A little help sorting out a Largo bug - can't select presets from a bank made in newest version.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I load a bank that was made and saved in the recent newest versions, Largo will not let me select the presets in the right side bank browser. It will load the bank fine, but when I try to click another preset, it does not load but stays on the same preset.

So far I've had 7 people confirm this problem. It seems banks saved in the latest version, 1.7.0 - 1.7.3 are effected, not banks saved or made in previous versions. If I can get at least one other person to verify the issue is with saving banks in the latest version, I think it could be a big help when dealing with Waldorf support.

Method 1. (Will test the layers feature - it might only effect presets that have layers?)

1. download "largo bank bug" from google drive in youtube video description
2. Place in User Presets (Open largo, then right click reveal in explorer to find location)
3. Since the presets were made in the latest largo version and open fine as .fxp, we need to test the bank saving function. So select all preset from the "largo bank bug" folder and insert into an init bank.
4. Save bank in the same folder.
5. Start clicking and exploring the presets. At some point, Largo will stop loading the presets selected but stay on the last one loaded.

Method 2. (easier method)

1. Save init preset with no modification
2. Save init preset with reverb.
3. Insert both presets into init largo bank, multiple times if desired.
4. Save bank.
5. See if you run into the same problem

Please see this video to see if you can confirm this problem. There is a google drive link to the 11 presets I used in the video in the youtube description. In addition, there is also a mini bank of 11 presets that others can try out to see if they encounter the bug too (just in case 7 isn't enough for waldorf).

Video Showcasing the bug - I first test the single .fxp presets. They work. I then test the bank loading presets and they do not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfTtY8bRin0

Video on how to test the bug (includes a google drive link for the presets)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYDVrsT ... e=youtu.be
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Hi,

This looks similar to the issue solved with the latest Largo v1.7.3 for Windows (update released some weeks ago in September 2017) where switching presets was not possible if another Part/Layer than Part/Layer 1 (first of the 4 parts) was selected for editing (independenrt of which part is used/activazted in the patch).

A few questions:
1) Are you using the latest version 1.7.3 that was released recently ?
2) Which host/DAW software are you using, i could not really identify that from the videos (FWIW i got some major hosts like e.g. Live 9, Cubase Pro 9, Studio One 3 and Bitwo 2 for testing purposes here in Windows 10 64-bit) ?
3) which plugin format are you using (e.g. VST2, VST3, AAX or AU)?
3) Which OS are you using (i am using Windows 10 64-bit here)

One thing you could check is if patch switching works when the selected part is set to Part 1. This was also a workaround for the issue fixed with the latest update v1.7.3 (for Windows). That issue was mostly found if a patch was saved with a Part other than 1 being selected while saving, as the selected part is saved with the patch (as i could also see in your first video).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Answers to your questions
1. I am using the latest 1.7.3 version.
2. I am using Studio One, Orion, and Fl Studio.
3. I am using both 32 and 64 bit vst 2 and vst3 (inside Studio One)
4. I am using windows 64 bit 10. Others who reported the issue are using various macs.

The problem is persistent across vst platforms, daws, and operating systems!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I just did the test you mentioned and this seems to fix the problem. Part 2, 3, or 4 were highlighted when I saved the preset. I highlighted part 1 for 5 presets and saved again, then saved the bank, and it works okay now. Very odd bug, but atleast I'm glad I find a solution. I know have to save 550 presets again - yay!

Thanks a lot Ingo!!!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Answers to your questions
1. I am using the latest 1.7.3 version.
2. I am using Studio One, Orion, and Fl Studio.
3. I am using both 32 and 64 bit vst 2 and vst3 (inside Studio One)
4. I am using windows 64 bit 10. Others who reported the issue are using various macs.

The problem is persistent across vst platforms, daws, and operating systems!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I just did the test you mentioned and this seems to fix the problem. Part 2, 3, or 4 were highlighted when I saved the preset. I highlighted part 1 for 5 presets and saved again, then saved the bank, and it works okay now. Very odd bug, but atleast I'm glad I find a solution. I know have to save 550 presets again - yay!

Thanks a lot Ingo!!!
Damn, i just realized that what was fixed in v1.7.3 was about an issue with the volume knobs in the mixer section not working properly but what you reported was an bug that was alraedy known and that i had checked myself too recently but is not fixed in an official update yet...

Re-saving the patches with part 1 is indeed a workaround and should solve the issue until there is an official fix for this (which seems to be work in progress...).
This workaround was also included in my bug report i sent to Waldorf recently after doing some tests...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

still not fixed. cant copy and past presets . figures they would;d sell it for cheap now .. its useless if you cant rename and save presets or copy and paste them. right? Junk
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Return to “Instruments”