A poll for Virus owners

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Do you need a softsynth emulating Virus?

- I have Virus and I'm fine with using it as a hardware synth, therefore I'm not interested in emulations
27%
- I have Virus and woud love to have a VSTi/AU emulation
23%
- I had Virus in the past and woud love to have a VSTi/AU emulation
35%
- I have Virus or had it in the past, not interested in emulations because there are more interesting software and hardware synths
15%

Total votes: 86

RELATED
PRODUCTS

v1o wrote:Has anyone done a Virus Sound bank for Spire yet?
Not to my knowledge, but, that'd be great.

+1 - Yes I'd be game for this. If they could sell it in the $350 to $450 range ( high for a plugin but worth it to me at this price)
xalama qo wrote:
The perfect scenario for me would be a native Virus VSTi by Access that also acts as a librarian and editor for the Virus TI

I had a virus once.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I had a virus once.
I figure that you made some strange noises at that time? :D

Yes. I was generous with it though, I passed it on to a few other people. :hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol:

I'd never thought about it before reading that article but the fact that the Virus is coded in assembly is pretty impressive. That's a lot of assembly code.

egbert101 wrote:
chk071 wrote:TBH, my latest experience demoing ANA 2 has once again shown me, that hardware synth still seem to have that extra little something soft synths just don't seem to have, even though they deliver "extra clean oscillators with high quailty anti-aliasing filtering", "zero delay feedback filters to closely mimic analog behavior", and "audio rate modulation", and all the fancy marketing buzz. Where's the character, dear devs? All is so fkn whitewashed these days.
Once again, character is in the playing, not in the synth. :hihi:
Actually character can be in the synthesis, this is without doubt. I closely align character with sound quality peronally. Any notes can be played with any synth, if the wrong synth/tone timbre/harmonics/quality/fidelity is chosen you will hear that.

Return to “Instruments”