Omnisphere 2 and OS X Sierra installation / permissions problem

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Copying from DVD will probably mean the files are still set readonly, as posted above you need to change permissions to read write execute as appropriate - I suggest contacting Omnisphere support to find out what the correct permissions should be.

has anyone figured this out having trouble getting omnisphere to install correctly. destination select is being skipped. don't know how to manually install the updates

yuze wrote:can nobody help me with that? :/
The thing you have to have is either your name as the computer has it or 'Administrator' with the permission 'Read and Write', that is if your account is an Administrator account.

Go to the folder and get information and you see something like this
(this is cropped to show you the business end of this window):
Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 7.59.01 PM.png
I'm not necessarily advising you to give 'Everyone' read and write permissions, it's just the first folder under Library/Application Support/[vendor name] I ran across.

The fact that you placed it in the computer's 'Library' vs 'your name/Library' is not the issue, as this is the former and simply works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Use BatChmod application and activate permissions (R W X) on the STEAM folder. Make sure to enable "apply to enclosed folders and files"

RymZM wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:30 pm Use BatChmod application and activate permissions (R W X) on the STEAM folder. Make sure to enable "apply to enclosed folders and files"
Uh, you know you answered a 1.5 year old post? :(

Return to “Instruments”