Omnisphere 3 rumors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heard a rumor that Bruce Jenner was gonna become a woman.

Oh wait...never mind.

AnX wrote:
Sjefke wrote:
AnX wrote:
Sjefke wrote:I heared some rumors about the future of omnisphere..
Where did you hear them?
As if i was going to spend another single serious minute on this thread. After all the bloating.

But then, since at least a few people take this serious

It doesnt as much matter where i heared this, but the source was indicated as summer Namm.

If you want ppl to take you seriously, back up your claims. If you heard something, let us know who said.

Currently, you have no cred, so its no surprise the thread turned out to be a joke.
Take it or leave it..do with the information what you want.. take it for notice as what it is, a rumor.

But dont mock people for sharing information they have heard.

I even said they where rumors, never claimed them to be true, as i am obviously not in a position to verify them.

So where did you hear them? :P I think that's fair enough to ask, and to request to be stated. Otherwise this isn't really worth much, is it?

chk071 wrote:So where did you hear them? :P I think that's fair enough to ask, and to request to be stated. Otherwise this isn't really worth much, is it?
From a friend that visited summer Namm, and talked to a member of the spectrasonics family (no i dont know a name) post show in a bar.

As i said its a rumor.. and never stated this as a fact.

noiseboyuk wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:I heard they are going to "improve" the patch browser categories. Now they split up pads + strings to be just pads, which will have a strings like sub category and a strings category with a pad like sub category. They will also have a noise pad sub category under pads as well as a new ambient pad category under noisescape. Then under polysynth there will be a poly pads sub category and a new poly strings sub category. The Rhythmic category will be totally overhauled to include 8th note and 16th note and 1/4 note lfo sub categories, as well as rhythmic pads of all the above, as well as noisy arps. The arp section will get a distorted 1/4 note sub category and the distortion category will get an 1/8th note arp sub category as well as a 1/6th note lfo rhythmic sub category.

This should all help us find the sounds we are looking for.
Never mind the OP... you're a fine chap, where did you hear this? I've been loudly and annoyingly complaining about the current state of affairs since day 1, as many no doubt know. If this rumour is correct, it may be a little bit of an improvement, but it still sounds like they're barking up the wrong tree, furiously mixing adjectives and nouns and thus making it fundamentally impossible to either tag or find with any accuracy. It sorta worked with Omni 1 once you got your head round it, but Omni 2 blew it all to hell and destroyed any hope of 3rd party consistency.

So if they were gonna make more changes, I wish they'd really fix the fundamental conflicts - being able to have more than one category would really help (so a distorted playable texture could go in Distortion and Playable Texture, and at least mitigate against the adjective / noun problem). Oh, and a batch tagging tool sure would help those of us trying, against all sense at this point, to keep 3rd party stuff within a 100 miles of the factory stuff.

Ok, back in me shell....
Haha, I hope you didn't take me seriously! Maybe I didn't make the new categories ridiculous enough!

I think the tagging is a lost cause in Omnisphere. It's out of control. They have types of sounds like pads/strings alongside descriptors like retro whatever or distorted in the main category. It's crazy. I think they were high when they came up with the categories.

aMUSEd wrote:One synth to rule them all, one synth to find them, One synth to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
has a nice ring to it.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Hey wagner. In vitro slut my true fav. Style boy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JvF9vpqx8
My YOUTUBE slideshows, etc. - https://www.youtube.com/user/samabate2k

Doh, Echoes! It all sounded too plausible...

Well, they've vaguely promised all kinds of improvements but I've little faith in any of it materialising - there's still glaring howlers years after Omani 2's launch alongside all the conceptual blunders, and I was told the process of tagging was a full time job. "You had one job..."
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Omnisphere 3 is my favorite for Mbira and other bell percussion both pseudo ethnic and elegant style. I make classic syncopated bell songs. Omnisphere is thoroughly lacking in a proper update package system. If it has networking issues I am concerned that it would still be great to add online internal updates. I also find that a nice orchestral selection of patches would really finely top off Omnisphere 2 for fun MIDI remixes in the event I wanted to do mixed instrumentation. Synthetic Orchestral and real would be sweet in one or a series of Omnisphere sound sets.

I find that Zebra 2 The Unfinished exotic type patches for Omni would be so good also. Zebra 2 The Unfinished patches are totally incredible in addition to how wonderful Omnisphere 2 is.

It's superb software but to force you to reinstall each update in order upon install is really unusual for a professional music app. The best I would wish for Omnisphere 3 is a whole engine overhaul only to work better with multi core processors and also any needed interface changes. I find that Omni is a serious fantastic tool that's as good as done minus minor things. Just one more thing I care about with it which is that Granular isn't tops with Omni 2. Two more ideas actually. Also a few more good effects and the capacity to use Omni 2.5 or 3 as a VST for effects. One more! More sweet Subsonic Arts style ambient patches like Interstellar and Ethereal.

-Syn AKA Brown mouse dreamer

Omnisphere 3 is my favorite for Mbira and other bell percussion both pseudo ethnic and elegant style. I make classic syncopated bell songs. Omnisphere is thoroughly lacking in a proper update package system. If it has networking issues I am concerned that it would still be great to add online internal updates. I also find that a nice orchestral selection of patches would really finely top off Omnisphere 2 for fun MIDI remixes in the event I wanted to do mixed instrumentation. Synthetic Orchestral and real would be sweet in one or a series of Omnisphere sound sets.

I find that Zebra 2 The Unfinished exotic type patches for Omni would be so good also. Zebra 2 The Unfinished patches are totally incredible in addition to how wonderful Omnisphere 2 is.

It's superb software but to force you to reinstall each update in order upon install is really unusual for a professional music app. The best I would wish for Omnisphere 3 is a whole engine overhaul only to work better with multi core processors and also any needed interface changes. I find that Omni is a serious fantastic tool that's as good as done minus minor things. Just one more thing I care about with it which is that Granular isn't tops with Omni 2. Two more ideas actually. Also a few more good effects and the capacity to use Omni 2.5 or 3 as a VST for effects. One more! More sweet Subsonic Arts style ambient patches like Interstellar and Ethereal.

-Syn AKA Brown mouse dreamer

noiseboyuk wrote:Doh, Echoes! It all sounded too plausible...

Well, they've vaguely promised all kinds of improvements but I've little faith in any of it materialising - there's still glaring howlers years after Omani 2's launch alongside all the conceptual blunders, and I was told the process of tagging was a full time job. "You had one job..."
I don't hold out much hope for tagging improvements. With the amount of patches they have, that is a huge job to modify the tags. It's overly complicated and would be massive effort I think to untangle it all. That's why I say it's a lost cause. They could spend eternity on it and might make it worse! V1 was better imo.

Other than the browsing, there's not a ton I'm hoping for. I'd like to see some better analog filters. The juicy filters are anything but. They just sound like EQ. I still prefer the UVI or power filters. A macro page designer would be great. I like to work with copies of an instrument in a multi for different midi channels (mpe style and gives per voice effects) but it would be nice to be able to tweak a single parameter that controls all equivalent parameters of the different sounds in a multi. So a macro page for the multi would be great.

I don´t know. Omnisphere is mainly done for me.
I would even prefer some new things like Keyscapes from them instead (what about Stringscapes).
I remember when someone asked why they don´t release a new Omnisphere with advanced synthesis engine etc instead.....they said "there are more keyboard/piano players out there than synth players".....lol.....maybe true.
Omnisphere is a great workstation and offers some great things for performance but for synthesis there are far more powerful tools out there. For sampling as well.
It´s a great workhouse for sculpture whole tracks and beeing inspired.
Nice features like parameters lock and .tun file import plus some great sound sources is a winner for me.
Of course the "bla bla it´s all bloat" people have their very own personal reasons and no one force them to use it. It´s not the right tool for them. That´s it. Give a keyboard player a bagpipe.... :D
I don´t think we see Omnisphere 3 anytime soon. Before there might be Stylus RMX 2.
It seems Omnisphere is a love/hate thing. People really love it or just hate it.
The world is really black and white eh´?
But i also don´t believe that someone from Spectrasonics would tell anyone a word about it since they are good in keeping secrets until the release.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don't hold out much hope for tagging improvements. With the amount of patches they have, that is a huge job to modify the tags. It's overly complicated and would be massive effort I think to untangle it all. That's why I say it's a lost cause. They could spend eternity on it and might make it worse! V1 was better imo.

Other than the browsing, there's not a ton I'm hoping for. I'd like to see some better analog filters. The juicy filters are anything but. They just sound like EQ. I still prefer the UVI or power filters. A macro page designer would be great. I like to work with copies of an instrument in a multi for different midi channels (mpe style and gives per voice effects) but it would be nice to be able to tweak a single parameter that controls all equivalent parameters of the different sounds in a multi. So a macro page for the multi would be great.
Yes, agreed on all counts really. V1 tagging was much better. If they gave me a batch tool editor and paid me for a month, I'd sort the damn thing. I'd make it my mission in life.

I think most of the future development will be concerned with Omni as a host rather than as the VI per se. I think Keyscape is the model of things to come. Still surprised we've not yet had Guitarscape, and then Guitarscape Creative, but sure it'll happen one day. One day.... that's the thing with Spectrasonics. The absurd delay on an RMX replacement / update is only as perplexing as the inability of any other developer to swoosh into the vacuum. Spectrasonics, so far, have lucked out there.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

You wont see O3 before 2024 for sure...

I wish Spectrasonics weren't so secretive about product development. I can understand why they keep new products under wraps, but why they can't tell us (their clients) if they intend upgrading things like Stylus RMX or Omnisphere... they are like the NSA or CIA in this regard.

Return to “Instruments”