One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi (J.Ruegg wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
doctorbob
KVRian
1139 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Post Fri May 05, 2017 6:55 am

generaldiomedes wrote:This synth is quite nice once you really get into it, although the sonic palette is a bit limited.
Trouble is, my host, Reaper, just crashes as soon as I move a slider to change a parameter! So, can't get into it at all ... never had an issue with any other synth like this ...

32-bit AND 64-bit

Cheers,

dB

nickamandote
KVRist
401 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Re: One Synth Challenge #99: vst2413 by Keijiro Takahashi

Post Fri May 05, 2017 6:56 am

So far no issues in FL Studio using the original files... am I so lucky or what

baalisoda
KVRist
147 posts since 7 Apr, 2017 from Vellore, Tamilnadu, India

Post Fri May 05, 2017 7:30 am

nickamandote wrote:So far no issues in FL Studio using the original files... am I so lucky or what
Me too had no problem whatsoever with the original files on FL Studio 12 (Windows 10 Pro OS). In my case, I have made use of factory presets (VST2413P version for making a simple down-tempo melancholic melody based track for this month's contest) instead of creating new ones (i was struggling to create half decent sounding ones with S version), though. Below is the track that i have made with factory presets.
baalisoda wrote: This is my entry for OSC#99

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/baalis ... d-old-days

Frostline
KVRist
323 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Post Fri May 05, 2017 8:29 am

doctorbob wrote:I just might have to find a host which plays the midi files I prepare - freeze each track and import into Reaper for mixing - might be the only way to do a track for me ...

dB
Are we allowed to do something like that?
Because I was able to get the synth to work in the MuLab demo but the demo was too restrictive on the number of tracks and VSTs. Plus really couldn't get my mind around how things work in MuLab and my Panorama does not natively support the features of it.
But it would be good to know if that bouncing out of MuLab (or Rewire or something) to mix in Reaper could be an option to try.
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

ssj71
KVRer
26 posts since 16 Nov, 2015

Post Fri May 05, 2017 8:35 am

Taron wrote: Anyway, I promise, I will have a go at the github stuff. I think, I have an account already, so that part should be fine, hehehe.
I wonder, if the original developer is still active?! :shrug:
I don't have a lot of time to dig into this project specifically, but if you have git questions you can hit me up. I use it daily for work. Though really you can just google most stuff.

I submitted a pull request for the linux build but there hasn't been any response so it may very well be a dead project. If you fork it I can submit a pull request to you for the linux build and yours can become the one everybody uses. :)
This seems like a fun little chip/synth. I wish I had more time to do a track!

doctorbob
KVRian

Post Fri May 05, 2017 11:32 am

Frostline wrote:
doctorbob wrote:I just might have to find a host which plays the midi files I prepare - freeze each track and import into Reaper for mixing - might be the only way to do a track for me ...
dB
Are we allowed to do something like that?
I do hope we can, at least we are doing a workround to cope with the buggy beast - and therefore might a have a fighting chance of creating a track.

Perhaps Brian could rule on this one?

I might try ReWire-ing FLS in Reaper and see if that works - but I have had FS sitting around for yedars, and haven't really got my head around it ... for me it's super UN-intuitive (sorry FLS enthusiasts!).

dB

Taron
KVRAF
2197 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Fri May 05, 2017 12:58 pm

I believe, I have fixed a potential crash when adding a new instance:
www.taron.de/Storage/vst/vst2413_updates.rar

It behaves totally solid for me right now, when it comes to adding new instances. At least for the moment. Amazingly, he never actually was setting default values for all parameters, assuming they'd be zero when creating an instance. Instead all kinds of havoc happens by chance. This is now fixed! 8)

doctorbob
KVRian

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 pm

In MY Reaper64, the 64-bit versions still crash after a few slider movements. Not even looping, just moving the sliders. Oh well ... I'll just have to knuckle down and see if I can get FL into my head.

Cheers, and thanks for all your hard work taron! Much appreciated :tu: :clap:

dB

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12059 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:14 pm

Why on Earth has that user-hostile nuisance of a synth been picked for an osc?! 8)

Taron
KVRAF

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:26 pm

...for the soul purpose of allowing me to do my first mac compile! Would Zen suggest! :lol: :hyper:

rghvdberg
KVRian
648 posts since 11 Mar, 2014 from Netherlands

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why on Earth has that user-hostile nuisance of a synth been picked for an osc?! 8)
GUI are for the weak ;-) :borg:

rghvdberg
KVRian
648 posts since 11 Mar, 2014 from Netherlands

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:34 pm

doctorbob wrote:In MY Reaper64, the 64-bit versions still crash after a few slider movements. Not even looping, just moving the sliders. Oh well ... I'll just have to knuckle down and see if I can get FL into my head.

Cheers, and thanks for all your hard work taron! Much appreciated :tu: :clap:

dB
DoctorBob + FL Studio = BobStep!

doctorbob
KVRian

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:47 pm

rghvdberg wrote: ... DoctorBob + FL Studio = BobStep!
Well, if I can do it, it's gonna have to be a crying blues ... boo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!
dB

Taron
KVRAF

Post Fri May 05, 2017 1:55 pm

wOW, I'd be very much looking forward to that mixture! :D :phones:

generaldiomedes
KVRian
502 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Post Fri May 05, 2017 5:03 pm

zerofox97 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/vst24 ... pt/s-p19sm
This synth definitely can't do plucks, but hey, I tried.
i think i have some decent plucks figured out, but pads .. :?: :bang:

Return to “Instruments”