Any news on Massive 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive

dune_rave wrote:They can't update it, and even if they did, many other developers have newer, more modern wavetable synths, so I bet NI won't even try to release new versions of their legacy synths. Same goes to fm8 and absynth.
forget it
Yes, but, there is something that will be included in the next release of Komplete called "Massive X." AFAIK, NI has two products with the Massive name. The synth that everyone knows about and a Reaktor ensemble that is a completely different thing. So we're all speculating on whether Massive X is somehow a new version of Massive (the synth), or some other product not related to Massive (the synth), and how they might be related.

I agree, I don't think that there's much hope for their old line of products, they seemed to have abandoned them and are not turning back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FblVahwLlM8

maybe Massive X will be a sample-based player for downloads of wav files from sounds.com
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Yeah, highly doubt it.

Weird, why not leverage that Massive or Absynth are still regognised products? I’d happily pay for updates

Massive is definitely a cool synth. If they'd up the sound engine a bit, and add some nice wavetables, it'd surely be a winner.

Maybe it's just too much work to go from a basic installer
that even works in linux-wine, to some convoluted
morasse of Native Access, iso images, and collecting
as much from the users data as the law allows.
And all that has yet to touch the synth parts that might
be made 2019-ready.

Probably they think breaking even would be the best possible
outcome, but that's not why most people run a business.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:Maybe it's just too much work to go from a basic installer
that even works in linux-wine, to some convoluted
morasse of Native Access, iso images, and collecting
as much from the users data as the law allows.
And all that has yet to touch the synth parts that might
be made 2019-ready.

Probably they think breaking even would be the best possible
outcome, but that's not why most people run a business.
Cheers
NI is like adobe; they put files everywhere (shudder).

NI actually does follow MS/Apple guidelines where which files are supposed to go on your system.

EvilDragon wrote:NI actually does follow MS/Apple guidelines where which files are supposed to go on your system.
my 3rd-party plugins put files in very-specific places; i expect that. adobe & NI go much further, putting files in many specific places. personally, i find it a mess (especially when troubleshooting, or migrating 'manually' to a new mac). but, to be fair, most of the time we don't need to visit those places, and, at the end of the day, i just want my apps to work (which adobe & NI apps mostly do); work, that is. 8)

Just wondering, but, which folders are that? There are folders set in Native Access where it installs plugins, and additional files, there are folders under AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming (for Native Access only) in the user folder, and there's a folder in Documents, where the user specific files, presets, ensembles and Reaktor and all that go. No real surprises there.

chk071 wrote:Just wondering, but, which folders are that? There are folders set in Native Access where it installs plugins, and additional files, there are folders under AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming (for Native Access only) in the user folder, and there's a folder in Documents, where the user specific files, presets, ensembles and Reaktor and all that go. No real surprises there.
i actually removed NI stuff a few years ago, when i abandoned massive & FM8; there were files in more places than any other 3rd-party plugins i use; just seems a bit over-the-top (but easyfind helped me clear it all up).

wetdentist wrote:maybe Massive X will be a sample-based player for downloads of wav files from sounds.com
I doubt that.I can't imagine why they would use the name yet again for something different. I was only joking above, I'm pretty sure that this is related to Massive, the synthesizer.

ghettosynth wrote:
wetdentist wrote:maybe Massive X will be a sample-based player for downloads of wav files from sounds.com
I doubt that.I can't imagine why they would use the name yet again for something different. I was only joking above, I'm pretty sure that this is related to Massive, the synthesizer.
i'm kinda joking as well. but NI does seem to put a lot more effort, these days, into sample-oriented products, rather than spending time updating software that needs fixing.
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

EvilDragon wrote:NI actually does follow MS/Apple guidelines where which files are supposed to go on your system.
Therin lies much of the problem in virtual installations.
Wusikstation put everything in one folder, Reaper can go portable,
and then there is the scattergun approach, which I believe
was invented by microsoft back when their coders
were still paid by the line of code :dog: We're lucky
their greed stopped just short of insanity :hyper:

But sometime back in Windows 7, the "Documents" folder which used to be "My Documents" got taken over by all the software vendors. What's up with that?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

Return to “Instruments”