Call to Arms: Charity 2017 ($37731 final result raised)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Luftrum wrote:
justified wrote:Red Barnet is an International member who did not manually accept or deny this payment.

Ouch! That's a human error. I actually think Red Barnet created the PayPal account because of our charity drive here and this is clearly a misunderstanding, as they have to accept payments if they haven't yet. I suggest sending it back to them using this link https://www.paypal.me/RedBarnet that would be most fair. I will contact them and explain them the importance of accepting the payments if they haven't.
Thanks for the answer! I've just resent the money with the same message as previously.

Well, one thing is for sure - I won't be ordering from Bastl's shop.
Have any of the Bastl winners received anything yet?

clementshawes wrote:Well, one thing is for sure - I won't be ordering from Bastl's shop.
Have any of the Bastl winners received anything yet?
:o

You realise they are a rather small (fast-growing?) business and they notched up the highest sum for the charity, right?

Yes, but one shouldn't notch a sum, if one can't deliver. This should be a chance for devs to build reputation, not ruin it.

They make great gear, I love my microgranny, I can wait as long as it takes. Everyone who contributed deserve more business from us all.

haven't heard anything from bastl so far. just an email from them, a little something that everything is ok would be nice.

but on the other hand, i got my stuff for a ridiculous low price, so i can wait now, no problem with that

skipscada wrote:You realise they are a rather small (fast-growing?) business and they notched up the highest sum for the charity, right?
And, in the most basic sense, I am a paying customer.
But, they make great products and the auction was for a great cause; personally, I think I got a great deal on the Kastle - especially against the GBP price.

I'm not trying to be dramatic and calling to boycott their goods - I am simply stating that any future Bastl products I want, won't be bought through their store.

skipscada wrote:You realise they are a rather small (fast-growing?) business and they notched up the highest sum for the charity, right?
Bastl has been around since 2013. They've sold thousands of Eurorack modules and I don't know how many Microgrannies, Kastles etc. They're actively promoting musical events locally and posting stuff on social media regularly. They recently opened a coffee shop next to their physical store, and so on.

I wouldn't think they would have a problem communicating with 10 people and shipping them 17 items, given an entire month.

It was good of them to offer so many donations for the charity, but they're also dropping the ball here. If I'd bought three Eurorack modules at full price from their store, when they were in stock, and heard nothing for an entire month I'd be quite annoyed. When I buy from Control or Detroit Modular, or even when I buy used from some random person on the forum, usually they ship the same or next day and I've got it 2 or 3 days later.

I'm inclined to cut them a little more slack since this is a charity auction, but delays combined with poor communication don't reflect well on them as someone I'd want to buy from.

I have just received my Nektar keyboard :) Big thanks for the amazing follow up by Justin from Nektar :tu:

Thanks everyone for the very successful charity auction organized by our saint Luftrum.

I hope all will receive their toys soon :)

yippie!!! just got my bastl stuff! was a bit too happy, cut off half my finger when i opened the box with a knife but i'm happy..... really bloody stupid but happy!

thx again to everybody involved, have fun with your stuff :)

Triggerpad wrote:yippie!!! just got my bastl stuff!
There's hope after all :tu:
Triggerpad wrote:was a bit too happy, cut off half my finger when i opened the box with a knife but i'm happy..... really bloody stupid but happy!
Ouch!

:phew:
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Luftrum wrote:
:phew:
:pray:

Return to “Instruments”