Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

braj wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
braj wrote:IK probably loses more money by pissing off current and potential customers than they ever make off these download fees.
I agree that IK is the last jackass on the block regarding these stupid download fees. They really need to get a clue!
I own a copy of The Grid which I don't even remember buying during a group buy a few years ago, I don't recall ever downloading it, I back up all my IK stuff. I'd like to try it out, but I'm not going to spend $10 to do it. Because I shouldn't have to. It's just wrong they even charge anything to get access to your stuff, it is akin to holding them hostage. And I don't negotiate with hostage takers. Well, for my kid, maybe. Then they charge you to sell your stuff as well :tantrum:
If you feel you have a special case where you didn't download during the initial period, you can always contact IK Support and they are usually helpful about this sort of thing if the situation dictates. Thanks!

don1thedon wrote:
MikeCallon wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If anybody was still showing expired Syntronik downloads for this yesterday, please check again since I reported the issue (and thanks to those that reported directly) and it should all be fixed as of this morning.
Hi Peter,

My sounds show this :

Your sounds download access will expire in 0 days (registered on 2017-07-20)

Do I need to hassle support about this? (I've downloaded both bonus packs already so it's not critical). Should it get reset to 30 days if/when the next bonus pack comes along?
I have the same message but the sounds (& the bonus sounds) are actually available to be selected in the dropdown, a couple of days ago they were not available to be selected at all, so I am assuming they will now be available for next 30 days as Peter has indicated.
Also, on the matter of communication, I have received an email from IK advising of the bonus content. It is much clearer that this is further content and available to Syntronik owners. Thanks Peter for the swift actions.
I'll check with the IT department on the days remaining display. You're welcome, and I'll do my best to make sure updates and bonus content get their own emails outside of the promotional emails (there will be a few of the latter coming, due to NAMM announcements and all, though!).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
braj wrote:IK probably loses more money by pissing off current and potential customers than they ever make off these download fees.
I agree that IK is the last jackass on the block regarding these stupid download fees. They really need to get a clue!
I own a copy of The Grid which I don't even remember buying during a group buy a few years ago, I don't recall ever downloading it, I back up all my IK stuff. I'd like to try it out, but I'm not going to spend $10 to do it. Because I shouldn't have to. It's just wrong they even charge anything to get access to your stuff, it is akin to holding them hostage. And I don't negotiate with hostage takers. Well, for my kid, maybe. Then they charge you to sell your stuff as well :tantrum:
If you feel you have a special case where you didn't download during the initial period, you can always contact IK Support and they are usually helpful about this sort of thing if the situation dictates. Thanks!
But it really should not be a special case, I should just have access to whatever I have purchased. This all must cost you guys something in support to deal with all the issues related to downloads, and the hard to quantify losses in revenue from people that just don't want to deal with this limitation and choose a different vendor.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

The new SAM sounds: did IK forget to do the tag assignment? I installed and wanted to check success. I noted there were two new brass instruments. I filtered on SAM and Brass - nothing new shows up. Checking the non-filtered list, the presets were present. I didn't have time to check if this issue exists with all the other new presets, but one would assume a sound with "brass" or "horn" in the name would come up when filtering on the Brass category.

In the Syntronik UI, the filter for SAM Brass gives me 'Synth Brass Hop'. If I use the search box, I get that one again, plus 'Subdued Synth Brass'.

If I open up the SAM folder to the Brass category in the SampleTank 3 UI, I see three patches. The two above, plus a third called 'Stately Soft Horn'.

Seems there is some tagging, and the ST3 database seems to be the most effective.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I'm having the Project Manager look at this, please bear with us as he's also at NAMM (see our NAMM schedule if interested in following what's going on)

? about a recent promotional email.
Seems like we can get two synthtronic synths for $49.Is this true.
Can we demo the full version? I know about the free version people say there are differences between free and the full versions.

bill45 wrote:? about a recent promotional email.
Can we demo the full version? I know about the free version people say there are differences between free and the full versions.
Sorry I missed this. The current NAMM Slam promotion has $/€50 off any downloadable software purchase of 99+ so you'd get that taken off of a purchase of two of the Syntronik synths.

bill45 wrote:
The free version is the demo. Same program and features as the full version. The demo libraries are a sampler of the presets in the full instruments, but what you do get is fully functional. :tu:

The full version is obviously too large of a sample library to be downloaded as a demo as it is 47GB compressed. :D

How about allowing Syntronik to be a fx? It would be great to add value and appeal to the product by allowing the effects section to be used with other synths.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:How about allowing Syntronik to be a fx? It would be great to add value and appeal to the product by allowing the effects section to be used with other synths.
I like that idea! :tu:

Just add an audio input in Syntronik to bypass the oscillator section, then you could filter, modulate, and add affects to any audio signal.

Or just use the FX rack... :clap:

braj wrote:How about allowing Syntronik to be a fx? It would be great to add value and appeal to the product by allowing the effects section to be used with other synths.
+ 1

I read that there was a difference in sound between the free and full versions.
People say the free version doesn't sound as full.

bill45 wrote:I read that there was a difference in sound between the free and full versions.
People say the free version doesn't sound as full.
As I recall the free version uses some lighter sound sets, I guess that may be why, but I think it is more quantity is the difference really.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
bill45 wrote:? about a recent promotional email.
Sorry I missed this. The current NAMM Slam promotion has $/€50 off any downloadable software purchase of 99+ so you'd get that taken off of a purchase of two of the Syntronik synths.
Thanks Peter, Does the $50 off apply the the $149 crossgrade price for the full version of Syntronic.

Return to “Instruments”