wink:

User avatar
Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2754 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:54 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:
chk071 wrote:Adding to the topic, Dmitry mentioned in an email that he has a new synth in the pipeline to be released in the next months. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it here, can't help it. :D Really thrilled to see what it's like. He wrote that it'd be released in September/October.

Oh, he also mentioned that Diversion 2 will have a reworked engine, and uses the new plugin framework he developed, which the "new synth" i mentioned also will use. Surely will take a while until Diversion 2 will be released though.
I don't think you should publish contents of emails here, emails are deemed private conversation.
I asked if I can publish the info and that was ok. He's not stupid and I have hard time to believe that he'd share anything "secret" with some random email asker.

But it's good thing that his products/upcoming products bring up conversation.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12921 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 am

You asked, that was the right thing to do, just to be on the safe side.

User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
25895 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:59 am

Distorted Horizon wrote:He's not stupid and I have hard time to believe that he'd share anything "secret" with some random email asker.
+1

chk071
KVRAF
22457 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:25 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I get a lot of business mail because of my job, and I am automatically bound by implied non-disclosure agreements. It is so standard there, it doesn't even have to be mentioned.
So you are saying that chk071 is in a business relationship with DS, and not an interested customer ?

As I understand DS is in the business of making plugins. When he makes a comment about his plugins to a customer, it is a business/professional issue, not a personal one.
Like it or not, it is totally irrelevant. A personalized mail is private mail. If a developer has something to say to the public, he will do so on his site, FB, KVR etc.
Actually, thinking about it, you're right, i shouldn't have done it. It's done now, so i can't revert it. Frankly though, i honestly believe that Dmitry and his products deserve more attention, not less.

xx JPRacer xx
KVRAF
2025 posts since 25 Jun, 2008 from Montreal, Canada

Re: Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Glad to know a new synth from him is coming in September/October. At least I'll be able to keep some money in reserve for it.

Return to “Instruments”