Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
acid alex
KVRist
32 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 pm

I have demo’d Thorn and it sounds great, really nice to program but is it me or is the timing totally out on the Arpeggiator? It sounds like it has some kind of swing on ot even though that is set at 0%. I tried sending the same notes through Dunes arp and it sounded spot on. There’s definately something odd going on in Thorns arp.

Ranoka
KVRist
97 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from UK

Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 am

PB has Thorn on sale, and crossgrade deal from Tantra. Expiring Sept 17th
https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals/show?sale_id=4248

nichttuntun
KVRist
479 posts since 22 Nov, 2017

Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 am

acid alex wrote:I have demo’d Thorn and it sounds great, really nice to program but is it me or is the timing totally out on the Arpeggiator? It sounds like it has some kind of swing on ot even though that is set at 0%. I tried sending the same notes through Dunes arp and it sounded spot on. There’s definately something odd going on in Thorns arp.
If I remember correctly someone mentioned that earlier already. It's not important for me. I play everything live or program it in the best available ARP ... the DAW :)
When I really program an ARP within a synth I play it only very short and most times so that when I press keys a bit longer that then the ARP effect sets in to bring some changes or aftertouch effects.

A joyful modulation for you.

Return to “Instruments”