Pianoteq 6!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pianoteq Pro 8 Pianoteq Standard 8

scherbakov.al wrote:Pianoteq is getting better!
I very much agree!

I've had Pianoteq Stage from, I think, version 3 and I've never really clicked with it. There was always something a bit sterile that made me approach it for a while, then leave it, then coming back but never staying.

With version 6, I suddenly feel inspired by Pianoteq, for songwriting and just plain noodling. It feels like it's come up from an 'uncanny valley' as it were; it feels organic and alive.

Useful upgrade!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I am considering the PianoTeq pro 6 because of the
"Thousands of editable overtones" and to a lesser
degree "Note-per-note edit 3"

$519 is very steep for me so I will wait for the
Black Friday sale for the and then decide.

A little late to the party, but had a chance to demo today and the Steinberg models (D & B) are for sure a noticeable step up. There is a clarity and dare I say "life" to the new version that was missing in V5. I then A/B'd between the Bluethner and didn't hear much of a difference, if any. I then demoed the YC5 and was shocked that I greatly preferred the V5 version of this model. The V5 had a nice "glassy" quality in the high end, that is now completely gone. I would often use the V5 YC5 in fuller rock & pop mixes where it stuck out quite nicely. Now with V6, that glassy high end is gone, and now its more boxy, less open, and doesn't have the same character I loved about the V5. Really amazing the difference.

Question for those who upgraded, does V6 overwrite V5 or do you get installations for both? I'll need to keep V5 installed just for the YC5 and I worry that it will be like my upgrade from Stage to full, where the V5 will still be installed on my machine, but it will be overwritten by V6 in my account and I will not be able to re-install it in the future?
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

I've still got the download for the most recent v5 in my account - it's hidden just below the v6 download links. This is on a Mac, but P5 and P6 have different plugin names and run alongside each other.

LGK_Dude wrote:Question for those who upgraded, does V6 overwrite V5 or do you get installations for both? I'll need to keep V5 installed just for the YC5 and I worry that it will be like my upgrade from Stage to full, where the V5 will still be installed on my machine, but it will be overwritten by V6 in my account and I will not be able to re-install it in the future?
They're separate installs which can co-exist on your system - You'll notice that the VST is named 'Pianoteq 5' in your DAW/host rather than just 'Pianoteq'

Improvising with a slightly modified Steinway D patch in Pianoteq 6 Pro, internal FX are off but 2 EQs, reverb is provided by Breeze 2.

https://youtu.be/qp7fCKzFTrc
----
This was my first test after dialing in a sort of muted piano sound and recording a quick sequence yesterday after purchasing Pianoteq 6 Pro.

https://youtu.be/NVwl6TOHBoo

Nice to hear your musings with Pianoteq, Simon. Welcome to the family :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:23 pm Nice to hear your musings with Pianoteq, Simon. Welcome to the family :)
Thanks Mario, the last time I tested Pianoteq was about 10 years ago. They've come a long way for sure.

Yep, pretty much a quantum leap since then!

Absolutely!

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:46 pm Yep, pretty much a quantum leap since then!
Pianoteq 6 is pretty sweet.
Here is one of the PT presets I have been working on for a while.
Its a fun instrument to tweak.

https://soundcloud.com/user-289452406/p ... collection

i wonder how much better ver.6000 wil be than ver.6 many moons from now....
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Just waiting for the upgrade to v.7. to unlock the additional instrument packs.

V6 is recent. I would not expect a V7 update for several years.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Well 2.5 years after the release of version 6 is not really "recent".

Return to “Instruments”