Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRist
316 posts since 3 Mar, 2014

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 am

pekbro wrote:Its controlled via midi. Send it audio and midi, it will then refill and you can play it.
Thats as far as I've gotten so far. Its pretty neat. Its showing 32 stereo inputs here
and a single stereo out. *working fine @ 48khz for me.

*Double click a tab to select it, then you can fill it.


-Cheers
Thanks! Now I got it working! No idea of some controls though, but I'm getting weird/beautiful sounds out of this...

KVRist

Topic Starter

226 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:51 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention the role of incoming MIDI notes! Yes, they do trigger filling of the buffers and playing the sound. I've updated the description.
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRAF
16257 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:32 am

parma wrote:+1 AU or Mac VST version
+ more for AU :tu:

User avatar
KVRAF
5712 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:34 am

1eqinfinity wrote:
stanlea wrote:Would it be possible to have a linux build ?
Never tried that, so I don't know yet :) And what format do you need?
LV2 or vst2 is fine. 64 bits.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

User avatar
KVRist
316 posts since 3 Mar, 2014

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:57 am

Btw, Ribs works with Wine and Reaper in Linux.

KVRAF
6582 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 am

1eqinfinity wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention the role of incoming MIDI notes! Yes, they do trigger filling of the buffers and playing the sound. I've updated the description.
One thing which can be misleading is that it is a VST effect, and not an instrument, so it's not often that we try to send mdi notes to an effect (of course, there are exceptions, like for Ribs, some other granular effects, vocoders and such).
Image

KVRian
698 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:13 am

works great at 96Khz in studio one, good job, it s a superb tool( i didn't test all the per notes possibility)

KVRist

Topic Starter

226 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:02 am

sinkmusic wrote:One thing which can be misleading is that it is a VST effect, and not an instrument, so it's not often that we try to send mdi notes to an effect (of course, there are exceptions, like for Ribs, some other granular effects, vocoders and such).
You're right that it belongs to the instruments more, but there's one reason not to do it - when marked as instruments, plugins pass the incoming audio through, and that's not how Ribs is ment to function. So I hope it's not a big problem.
Anyway thank you, it is the kind of feedback that I'm looking for :)

User avatar
KVRAF
5637 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:09 am

Cool! Will try it at once! :)
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

KVRAF
6582 posts since 28 Apr, 2004 from france

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:14 am

1eqinfinity wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:One thing which can be misleading is that it is a VST effect, and not an instrument, so it's not often that we try to send mdi notes to an effect (of course, there are exceptions, like for Ribs, some other granular effects, vocoders and such).
You're right that it belongs to the instruments more, but there's one reason not to do it - when marked as instruments, plugins pass the incoming audio through, and that's not how Ribs is ment to function. So I hope it's not a big problem.
Anyway thank you, it is the kind of feedback that I'm looking for :)
No, that is not a problem at all :)
Just something to mention clearly from the start if you consider making a PDF manual or a tutorial ;)
Image

User avatar
KVRAF
4714 posts since 2 Sep, 2005 from city of lights (nl)

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:55 am

Nice one, looking forward to trying Ribs :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't check here if you can't control yourself!

User avatar
KVRist
495 posts since 30 Dec, 2011 from Europe

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 am

Seems really cool, thanks for sharing it!
Will use it asap :tu:
Cheers :phones:

PTV
KVRAF
2200 posts since 5 Jan, 2006

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 am

Wow! Looks VERY interesting,Thanks!

KVRist
449 posts since 28 Jan, 2003

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:26 am

I'm all in for another tool in the granular toolbox. While I'm still wrapping my head around some of it I definitely got some insane sounds from it. Great job---

User avatar
KVRAF
3144 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Post Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:19 am

Looks good...add the sauce and good to go. Will test later :)
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine 2 • Virus TI • JD-XA • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x • SL1210MkIIs

Return to “Instruments”