Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

enCiphered wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 pm But nichttuntun wrote
This wonderful synth is now not longer supported by Dmitry
Does this mean, this synth won´t get any updates in the future? V1.2 will be the last build ever?
No, that's false. Dmitry is the sole dev for Thorn and of course will continue to support it. Plugin Alliance just handles distribution, the online store, marketing, etc.
nichttuntun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm This wonderful synth is now not longer supported by Dmitry.
100% false. Please get your facts straight before posting.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Ok, thank you guys for clarifying!

Good to know my friend.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:47 pm Ok, thank you guys for clarifying!
+1

Thought there was a new synth!!

EnochLight wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:36 pm
nichttuntun wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm This wonderful synth is now not longer supported by Dmitry.
100% false. Please get your facts straight before posting.
Wonder why people pull such bullshit out of their asses. :dog:

Because it's a little uncomfortable when it gets all jammed up in there :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:59 am Because it's a little uncomfortable when it gets all jammed up in there :)
:clap:
Always Read the Manual!

Don't wonder. Get used to the fact that things just happen. I thought it would be that way and now it's clarified for all of you. I am aware many people didn't know that at all. So better call it a constructive process with some value information in the end. Don't get too hot for nothing, you might spill over. Have joy and be sound.

Currently on sale for $50 at PA 👍
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:32 pm Currently on sale for $50 at PA 👍
Very worth it.
It doesn't do everything well, but what it does, it does beautifully.
Fills in some gaps even in a very well stocked VST library.

I'm still on Thorn v. 1.1
Does anybody know if I can download the updates from the Plugin Alliance site for free? Will they update my existing Thorn or will it require a new code that one has to pay for?

I'm having crashing issues in my Cakewalk by Bandlab running on Windows 7 Pro 64- bit now and I see that the latest version 1.2.1 fixes that. Can I get this for free?

No, you have to pay to upgrade to 1.2.

Downloaded. 👍
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Plugin Alliance $49.99 , in the UK that's $59.99 , they don't add VAT until you add it to the basket.

I hate companies that do that. It's stopped me from buying many a plugin in the past. The only one who actually acknowledged this and helped out was Urs.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”