Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
resistent
KVRist
423 posts since 14 Apr, 2008 from Beneath the surface

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 am

Hi, I've downloaded Ribs quite a time ago (of course I actually use Ribs 1.2.5) but got just recently the time to try it. And I must say it's a fantastic piece of software great work. Best granular tool as vst imho. But I can't get it to work with midi in Ableton Live 10.0.1 (Win7/64-bit). I read the manual how to configure and saw the video 'Ribs routing in Ableton Live' but had no success. I also tried the Live's 'External Instrument' to route midi to Ribs. Also audio in still not work. So I have to use Ribs in fx-mode. Still I'm missing something or is this a bug?

Edit 2.0 : Solved (almost] by my self :oops:

Thanks to Bill for the 'hint' I've got Ribs to work for me.
The above describe way still don't work but this is an easier solution anyway :hihi:

My chain is now (still Ableton Live 10)

(1) Midi Track -> External Instrument to Ribs
(2) Audio Track Audio Out to Midi Track -> Ribs Input3/4
(3) Voila

rael007 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:55 am
[...]

1) Create MIDI track and drop an audio sample into it, creating a Simpler (or Sampler).
2) Drop Ribs in the track after this instrument.
3) Select the newly created instrument and group it (Control/Command-G), creating an Instrument Rack with the instrument in it.
4) Open the chain list of the Instrument Rack and drop in an External Instrument to create a new chain.
5) In the External Instrument, set the Routing Target in the MIDI To dropdown to the current track (which may be called Instrument Rack, for example). Below that, it should have only one option for the channel (1-Ribs), which should be selected.
6) Arm the track for Arrangement Recording, or fill in notes in a MIDI clip, and use Ribs as you normally would. MIDI will be routed to both the Simpler/Sampler (which will produce audio to feed into Ribs) and to Ribs simultaneously.
[...]

Bill
LOVE*FIGHT*CREATE

1eqinfinity
KVRist
202 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Re: Ribs

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 am

@resisent I'm glad you've solved it! actually the workflow in the video should have worked.

Russell Grand
KVRAF
1656 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Edit: nevermind. 8)

dandezebra
KVRian
940 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:33 pm

What a tease! I thought, oooooo someone posted in the Ribs thread. I wonder what's new. Ha! :wink:

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23497 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Haha me too :hihi:

1eqinfinity
KVRist
202 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:32 am

Sorry guys, last several months I've been busy af. I was hoping to get into further developments somewhere around September, but then things changed a lot. Anyway, as I wrote (I hope I'm not hallucinating and I really did write) in Crust thread, the next updates in my plugins should be about preset management.

jue
KVRist
74 posts since 9 Dec, 2012

Post Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 am

Hello,
is there a possibility to load a wave file into ribs?
thankyou
jue
Located in the European Outback

ubailey
KVRist
58 posts since 4 Apr, 2017

Post Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 pm

I would have paid for this plugin.
UndramusiC.com

Return to “Instruments”