is there anything else like xfer's nerve?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Kingsila
KVRer
9 posts since 9 Mar, 2019

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

Check out IVOK3 - 'house spirit' a new expansion for Xfer Nerve at
Www.evilglamour.com
You can watch the whole preset video
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡!!

dark water
KVRian
1228 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Re: is there anything else like xfer's nerve?

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:10 pm

Fwiw, and following up my and other people's responses in this thread from 2 years ago, the most recent Nerve beta (for registered owners) now has resizeable GUI. It works well.

Steve is now busily working on his forthcoming Nerve 2.
Should be excellent.
(I don't know any release date).

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2671 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:44 am

Maschine is great for drums and sampling. It has a nice selection of drum synths and a nice sample library included. Cheaper options include battery (no sequencer), many different kontakt libraries (kontakt is also pretty good at mangling anything you care to drop into it)
Stylus is more for loops, but if you have a large library of rx2 loops, you can convert them to stylus format and diddle them in real time. There are also tons of realtor creations for this sort of thing which makes that a possibility if you can deal with the workflow.
I use a combination of all of the above along with microtonic, and lots of other drum synths.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Razzia
KVRist
344 posts since 21 May, 2016

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:23 pm

dangayle wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:48 pm
Dasheesh wrote:your DAW.

someone had to say it.
This it the main reason I switched to Ableton. Drum racks FTW.
Drum rack + Push is like having the best drum sequencer ever. The immediacy and intuitiveness can’t be beat IMO, especially since the “library” consists of whatever you want it to, including synths, drum synths, samples, multitimbral instruments and anything else loaded into drum pads

Kingsila
KVRer
9 posts since 9 Mar, 2019

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:52 pm

IMO Xfer Nerve is still a weapon of choice for many producers, its a secret weapon and a complete hook monster and still very relevant in 2019.
Check out this new preset expansion pack i found its got some great House and Techno beats.

https://www.evilglamour.com/products/xf ... use-spirit

metaside
KVRist
121 posts since 11 Oct, 2012

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:04 pm

Using Nerve all the time (even though Breaktweaker and DAW options get some use, too), it's flexible and powerful yet still kinda feels slim and lightweight. Great to to make something quick and also to modify and tweak the samples without getting heavy on the CPU.

killmaster
KVRian
1119 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:24 pm

What about Blinksonic’s Reaktor ensembles Ruidoz, Substanz and Fr3tz? I love these the most for my tastes...

Return to “Instruments”