Getting Hive?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

ghettosynth wrote:...Ergonomics is a fine thing to discuss, but that isn't what the OP asked. He's talking about sound and while extremes of ergonomics can limit sound practically speaking, I don't think that's the case here.
Not really no but I do get tired of Omnisphere's layout and all the clicking and right-clicking. Hope they will bring a more up-to-date update soon.

ghettosynth wrote:
aumordia wrote:*tosses hair*
I'd do that but most of mine is gone. I can brush a few wisps to the side though...while rolling my eyes...I do that a lot...roll my eyes I mean.
:lol:

It's not the tools you have, it's all in how you use them. :lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

ghettosynth wrote:
I'd do that but most of mine is gone. I can brush a few wisps to the side though...while rolling my eyes...I do that a lot...roll my eyes I mean.
Your hair sounds thin... Or maybe the user just hasn't tweaked it right :clown:

nineofkings wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Should not have used a comb filter on your hair :roll:

nineofkings wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Yes, it was thick when I was thin, now it's thin, and well, I think you know the rest of the story.

It's that time again - I need no hair (so I shaved it off)
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Tosser :hihi:

I bet you could make that sound in Hive. :phones:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Oh dear... Hive really is great... :phones: 8)

It blends in perfectly with my Diva tracks and has a more bright digital sound overall but can sound almost like Diva in some of the patches. I really like it's sound - it's hard to describe but it's kind of soft and bright but very crispy too and there are so many fine timbres there among the presets. It seems to be great for layering as Urs and some of you spoke about since I easily added three instances of Hive to my track.

Soarer wrote:Oh dear... Hive really is great... :phones: 8)

It blends in perfectly with my Diva tracks and has a more bright digital sound overall but can sound almost like Diva in some of the patches. I really like it's sound - it's hard to describe but it's kind of soft and bright but very crispy too and there are so many fine timbres there among the presets. It seems to be great for layering as Urs and some of you spoke about since I easily added three instances of Hive to my track.
Well there you go, (somebody stop me, my eyes are rolling again). Sounds like it's for you.

Keep your credit card out, you're going to have that experience quite a bit over the next few years.

ghettosynth wrote:(somebody stop me, my eyes are rolling again)
Don't tell me... "ear superiority complex"? :ud:

Yeah that was a bit arrogant :wink:
GhettoSynth please suggest a better soft synth or one that you think would serve me better.

Hey if it works for you, for sure use it.

While Omni 2 can do supersaw and similar stuff, its RAM overhead is quite a bit greater than that of Hive, and CPU-wise Hive is more efficient, too. So it has its merits.

EvilDragon wrote:Hey if it works for you, for sure use it.

While Omni 2 can do supersaw and similar stuff, its RAM overhead is quite a bit greater than that of Hive, and CPU-wise Hive is more efficient, too. So it has its merits.
Hive is also very fast and there is little tabbing needed. Pretty much a one window interface.

Soarer wrote:Yeah that was a bit arrogant :wink:
GhettoSynth please suggest a better soft synth or one that you think would serve me better.
If you like that one, it will serve you fine. I just think that what you said could be said about virtually all commercial soft synths. There's nothing wrong with Hive, per se, but based on your original post and what you have, I would not have predicted that you would be so enthusiastic about it. It will cover much of the same ground as Omnisphere, or vice versa, with respect to your stated interests. I feel that you'd probably like any synth that you thought that you might be interested in.

It's not "ear superiority complex", if you're looking for arrogance, look at that assumption. It's that you lead this by stating that you were interested in different directions and then chose something that has a lot in common with what you already have and doesn't add much with respect to the genres that you said you were interested in.

If you actually want my advice, I'd suggest on working on articulating what you want from gear and what you like and don't like about it more clearly in technical terms. That will help people give you better recommendations. I really have no synth suggestions to give you given your original post and the fact that you think Hive is the bee's knees. It sounds like what you really "need" right now is a low-cpu synth with a less fragmented U/I that may cover some of the same ground as Omnisphere, and Hive is that.

It sounds like what you really "need" right now is a low-cpu synth with a less fragmented U/I that may cover some of the same ground as Omnisphere, and Hive is that
Nailed it!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”