Farewell

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
4592 posts since 2 Nov, 2006

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:50 am

In a few days maxsynths.com will be down. Just grab the freebies asap. From now on free VTS sites are allowed to host the freeware stuff on their sites, if they will. Thanks to all those which supported the development of the plugins through the years, all the users, donors and friends!

Cheers, Max :)

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:52 am

Gonna miss you Max. Thanks for all you have given to the plugin community :tu:

I just wish that somebody could take over Crisalys and make it a 64 bit plug, it is an excellent instrument.
Last edited by Numanoid on Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
2066 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:53 am

MaxSynths wrote:In a few days maxsynths.com will be down. Just grab the freebies asap. From now on free VTS sites are allowed to host the freeware stuff on their sites, if they will. Thanks to all those which supported the development of the plugins through the years, all the users, donors and friends!

Cheers, Max :)
Sad to see you go, Max, but thank you for this opportunity. I hope people donate, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do next!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Banned
12897 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:59 am

So, just out of curiosity, what are your reasons?

KVRian
698 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Numanoid wrote:Gonna miss you Max. Thanks for all you have given to the plugin community :tu:

I just wish that somebody could take over Crisalys and make it a 64 bit plug, it is an excellent instrument.
same here,
i hope the best for your future project :!:

KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:20 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:So, just out of curiosity, what are your reasons?
According to the website, it's "personal", so it may just be best to leave it at that.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

KVRAF
6750 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Good luck :)
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

KVRAF
2447 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
958 posts since 9 Feb, 2013 from dallas tx

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Definitely some very good and useful work and one of the best free vst offers we have been privileged to have access to. Maybe we need to have a one synth competition with all the Max synths included.

KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:57 pm

yessongs wrote:Definitely some very good and useful work and one of the best free vst offers we have been privileged to have access to. Maybe we need to have a one synth competition with all the Max synths included.
I'm a bit confused, though--do you think he's referring to the ones that were already free? That's fine, but the KVR and home page notices suggest that everything's now donation-ware.

From what I can tell though, you still have to buy the other products; you can only get the freebies for free. Everything else is full-price (which, again, is fine--I'm not asking for anything for free).

Steve

KVRist
166 posts since 28 Jan, 2003 from germany - Berlin

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:00 am

Once again, a fantastic programmer leaves and leaves a gap that is difficult to fill. Very sad.
But I wish you all the best for the future

Return to “Instruments”