V-Station updated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Station V-Station

I see that Novation has updated its plugins but can't find any info what has been changed. Or have I missed something?
No signature here!

Seeing this too. Just grabbed the update. Not sure what's different?

Well, as I can't see any release notes and its still couple of hours still I get back to my DAW computer I'm gonna speculate.

ZDF filters
Resizable hi-res supporting GUI
16x oversampling and super high quality mode
New component modeling technology for more accurate sound and analog warmth.
No signature here!

Thanks.
Alas, I don't think it is any of those though after downloading and installing. I think it is OS compatibility.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

ahahahaha you gonna be pretty f*ckin let down when you get to it man. None of that going on. Looks and sounds all the same to me.

I too have noticed it a little half-hour ago about my Bass-Station VST.

But for the moment I can't see anything in their website except the renewed download link. And their website has never shown any changelog for the least of their software products.

I assume that in fact they have probably only fixed some issues. It's been already two years that I had alerted them about a huge issue preventing me to reinstall the Bass-Station VST on my fresh new (two years ago) Windows 10. After a first reply very badly managed from their part to give me a sort of "support" (I put deliberately in quotes seen that pitiful support) they never gave any new reply to my alert, so I had promised to the technical support that I would never buy any more any product from them and that they would not have to hope to count on me to make them any positive feedback around me about them, at least concerning their so-called "technical support".

And yet... I'm someone known to be usually very kind...

I'm pretty sure that there are many users who made the same thing. Not only never buy a new product from them (albeit they have an excellent quality especially their hardware devices) but also openly talk around them about the so pitiful "technical support".

I don't know if it is the reason, but I think that it has taken fruits with the time and that they have AT LAST decided to solve the huge issues of their software synths. You imagine ? Several years without the least update to fix widely known issues... and not what we can name "small issues"!

So I'm going to try once more to reinstall my Bass-Station VST with that new version. But once more... they have a very strange behavior face to their customers if they keep on leaving their website without any changelog to at least inform their customers on what are the changes brought to the new versions.

Anyway, the Bass-Station VST is very humdrum... but at least if now I can AT LAST install it... then perhaps I will now revise my decisions to add their products in the balance when I purchase new hardware devices. Because it is evident that their MIDI controllers are among the best in their league.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Anyway, the Bass-Station VST is very humdrum... but at least if now I can AT LAST install it... then perhaps I will now revise my decisions to add their products in the balance when I purchase new hardware devices. Because it is evident that their MIDI controllers are among the best in their league.
I dunno man. Thought I'd pick up an impulse 61 the other day, got it last week and sent it right back. Felt nothing like an sl mk2. Just total crap keys and everything about it was cheap. Dunno about their other lines but that really changed my mind about buying anything novation.

Good for them , i can see it in my account.
From 17.07.17 ver 2.4

robotmonkey wrote:Well, as I can't see any release notes and its still couple of hours still I get back to my DAW computer I'm gonna speculate.

ZDF filters
LOL

Good one. :)

Edit: This is from their beta page:
Improvements in stability of installer and activation
Source: http://beta.novationmusic.com/

And that should be about it. V-Station, and Bass Station are very old software, and won't get any sound improving new features, or anything. Would be quite counterproductive anyway, because V-Station is supposed to be patch compatible with K-Station and A-Station. They didn't even up the polyphony, because of that.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Download for v2.4 is 3.5MB, while v2.3 is 3.4MB

So they must have added something extra...

v2.4 is VST3 and RTAS compatible, was that also included in v2.3 ?
Last edited by Numanoid on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:Download for v2.4 is 3.5MB, while v2.3 is 3.4MB

So they must have added something extra...
Yes, they have added +1 to the release number.
:lol:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

See the stuff i added to my post above. 0.1 MB is not a big change anyway.

I doubt that they will ever fix the existing bugs in the VST3, BTW. Surely doesn't sounds like they did with this update.

chk071 wrote: Edit: This is from their beta page:
And that should be about it.
Installed and can't see any difference except changed version number. Can confirm, definitely no added analog warmth. :x :shrug: :(

I guess we should be thankful for them to chance the version number once in a couple of years. It's not much, but still more than nothing.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
chk071 wrote: Edit: This is from their beta page:
And that should be about it.
Installed and can't see any difference except changed version number. Can confirm, definitely no added analog warmth. :x :shrug: :(
Basterds. :hihi:
robotmonkey wrote: I guess we should be thankful for them to chance the version number once in a couple of years. It's not much, but still more than nothing.
Yeah. I guess it's already outside the norm that they update the V- and Bass Station plugins since many years now. They broke quite a few things with the version 2 updates of the V-Station though, which were never fixed. Anyway, i'll check later if they maybe fixed a couple of those things with the new update. I wouldn't swear on it though.

robotmonkey wrote:

ZDF filters
i wish it was for real

Return to “Instruments”