Buchla 259e Twisted Waveform Generator for modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aalto Softube Modular

whyterabbyt wrote:
Stan Navi wrote:Reaktor and Modular are great in their own way! Just accept it! :dog:
But what if I have the wrong stuff for my specific styles?

Jeez, do you not realise what the stakes are here?

Should I buy all the modular plugins, just to be sure? Or maybe some hardware modulars?

f**k man, this is serious.
:D :clap:

I think its way overpriced, too. Its a cool oscillator, yes, but it doesn't bring as much value as stock modular package.

Fedor_Tkachev wrote:I think its way overpriced, too. Its a cool oscillator, yes, but it doesn't bring as much value as stock modular package.
Original hardware module is 1600$ (1 pc.). Once you buy software module, you can use as many instances as your CPU can handle. That is big plus! :tu:

Really could do with multi threading support.

Original hardware module is 1600$ (1 pc.)
That's true, but why should anyone care? Its a software, and it's still one oscillator, one of many inside and outside Modular.

I get that licensing takes probably 2/3 of its price, because its Buchla, after all. Anyway, this is a black friday item for me at best.

Not a good start, the license code JRR shop mailed me was already used according to Softube.. :(

RPH wrote:Not a good start, the license code JRR shop mailed me was already used according to Softube.. :(
Demand a new one then?

whyterabbyt wrote:
christian f. wrote: For specific styles STM is pure gold and worth every penny !
These modules are obviously carefully created and not rushed, which is what like.
This allows you to actually grow with the system and modules and master them, so every time a new module is released you understand the real impact on your sound.

Reaktor is a huge messy library of user created modules that all look, behave and sound the same.
The sound of STM is far superior to any Reaktor ensemble for these specific styles... no debate.
oh go on, then, oh enlightened one, do spill the beans on what these blessed 'styles' are, explain which rarified sub-sub-sub-genres seemingly exist on emulations of such a tinily specific palette of Eurorack modules...
Your reply kind of shows how clueless and frustrated you are. You're taking the effort to place this wanna be funny troll post, but don't have anything substantial to say. Keep that post count up sir :tu:

christian f. wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
christian f. wrote: For specific styles STM is pure gold and worth every penny !
These modules are obviously carefully created and not rushed, which is what like.
This allows you to actually grow with the system and modules and master them, so every time a new module is released you understand the real impact on your sound.

Reaktor is a huge messy library of user created modules that all look, behave and sound the same.
The sound of STM is far superior to any Reaktor ensemble for these specific styles... no debate.
oh go on, then, oh enlightened one, do spill the beans on what these blessed 'styles' are, explain which rarified sub-sub-sub-genres seemingly exist on emulations of such a tinily specific palette of Eurorack modules...
Your reply kind of shows how clueless and frustrated you are. You're taking the effort to place this wanna be funny troll post, but don't have anything substantial to say. Keep that post count up sir :tu:
you're the one avoiding his question... you made the claim... back it up

chk071 wrote: Demand a new one then?
I contacted them, yeah indeed, I want a new one. Am waiting for a reply.
Also contacted Softube to be sure it's not a fault on their site.

pdxindy wrote:
Could you help me find the questionmark in his post ?
It was not a question, but more of a sarcastic statement towards my post.

Besides that, back up what ?
My opinion that STM is one of the best solutions ITB for modern Berlin style Techno (including subgenres) still stands and doesn't need any further explanation.
If you're actively producing,releasing and playing out those specific genres you know what I'm talking about.

Regardless, you can make everything with anything, so if you want to have that discussion it should belong in a different topic.

This topic is about the release of the new Buchla module which is in my opinion a must have for every STM owner that makes modern Techno/IDM.

christian f. wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Could you help me find the questionmark in his post ?
It was not a question, but more of a sarcastic statement towards my post.

Besides that, back up what ?
My opinion that STM is one of the best solutions ITB for modern Berlin style Techno (including subgenres) still stands and doesn't need any further explanation.
If you're actively producing,releasing and playing out those specific genres you know what I'm talking about.

Regardless, you can make everything with anything, so if you want to have that discussion it should belong in a different topic.

This topic is about the release of the new Buchla module which is in my opinion a must have for every STM owner that makes modern Techno/IDM.
You're probably right and I wouldn't even begin to argue that. But when an entire synth costs $146 and you then sell a single module for $99 (that's the regular price) that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It tastes of the old "Let's suck them in with a low price for a synth with basic modules and then hit them hard when we release the really good stuff."

I for one don't appreciate that business model, though I and many others have had to put up with it for a very long time as it's nothing new in our "get everything that you can" world.

I think the price of the Buchla module would be easier to swallow if we were seeing regular updates to the basic functionality of the platform which is so glaringly lacking. And a lot more free, basic modules being released. I'm still waiting for a halfway decent sequencer and a quantizer. And when you look at the existing modules, half of them are just macro knob panels which provide no additional functionality.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

wagtunes wrote: I for one don't appreciate that business model, though I and many others have had to put up with it for a very long time as it's nothing new in our "get everything that you can" world.
OK, so you don't appreciate their business model, thanks for your opinion. Now, who's forcing you to buy it? Is not buying it makes your Modular not usable and not working? If you think the module is too pricey, just don't get it and end of the story.

wagtunes wrote:
You're probably right and I wouldn't even begin to argue that. But when an entire synth costs $146 and you then sell a single module for $99 (that's the regular price) that leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It tastes of the old "Let's suck them in with a low price for a synth with basic modules and then hit them hard when we release the really good stuff."

I for one don't appreciate that business model, though I and many others have had to put up with it for a very long time as it's nothing new in our "get everything that you can" world.

I feel you, but this way the individual modules will probably keep some resale value and you can keep what you use and sell what you don't.
WIth all these sales, subscription models and extreme price drops (Lexicon, Waves etc.) it's safe to say that
if you don't benefit immediately financially or creatively from a new released piece of software, you should wait a few weeks/months til it's on sale.

Return to “Instruments”